Grade 2 Adjective Worksheets
Free grade 2 adjective worksheets to help your students apply their understanding in English. Adjectives are a great way for students to improve their writing. They make your writing more descriptive and engaging! Ensure you teach your children adjectives and then use these free worksheets to apply their knowledge. Simply click on the images below to download.
Click to Preview
Editing Task Cards!
Need more English worksheets? Check out these editing task cards. They’re a great wat to get your students editing writing whilst learning facts and information. For students to improve in English, they must be capable of editing. These task cards are a great way for children to practise!
Murder Mystery Activities
adjectives worksheets for second grade
Resource types, all resource types, adjectives worksheets for second grade.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
Adjectives Printable Worksheet Pack - Kindergarten First Second Grade
Adjective Worksheets / Grammar and Vocabulary Practice for 2nd grade and ESOL
Grammar Parts of Speech Worksheets Google Noun Verb Adjective First Second Grade
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
Adjectives and Adverbs Worksheets , Assessments and Center Activities - 2nd Grade
L.2.1.e Adjectives and Adverbs Worksheet , Centers, Activities 2nd Grade Grammar
Grammar Parts of Speech Worksheets Noun Verb Adjective First Second Grade
Adjectives and Adverbs Google Docs Worksheets 2nd & 3rd Grade Digital Resources
- Google Drive™ folder
ADJECTIVE ADJECTIVES Worksheets PowerPoint Activity Lesson 1st 2nd 3rd Grade
Parts of Speech Worksheets Nouns Verbs Adjectives Pronouns K 1st 2nd Grade
Adjectives and Adverbs Worksheets for Review for 2nd and 3rd Grade
FREE Adjective Worksheets and Activities - Grammar for First and Second Grade
Adjectives Worksheets & Activities 2nd Grade Print & Digital
Adjectives Activities, Minilessons, Worksheets , Centers 2nd Grade
Adjectives Worksheets Incl Comparatives and Superlatives K 1st 2nd Grade
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
Adjectives Worksheets First Second Grade
Identifying Adjectives on Leaves | Fall Grammar Worksheets for Second Grade
Adverbs and Adjectives Worksheet Activity 1st 2nd 3rd Grade
Adjectives | Worksheet Activity Kindergarten 1st 2nd 3rd Grade Word Search
Super ADJECTIVES Worksheet Packet - Kindergarten First Second Grade - 50 PAGES!
ADJECTIVES WORKSHEETS - 1st, 2nd , 3rd Grade Adjectives Worksheets
Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives - Practice Worksheets - 1st & 2nd Grade
Use Adjectives to Describe Nouns Worksheet - 1st Grade , 2nd Grade
Adjective & Adverb Worksheets Second Grade Grammar No Prep Printables
1st or 2nd Grade Adjectives Worksheet or Quiz: Common Core L.1.1f, L.2.1e
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service
- Tell us what you think
Free Printable Adjectives Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Adjectives are essential for Reading & Writing success in Grade 2! Discover our collection of free printable worksheets to help students master the use of descriptive words and enhance their writing skills.
Explore Adjectives Worksheets by Grades
Explore Other Subject Worksheets for grade 2
- Social studies
- Social emotional
- Foreign language
- Reading & Writing
Explore printable Adjectives worksheets for 2nd Grade
Adjectives worksheets for Grade 2 are essential tools for teachers who aim to enhance their students' reading and writing skills. These worksheets are specifically designed to help young learners understand and apply grammar rules related to adjectives, which are crucial components of the English language. By incorporating these worksheets into their lesson plans, teachers can effectively teach grammar and mechanics, ensuring that their students have a strong foundation in the parts of speech. Furthermore, these worksheets provide ample opportunities for students to practice their newfound knowledge, enabling them to develop confidence in their language abilities. In conclusion, adjectives worksheets for Grade 2 are invaluable resources for educators who wish to improve their students' reading and writing capabilities.
