- Number charts
- Skip Counting
- Place Value
- Number Lines
- Word Problems
- Comparing Numbers
- Ordering Numbers
- Odd and Even
- Prime and Composite
- Roman Numerals
- Ordinal Numbers
- In and Out Boxes
- Number System Conversions
- More Number Sense Worksheets
- Size Comparison
- Measuring Length
- Metric Unit Conversion
- Customary Unit Conversion
- More Measurement Worksheets
- Writing Checks
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Tally Marks
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- Mean Absolute Deviation
- Stem-and-leaf Plot
- Box-and-whisker Plot
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn Diagram
- More Statistics Worksheets
- Shapes - 2D
- Shapes - 3D
- Lines, Rays and Line Segments
- Points, Lines and Planes
- Ordered Pairs
- Midpoint Formula
- Distance Formula
- Parallel, Perpendicular and Intersecting Lines
- Scale Factor
- Surface Area
- Pythagorean Theorem
- More Geometry Worksheets
- Converting between Fractions and Decimals
- Significant Figures
- Convert between Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Direct and Inverse Variation
- Order of Operations
- Squaring Numbers
- Square Roots
- Scientific Notations
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Absolute Value
- More Pre-Algebra Worksheets
- Translating Algebraic Phrases
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Identities
- Quadratic Equations
- Systems of Equations
- Sequence and Series
- Complex Numbers
- More Algebra Worksheets
- Math Workbooks
- English Language Arts
- Summer Review Packets
- Social Studies
- Holidays and Events
- Worksheets >
- Number Sense >
- Division >
Division Word Problem Worksheets
This page contains extensive division word problems replete with engaging scenarios that involve two-digit and three-digit dividends and single digit divisors; three-digit dividends and two-digit divisors; and advanced division worksheets (four-digit and five-digit dividends). Thumb through some of these worksheets for free!
Division Word Problems for Beginners
These printable worksheets feature simple division word problems. The divisors are in the range 2 to 9. The quotients are in the range 2 to 10. These worksheets are building blocks for children.
Division: Two-digit by Single-digit (without Remainder)
This set of word problems involves dividing a two-digit number by a single-digit number to arrive at a quotient. The division leaves no remainder. Answer key is included in each worksheet.
Division: Two-digit by Single-digit (with Remainder)
These word problems require the learner to divide the two-digit dividend by the single-digit divisor and write down both the quotient and the remainder. Three pdf worksheets with 15 scenarios are featured here.
Theme based Word Problems
Each worksheet has five word problems related to the given theme. Supermarket, School and Halloween party are the themes used here.
Three-digit by Single-digit Word Problems
These printable worksheets involve division word problems with three-digit dividends and single digit divisors. Apply long division method to solve each problem.
Three-digit by Two-digit Word Problems
This set of word problems will require the student to perform division operations involving three-digit numbers and two-digit numbers. Verify your answer with the answer key provided in the worksheet.
Division: Four or Five-digit by Single-digit
Interesting scenarios are presented in these advanced worksheet pdfs that involve four-digit and five-digit dividends and single digit divisors. Use long division method to find the quotient.
» Addition Word Problems
» Subtraction Word Problems
» Multiplication Word Problems
» Word Problems
Become a Member
Copyright © 2023 - Math Worksheets 4 Kids
Members have exclusive facilities to download an individual worksheet, or an entire level.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $2.50
2nd Grade Math Word Problems Worksheets
Math word problem worksheets for grade 2.
These word problem worksheets place 2nd grade math concepts in contexts that grade 2 students can relate to. We provide math word problems for addition, subtraction, multiplication, time, money and fractions.
We encourage students to read and think about the problems carefully, and not just recognize an answer pattern. We facilitate this by:
- providing a number of mixed word problem worksheets (e.g. subtraction questions mixed in with addition questions)
- sometimes including irrelevant data within word problems so students must understand the context before applying a solution
Addition word problems for grade 2
Simple addition (1-2 digits)
Slightly harder addition (1-3 digits)
Subtraction word problems for grade 2
Simple subtraction (1 and 2 digit numbers)
Subtracting 1-3 digit numbers
Mixed addition and subtraction word problems
Mixed addition and subtraction within 20
Mixed addition and subtraction (two digits)
More mixed addition and subtraction word problems
Multiplication word problems
Multiplication within 25
Measurement word problems
Length word problems
Time word problems
Time and elapsed time (1/2 hour intervals)
Time and elapsed time (5 minute intervals)
Money word problems
Counting money (coins and bills)
Fraction word problems
Write and compare fractions from a story
Mixed word problems
Mix of all above types of grade 2 word problems
Mix of just addition / subtraction / multiplication word problems
Sample Grade 2 Word Problem Worksheet
More word problem worksheets
Explore all of our math word problem worksheets , from kindergarten through grade 5.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
Worksheet on Word Problems on Division
In worksheet on word problems on division, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems involving division. This exercise sheet on word problems on division can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve division problems.
1. 6 children share 12 chocolates. How many does each child get?
2. Ron distributes 12 bananas equally among 4 monkeys. How many bananas does each monkey get?
3. There are 18 apples. Jon arranges them in 3 plates. How many apples are there in each plate?
4. Tom puts. 30 eggs equally in 6 boxes. How many eggs are there in each box?
5. Jenny has 30 stickers. She wants to distribute these equally among 10 children. How many stickers does each child get?
6. There are 1025 students in a school containing 25 sections. If in each section there are equal number of students, find their number in each section.
7. The cost of 15 cycles is $24,405. Find the cost of each cycle.
8. The cost of 35 ceiling fans is $43,050. How much does each fan cost?
9. A school has collected $14,000 from 56 students for the Prime Minister's relief fund. How much has each student paid?
10. 25 students of class X collected $2750 for an orphanage. If each student contributed an equal amount for the cause, how much amount of money was contributed by each student?