Quizizz is an excellent platform for teachers to access a wide range of educational resources, including adjectives worksheets for Grade 2. This platform offers various quizzes and interactive activities that can supplement traditional worksheets, providing a more engaging and enjoyable learning experience for students. By utilizing Quizizz, teachers can effectively teach grammar and mechanics, as well as other essential aspects of reading and writing. The platform also covers various parts of speech, ensuring that students receive a comprehensive education in language arts. Moreover, Quizizz allows teachers to track their students' progress and identify areas that may require additional support or attention. Overall, Quizizz is an invaluable tool for educators who seek to enhance their students' learning experience and achieve success in teaching Grade 2 grammar and language skills.
Grade 2 & 3 Adjective Worksheets
Free grade 2 & 3 adjective worksheets to help your students improve their knowledge in English. Adjectives can be tricky, but if you incorporate them well in your class, they can be fun! Children in grade 2 focus on identifying adjectives. The ability to recognise an adjective in a sentence is important. Students in grade 2 & 3 begin to identify more challenging adjectives and start to confidently use them in sentences. Give your students these worksheets and have them work on adjectives daily. These worksheets focus on identifying adjectives, choosing adjectives and using adjectives. Even though the title suggests they’re for grade 2 and 3, they certainly could be used for grade 1, grade 4 and even grade 5. Click on the images below to download the worksheets.
Click to Preview
More Adjective Worksheets
Grade 4 & 5, grade 6 & 7, adjective stories.
Need More Adjective Worksheets
For more adjective worksheets, Check out K5 Learning . They have plenty of great worksheets for all grade levels. The best part is…they’re all free!
Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
New Year's Worksheets
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
Printable worksheets for teaching students to identify basic adjectives in sentences, as well as articles (a, an, the), comparative and superlative adjectives, and prepositional phrases.
Logged in members can use the Super Teacher Worksheets filing cabinet to save their favorite worksheets.
Quickly access your most used files AND your custom generated worksheets!
Please login to your account or become a member and join our community today to utilize this helpful feature.
Articles ( a , an , & the )
Adjectives or adverbs, comparative & superlative, proper adjectives, commonly confused adjectives, prepositional phrases.
Several worksheets to teach simple subject, simple predicate, complete subjects, and complete predicates.
A hodgepodge collection of grammar worksheets
PDF with answer key:
PDF no answer key:
- Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 7 Adjectives
Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 7 Adjectives or Describing Words in PDF file format updated for academic session 2023-24 applicable for CBSE and State board students. All the contents are updated according to latest CBSE Curriculum term 1 and term 2 examination. Download assignment and worksheets to practice the concepts based on Adjectives and be confident in all aspect of English Grammar for Grade 2 Chapter 7 Adjectives.
English Grammar Grade 2 Chapter 7 Adjectives and its Uses
- Class 2 English Grammar Chapter 7 Revision Book
- Class 2 English Grammar Next Chapter
- Class 2 English Grammar Main Page
- Class 2 English NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for Class 2 all Subjects
An adjective is a describing word used with a noun or pronoun. It is used to describe a noun or a pronoun and provides more information about them. It is one of the most important tools in English Grammar to enhance the beauty of sentence and make the sentences simpler. See the illustrations given below to understand Adjectives in better way.
- My study room is small.
- He is a poor man.
- Sonal is smart.
The words small, poor, and smart describe the noun ‘study room’, ‘man’ and ‘Sonal’. So they are adjectives.
Some more examples
- 1. This is a red rose.
- 2. This is a big house.
- 3. This is a hot drink.
- 4. This is a thick book.
- 5. This is a beautiful scenery.
Words red, big, hot, thick, beautiful are describing word.
Choose correct adjectives given in the brackets. 1. In summers we like to drink ___ water. (cold / hot) 2. A ____ building is there in my town. (tall / fast) 3. We wear ___ clothes in winter. (warm / cold) 4. He is a _____ man. (poor / sharp) 5. A giraffe is a ___ animal. (wild / domestic 6. This is an ___ story. (interesting / ugly) 7. The dinosaur was a ___ animal. (huge / small) 8. I like to see _____ movies. (comedy / big)
Answers: 1. cold 2. tall 3. warm 4. poor 5. wild 6. interesting 7. huge 8. comedy
Copyright 2023 by Tiwari Academy | A step towards Free Education
- Parts Of Speech
Adjective worksheet for class 2
- by Sampriti Debnath
Adjective worksheet for class 2 with answers (Grade 2)
ADJECTIVE WORKSHEET FOR CLASS 2
Before you read any further, it might be a good idea first to understand What are adjectives?
- Adjective of Quantity.
- Adjective of Quality.
- Adjective of Number.
- Interrogative Adjective.
The words that describe nouns are called describing words or adjectives.
Adjective Worksheet for class 2 Questions
Underline the adjective in the following sentences..
- I have a red ball.
- Mother has a sharp knife.
- These are sweet apples.
- This is a lovely doll.
- The thirsty boy drank all the water.
- It is a rainy day.
- The box is very heavy.
- The mangoes are sweet.
- Sunil has a new pen.
- I have two pencils.
- Mohan has two dogs.
- His hair is curly.
- They write in a long notebook.
- She is a good girl.
- This bag is heavy.
Fill in the blanks with suitable adjectives from Brackets.
- The packet is very …………. (heavy/young).
- Delhi is a …………. city. (round/big).
- Respecting elders is a …………. habit. (good/bad).
- The giraffe has a …………. neck. (long/short).
- When it rains, the road gets …………. (dry/muddy).
- The table is …………. (dirty/muddy).
Write one word for the following phrases. Choose the answer from the box below.
- Something that costs a lot ………….
- Someone who shows a lot of courage ………….
- A cake is full of cream………….
- A person full of greed ………….
- A beach full of sand ………….
- Someone who has good manners ………….
Write opposite of the following words. Choose the answers from the words given in the box.
- Thick ………….
Underline the adjective in the given paragraph.
- There was a beautiful lady. She lived in a big house. There was a small garden. There were six rose plants in the garden. A small fountain was also there in the garden.
adjective worksheet for class 2 solutions
- The thirsty boy drank all the water.
- The box is very heavy .
- The mangoes are sweet .
- His hair is curly .
- This bag is heavy .
- The packet is very heavy . (heavy/young).
- Delhi is a big city. (round/big).
- Respecting elders is a good habit. (good/bad).
- The giraffe has a long neck. (long/short).
- When it rains, the road gets muddy . (dry/muddy).
- The table is dirty . (dirty/muddy).
- Something that costs a lot costly .
- Someone who shows a lot of courage courageous .
- A cake is full of cream creamy .
- A person is full of greed greedy .
- A beach is full of sand sandy .
- Someone who has good manners well-mannered .
- Thick – Thin
- Big – Small
- Old – Young
- Top – Bottom
- Long – Short
- Rich – Poor
- Weak – Strong
- Easy – Difficult
Printable Adjective worksheet for class 2 Pdf
If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to leave a comment below. We will respond as soon as possible. Or Email Us At [email protected]
2 thoughts on “Adjective worksheet for class 2”
thankyou very helpful..
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Worksheet of Adjectives for Class 2 with Explanation
Our Worksheet of Adjectives for Class 2 with Explanation is a treasure trove of learning, offering a delightful journey through the enchanting realm of adjectives.
So, unlock the world of vivid descriptions and captivating language with our Grade 2 Adjectives Worksheets!
In the classroom or at home, our adjective exercises for Class 2 are a valuable tool for educators and parents alike.
Adjectives for Class 2 Explanation
An adjective is a describing word. An adjective describes a noun.
1. He is a tall man.
2. She is an old woman.
3. It is a small house.
4. This is a pink skirt.
Kinds of Adjectives
There are different kinds of adjectives.
1. Adjectives of color → It is a red dress.
2. Adjectives of size → A tiny ant lives in a large house.
3. Adjectives of shape → There is a square box on a round table.
4. Adjectives of taste → This is a sweet fruit.
5. Adjectives of touch → I need a cup of hot coffee.
People also ask
Adjective worksheets for class 2
With an engaging Worksheet of Adjectives for Class 2 and charming illustrations, these exercises make learning fun and educational.