11. A train runs 5,580 km in 36 hours. Find the speed of the train in km/hour.
12. A truck was carrying 340 chairs, staked in sets of 5 chairs each. How many stacks of chairs were there on the truck?
13. The product of two numbers is 4131. If one of them is 27, find the other.
14. 840 students were to be seated in 20 rows of an auditorium. If equal number of students sat in each row, how many students were there in each row?
15. If the quotient is 57, the divisor is 45 and the remainder is 29, find the dividend.
16. Tania has a collection of 550 marbles. She wants to put them in Jars. She can put 22 marbles in one jar. How many jars does she need to put all the marbles?
17. The annual income of Sam is $98,364. What is his monthly income if he earns an equal amount every month?
18. A number was divided by 97; the quotient was 286 and the remainder 14. Find the number.
19. On one shelf of the library 21 books can be kept, how many shelves are needed to put 2730 books?
20. When 65 is multiplied by a number, the product is 5590. Find the number.
21. Shelly cut 3825 metres of cloth into 15 equal pieces. What is the length of each piece?
22. 40,000 fruits were distributed among 1,000 children equally. How many fruits did each child get?
23. Kara bought 32 tickets for a movie for $ 7200. What is the cost of each ticket?
24. 44,619 sweets were distributed among 1,000 students of a school. How many sweets will each student get if every student gets an equal number of sweets? How many sweets will be left?
25. The price of 50 bags of wheat is $42,500. Find the price of each bag of wheat.
26. 2250 mobile sets are to be packed equally in 50 cartons. How many mobiles will be kept in each carton?
27. The price of 21 sets of television is $95,865. How much does each T.V. set cost?
28. 168 trees are planted equally in 12 rows. How many trees are there in each row? How many are left to be planted?
29. Divide the sum of 7,000 and 2,839 by 23.
30. A car company manufactured 1674 cars in 31 days of January. If the company manufactured equal number of cars each day, then how many cars were made each day?
24. 44; 619
28. Q = 14, R = 0
29. Q = 427; R = 18
If students have any queries regarding the questions given in the worksheet on word problems on division please fill-up the comment box below so that we can help you.
However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Four Fundamental Operations - worksheets
Worksheet on Addition.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition.
Worksheet on Subtraction.
Worksheet on Mixed Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition an d S ubtraction.
Worksheet by Adding or Subtracting.
Worksheet on Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Estimating Sums and Differences.
Worksheet on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 2-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 3-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Estimating Products.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Division.
Worksheet on Division Facts.
Worksheet on Estimating the Quotient.
Worksheet on Dividing Numbers.
Worksheet on Division by Two-Digit Numbers.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Division.
Worksheet on Four Fundamental Operations.
Worksheet on Systems of Numeration.
4th Grade Math Activities
4th Grade Math Worksheets From Worksheet on Word Problems on Division to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math . Use this Google Search to find what you need.
- Preschool Activities
- Kindergarten Math
- 1st Grade Math
- 2nd Grade Math
- 3rd Grade Math
- 4th Grade Math
- 5th Grade Math
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade Math
- 9th Grade Math
- 10th Grade Math
- 11 & 12 Grade Math
- Concepts of Sets
- Boolean Algebra
- Math Coloring Pages
- Multiplication Table
- Cool Maths Games
- Math Flash Cards
- Online Math Quiz
- Math Puzzles
- Binary System
- Math Dictionary
- Conversion Chart
- Homework Sheets
- Math Problem Ans
- Free Math Answers
- Printable Math Sheet
- Funny Math Answers
- Employment Test
- Math Patterns
- Link Partners
© and ™ math-only-math.com. All Rights Reserved. 2010 - 2023.
division word problems worksheets
Resource types, all resource types, division word problems worksheets.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
4th Grade Division With Interpreting Remainders: Worksheets & Word Problems
- Google Apps™
Multiply and Divide Whole Numbers Word Problems Worksheets
4th Grade Multi-Step Word Problems Worksheets : Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide ..
Multiplication and Division Word Problems Worksheets , One Step Story Problems
Division and Multiplication Word Problems Worksheets
Divide Fractions Word Problems Worksheets
Multiplication & Division Unit Grade 2 (Ontario) Worksheets , Word Problems , Test
Long Division Task Cards Practice Worksheets Division Word Problems Game
Divide Whole Numbers by Unit Fractions Word Problems (2 worksheets ) 5.NF.7
Dividing Decimals Word Problems 5.NBT.7 (3 worksheets )
Long Division Word Problems Worksheet Collection (With Grids / Graph Paper)
5th Grade Multiplying and Dividing Fractions Worksheets Activities Word Problems
5th Grade Long Division Worksheets Games Word Problems Activities - Guided Math
Divide Unit Fractions by Whole Numbers Word Problems (2 worksheets ) 5.NF.7
MULTIPLY & DIVIDE FRACTIONS Homework Practice Worksheets Skills & Word Problems
3rd Grade Division Word Problems - 3rd Grade Division Worksheets
- Easel Activity
Multiplication Division Word Problems Worksheets Bundle Grade 3-4
Multiplying and Dividing Decimals Worksheets ( Word Problems ) 5.NBT.7
3rd Grade NUMBER OF THE DAY Worksheets Multiplication Division Word Problems
Word Problems for Multiplying & Dividing Fractions Worksheet
Multiply and Divide Integers Word Problems Digital Self Checking Worksheet Print
- Google Drive™ folder
- Internet Activities
Multiplication and Division Word Problems Worksheet
Division Interpreting Remainders Word Problems Practice Worksheets 4th Grade
Division English and Spanish Word Problems and Fact Fluency Worksheets
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service