Worksheet 1 of Adjectives for Class 2
1. Match the adjectives in column A with the correct words in column B
Worksheet 2 of Adjectives for Class 2
2. Tick the correct words that answer these questions.
1. Which one is soft? ( leaf/ball)
2. Which one is round? (mango/orange)
3. Which one is cold? (coffee/icecream)
4. Which is flat? ( field/hill)
5. Which is straight? (scale/tap)
6. Which one is broad? ( cycle/road)
Read the words. Label the shapes with words from the box.
[ Words: round, square, oval, rectangle, triangle, star]
1. Egg _________
2. Moon _________
3. English book _________
4. Star _________
5. Slate _________
6. Box _________
4. Circle the adjective and underline the nouns they describe.
1. The round stool is near the table.
2. Mother cut a big watermelon.
3. The thin man walks slowly.
4. She wears purple ribbons.
5. My kitten slips on wet floors.
6. Salma has short hair.
7. He walks along the wide road.
8. The baby plays with the fluffy pillow.
5. Rewrite these sentences with the opposite of the underlined words. Use the words in the box.
[Words: wet, happy, sweet, thick, low, Small, hot, wide]
1. Jane was very unhappy to see her brother.
2. Ali climbed over the high wall.
3. Mina drinks cold milk every evening.
4. The dry sand hurt my feet.
5. Rohan gave the sour orange to Rahul.
6. Mr Sharma lives on a large island.
7. Tim walks down the narrow road.
8. Grandmother is reading a thin book.
6. Choose the correct adjectives to complete these sentences.
1. Anu lives in a tall building. _____________ (short/tall)
2. The tiger’s cage is _____________(large/thick)
3. The bug crawls up the wall. _____________(tiny/narrow)
4. The elephant bathes in the river._____________ (huge/wide)
5. The boat crosses the river. _____________(fat/wide)
6. There is little water in the well _____________ (high/deep)
7. Read this story. Underline the adjectives of shape and size. Circle the adjectives of color.
Geetu plants a small pumpkin seed in her grandmother’s backyard. She waters it every day with an orange plastic can with a long spout. A few days later, she sees tiny green shoots growing out of the soil. She is very happy! She waters it and waits for the plant to grow. Soon, there are little green leaves and the plant starts to spread over the square garden patch. Very soon, Geetu sees small, round pumpkins. After a few more weeks, Geetu and her grandmother pluck a big, juicy orange pumpkin and take it into the kitchen. Geetu is happy that she has grown a vegetable!
8. Read the words and the clues given. Find the correct adjectives in the word grid. Color those boxes and write the adjectives in the spaces given.
1. _____________ chocolate
2. _____________ well
3. _____________ tower
4. _____________ knife
5. _____________ drink
6. _____________ feather
Adjectives For Class 2
Jump ahead to:
Adjectives are describing words that tell us more about nouns or pronouns.
Some common describing words.
Read the sentences.
- Neha is a pretty girl. In this sentence, pretty tells us what kind of girl Neha is. It describes Neha.
- Sahil takes a cup of hot tea. In this sentence hot tells us what kind of tea Sahil takes. It describes tea.
- Pihu is a good student. Good describe Pihu as a student.
- This is a huge building. The huge describes the building.
- That is a red pencil. The red describes the pencil.
In the above sentences, Pihu, hot, good, building and pencil are describing nouns in the sentences.
Let us learn more examples.
- These are sweet mangoes.
- Navya is an intelligent girl.
- Rohan is a bad boy.
- This is a beautiful flower.
- Saksham is a brave boy.
- The little baby is crying.
- There is a red car.
- It is a large ball
- He is a tall man.
- She is a good girl.
Adjectives Worksheet for Class 2
Choose the correct adjectives given in the box.
Underline the adjectives in the following sentences.
- Mr. Sharma is an old man.
- She is wearing a beautiful dress.
- He bought a new phone.
- Aman is a sweet boy.
- She has two pencils.
- There is a big box on the table.
- She is a very smart girl.
- Sudeep is a naughty boy.
- Ruhani ate three chocolates.
- The food was tasty.
Fill in the blanks with the correct adjectives given in the brackets.
- The box is very _________ . (heavy/ young)
- Ruchi has some _________ coffee. (hot/ big)
- My sister has _________ hair. (tall/ long)
- My mother wears a _________ saree. (beautiful/ near)
- He is _________ boy. (lazy/ loud)
- It is _________ mangoes. (sweet/ bitter)
- This is a _________ shoe. (black/ hot)
- Ruchi looks _________ . (cold/ pretty)
- She cooks _________ cookies. (tasty/ hot)
- Rishab buys a _________ watch. (Sharp/ new)
Fill in the blanks with describing words.
- A _______ ball
- A _______ baby
- An _______ girl
- A _______ dress.
- An _______ woman
- A _______ tea
- A _______ hair
- A _______ building
- A _______ boy
- A _______ car
Also read: Noun for Class 2
Adjectives for Class 2 Pdf
Leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Adjective Worksheets for Class 2 | Free PDF
An adjective is a word that describes a noun. Some adjectives tell “how many” and some adjectives tell “what kind”.
Adjective Worksheets For Class 2 in PDF Format
- Adjective Worksheets for CBSE Class 2
- Grade 2 Adjectives Worksheets – Grammar Practice
- Adjectives Practice Worksheet for Class 2 English Grammar
- Adjectives and Nouns Worksheets for Grade 2 – Grammar
- Adjectives Exercise for CBSE Class 2 – English Worksheets
- Describing Words Exercise for CBSE Class 2 – DPS
- Describing Words Worksheet for CBSE Class 2 – DPS (1)
- Describing Words Worksheet for CBSE Class 2 – DPS
Adjective Worksheets for Class 2 with answers
Q.1 : Circle the adjective(s) in each sentence.
- The yellow sun is shining. Answer : yellow
- The cute puppy is playing in the garden. Answer : cute
- She has a red balloon. Answer : red
- The big elephant is walking slowly. Answer : big
- The delicious cake is on the table. Answer : delicious
- The tall boy is playing football. Answer : tall
- The red apple is juicy. Answer : red
- She has a cute teddy bear. Answer : cute
- The big elephant is grey. Answer : big, grey
- The beautiful flower smells nice. Answer : beautiful, nice
Q.2 : Fill in the blanks with suitable adjectives.
- The ________ flower smells nice. Answer : beautiful
- He has a ________ bike. Answer : blue
- The ________ cat is sleeping. Answer : lazy
- She wore a ________ dress to the party. Answer : pretty
- The ________ bird is flying high. Answer : colorful
- He has a ________ dog. Answer : playful
- The ________ girl is singing. Answer : happy
- The ________ bird is chirping. Answer : colorful
Q.3 : Underline the adjective(s) in each sentence.
- The tall tree provides shade. Answer : tall
- The happy children are playing in the park. Answer : happy
- She painted a beautiful picture. Answer : beautiful
- The small kitten is sleeping. Answer : small
- The fast car zoomed past. Answer : fast
- The small dog barked loudly. Answer : small, loudly
Q.4 : Choose the correct adjective to complete each sentence.
- The ________ flower smells nice. (red / pretty) Answer : pretty
- He has a ________ dog. (big / yellow) Answer : big
- The ________ cat is playing. (lazy / fast) Answer : lazy
- She wore a ________ dress to the party. (blue / beautiful) Answer : beautiful
- The ________ bird is singing. (colorful / small) Answer : colorful
Q.5 : Rewrite each sentence, replacing the underlined word with an adjective.
- The flower is pretty. Answer : The flower is beautiful.
- He has a fast car. Answer : He has a speedy car.
- The cake tastes sweet. Answer : The cake tastes delicious.
- The road is long. Answer : The road is never-ending.
- The puppy is small. Answer : The puppy is tiny.
Q.6 Circle the adjective(s) in each sentence below. Underline the noun it describes.
- Grandpa packed a healthy snack.
- I just finished reading a good book.
- I splashed cold water on my face.
- We won the last game.
- The fuzzy yellow chicks were so cute.
- He wore his warm mittens in the snow.
- I picked yellow flowers for my Mom.
- She likes to sit with her two friends.
- We live in the house with the white shutters.
- My older sister helped me make dessert
- Adjective: healthy
- Underlined Noun: snack
- Adjective: good
- Underlined Noun: book
- Adjective: cold
- Underlined Noun: water
- Adjective: last
- Underlined Noun: game
- Adjectives: fuzzy, yellow
- Underlined Noun: chicks
- Adjective: warm
- Underlined Noun: mittens
- Adjective: yellow
- Underlined Noun: flowers
- Adjective: two
- Underlined Noun: friends
- Adjective: white
- Underlined Noun: shutters
- Adjective: older
- Underlined Noun: sister
Q.7 Circle the adjectives that tell how many. Then rewrite each sentence using a new amount.
- My birthday is in three weeks. _________________________
- I am inviting ten friends to my party. _________________________
- Mom is blowing up a few balloons. _________________________
- There will be nine candles on my cake. _________________________
- One candle is for good luck. _________________________
- There will be many sweet treats. _________________________
- Rewritten: My birthday is in five weeks.
- Rewritten: I am inviting twelve friends to my party.
- Rewritten: Mom is blowing up several balloons.
- Rewritten: There will be eleven candles on my cake.
- Rewritten: Two candles are for good luck.
- Rewritten: There will be plenty of sweet treats.
Q.8 Find the adjective in each sentence. Write them on the lines.
- Mom hangs colourful lanterns around the yard. adjective _____________________
- The full moon is shining in the sky. adjective ______________________
- We place the food on the four tables. adjective __________________________
- Yummy smells fill the air. adjective __________________________________
- Three guests bring guitars. adjective ____________________________________
- They play some songs after we eat. adjective _________________________________________
- Grandma and Grandpa dance to their favourite tune. adjective _________________________________________
- Adjective: colourful
- Adjective: full
- Adjective: four
- Adjective: yummy
- Adjective: three
- Adjective: some
- Adjective: favourite
Q.9 Circle the adjective in each sentence. Underline the noun the adjective describes.
- Ram is having a big party for his brother Shyam.
- He is making a chocolate cake.
- He is putting vanilla frosting on top.
- We are blowing up blue balloons.
- I am hanging red streamers.
- A funny clown will juggle at the party.
- We got Paul a tricky puzzle for a present.
- His parents got him new skates.
- Adjective: big
- Underlined Noun: party, Paul
- Adjective: chocolate
- Underlined Noun: cake
- Adjective: vanilla
- Underlined Noun: frosting
- Adjective: blue
- Underlined Noun: balloons
- Adjective: red
- Underlined Noun: streamers
- Adjective: funny
- Underlined Noun: clown, party
- Adjective: tricky
- Underlined Noun: puzzle, present
- Adjective: new
- Underlined Noun: skates
Adjectives Worksheets For Class 2
Adjectives Worksheets For Class 2 – An adjective is a word that refers to a pronoun or noun. Adjectives are used to describe the nature as well as the quantity.
how big or which one. For example,
Large rocks are present.
There are four tiny rock.
What is your favorite rock?
The rocks I own aren’t my property.
Most adjectives can be used after a linking verb or in front of an adjective (called an attributive adjective) or after the linking verb (called a predicate adjective).For example,
The blue automobile moves quickly. (Attribute adjective)
It’s a blue car. (adjectival predicate)
It is possible to use adjectives prior to or after a noun in order to describe things like good, terrible, small, and big. For example:
She excels at school. (adjectival predicate)
This apple is extraordinary. (Attribute adjective)
Some adjectives, like “own,” and “primary,” are commonly placed before a number of nouns. For example:
This is me driving it.
The main street has been closed.
One student received only an A.
To indicate degree, many adjectives are also able to be converted to superlative or comparative forms.
Large, larger, or the largest
joyful, joyfuler, happiest
Adjectives with a closing “y” change to -ier, and -iest. For example,
Most shiny, glossy and shining
large, larger and the largest
“More+adjective” and”most +adjective” are two of the most popular word structures for adjectives having more than one syllable. Consider, for instance:
The highest, greatest and most sophisticated
Here are some examples of regular and irregular comparative and superlative adjectives:
best, better, and best
poor, poor, poor
Many, many more of them, but the most
Very tiny; extremely small and not the smallest
The majority of adjectives have an adverbial function. For instance,
He travels slow. (adverb)
He drives slowly.
The countless applications of Adjectives
An adjective is a word which describes a noun, pronoun or both. Adjectives can be used to define what, how many, and what kind of things. With adjectives, you are able to define the dimensions, shape colour, provenance and location of an object.
Most adjectives are used before or after a connected verb or noun. For instance,
The blooms are gorgeous. Verb that connects
The word “flowers” is best described with the adjective “beautiful”.
My car is new. (Adjacent or a part of a noun)
The noun “car” is paired coupled with the adjective “new” is a perfect fit.
Certain adjectives shouldn’t be used in conjunction with nouns. Examples:
We require more primary components. (Adjacent to a Noun)
The word “more” refers to the main components of the noun.
The majority of adjectives can be employed in both situations. For example,
My car is brand new. (Adjacent an adjective)
My automobile is brand new. Following a connecting verb
But, certain adjectives are permitted only to be used when used with the connected verb. For example:
These blooms are wonderful. You can connect the two verbs with a linking verb
The word “beautiful” cannot be preceded or referred to as “beautiful”.
xxHere are a few examples:
I own a red automobile.
The soup is warm.
Baby is asleep soundly
We need water.
You seem worn out.
The worksheet Adjectives is a valuable educational source
Adjectives, that are crucial elements of communication, are essential. They are used to define people, groups, places as well as objects and concepts. Adjectives are used to create interest and help the reader with creating a mental picture.
There are many kinds of adjectives, and they can be utilized in numerous contexts. You can use adjectives to describe an individual or thing’s personality, as well as other physical characteristics. They can also be used as descriptions of flavors, sounds, smells and smells of anything.
A phrase can be changed to make it more positive or negative through the use of adjectives. Adjectives can also be used in a sentence to give more details. A word can be added to an existing statement to create interest or diversity.
There are several ways to use adjectives and there are many kinds of worksheets on adjectives that can help you learn more about the subject. A worksheet on adjectives can aid in understanding the various types and their uses. By using adjective worksheets it is possible to practice using the adjectives in various ways.
A word search is one type of worksheet on adjectives. Word search is utilized to identify all adjectives in a phrase. When you conduct a keyword search and learning more about all the components of speech that make up a phrase.
A worksheet in which the blanks have been filled in is another type of adjective worksheet. A fill-in-the blank worksheet will help you to learn about the various adjectives that can be used to describe things or people. Use a fill in the blank worksheet to practice using various adjectives.
The third type is the worksheet with multiple choices. A multiple-choice worksheet will aid in understanding the various kinds of adjectives that can describe someone or something. Multiple-choice worksheets let you learn to use adjectives in the description of various things.
The Adverb Worksheets are a fantastic resource for learning about adjectives and their application.
The Uses of Adjectives the Writing of Children
Encourage your child use adjectives in his or her writing. It is one of best ways to improve it. Adjectives are words that describe or alter a pronoun or noun, or provide additional information. They are useful when writing, and can aid in giving the reader a a clearer picture.
This advice will aid in encouraging your child to incorporate adjectives into their writing:
1. It is possible to give an example with adjectives
Talk with your child and read aloud to him lots of adjectives. Identify the adjectives that you use and explain the meaning behind them. This will assist your child learn more about these words and the best ways to use them.
2. Inspire your child to utilize their senses.
Encourage your child’s ability to write about the subject they’re writing about by making use of their senses. What is the appearance? What sensations does it give you? What scent does it emit? Students will be able to develop more creative and engaging writing techniques for their topic.
3. Utilize worksheets on adjectives.
Online worksheets on adjectives are available in a variety of reference books as well as online. They can give your child a chance to practice using adjectives. They also can help your child learn an array of adjective concepts.
4. Encourage your child’s imagination.
Encourage your child’s creativity and imagination when writing. The more imaginative they are, the more adjectives they will likely use to describe their writing.
5. Thank your child for their efforts.
If your child makes use of adjectives in their writing, make sure you acknowledge them. This will inspire them to use adjectives, and improve the overall quality of their writing.
The Advantages of Adjectives in Speech
Did you know that using adjectives can bring benefits? We all know that adjectives are words used to modify or qualify pronouns and nouns. These are five reasons why you should include more adjectives in your speech.
1. Your speech could be enhanced by adding adjectives.
To increase the energy of your speech You can add more adjectives. Even the dullest subjects can be made interesting by using adjectives. They can also make complicated subjects easier to understand. For instance “The car is sleek red sports car” instead of “The car is red.”
2. You may be more precise using adjectives.
Adjectives allow you to communicate your topic more effectively in conversation. This can be used in casual conversations as well as formal settings. If someone asks you to describe the ideal person you would want to be with you could reply by saying “My perfect partner would be nice, amusing and smart.”
3. Adjectives can increase the listener’s level of interest.
If you want your audience to become more attentive to your words begin using adjectives. The use of adjectives can trigger mental images that can stimulate the brains of your audience and enhance their enjoyment of your message.
4. You can make your voice more convincing using adjectives.
Make use of adjectives to appear more convincing. The following statement could be used to persuade people not to purchase your product: “This is essential for anyone who wishes to be successful and be happy.”
5. It makes you sound more confident by using adjectives.
The use of adjectives is a fantastic way to appear more assured in your speech.
Ways to Teach Children Adjectives
Words that characterize, alter the meaning of other words are referred to as adjectives. These words are crucial and must be taught by children at an early age. Here are six ways to help kids learn adjectives.
1. Start by learning the basic.
Educate your youngster about the various adjectives, including description adjectives (such as large and small) and quantity adjectives (such as numerous and many and) as well as opinion adjectives (e.g. good and bad). Ask your youngster for their responses as you present an example of each.
2. Use common products.
The best way to teach adjectives is by using common objects. You may ask your youngster to describe an item with as many adjectives as they can, as an example. Your child might be able to describe the object to you in person, and then ask them to name the object.
3. Play games that use adjectives.
Through a variety fun activities, you can help teach adjectives. One of the most popular games is “I Spy,” where one player chooses an object and then describes the object using adjectives, while the other player is required to identify the thing. Charades is a game you can play with your kids to teach them about gestures, body language, and body language is excellent.
4. Read stories and poetry.
Books are a great teaching tool for adjectives. You can read aloud to your children while you point out the adjectives you find in poems and stories. Additionally, you can ask your child to search for adjectives within independent reading materials.
5. Inspire imagination.
Make use of adjectives to stimulate imagination in children. Encourage them to describe a picture with as many adjectives they can or make up a story using only adjectives. They will be more entertained and will learn more if they are more imaginative.
6. Always, always do your best.
As with all things, practice makes perfect. Your child will learn to use adjectives more often. Encourage your child to incorporate adjectives into writing and in speech as often as is possible.
Utilizing Adjectives to Encourage Reading
To be able to learn to read, encouraging your child is essential. The capacity of your child’s to read will increase if they are supported. What can you do to encourage your child to start reading and to pick up an ebook?
A wonderful strategy is to use adjectives. Employing adjectives to describe books could encourage your child to read them. Adjectives are words used to describe something.
In particular the description of a book as “fascinating”, “enchanting,” or even “riveting” can increase your child’s desire to read it. It is possible to describe characters from a book with words like “brave,”” “inquisitive,”,” or “determined.”
If you’re not sure which adjectives to use, ask your child to tell you what they think of the book. What terminology would they use? This is a wonderful way to inspire youngsters to read books in new and interesting ways.
Use adjectives to encourage your child to love reading!
Gallery of Adjectives Worksheets For Class 2
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $6.49
Grammar worksheets: Find the adjectives and nouns
Adjectives are words that describe nouns. In these grammar worksheets, students identify the adjectives from a list of words. In the third worksheet, students also identify the nouns.
Adjectives & nouns:
More adjectives worksheets
Find all of our adjectives worksheets , from choosing adjectives for pictures to writing adjectives, comparative adjectives and alliterations with adjectives.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
CHAMPA LUCY MONDAL
It an interactive platform for kids.
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF