- Qnap Pre-Sales Support & NAS Device Advice
- Pre-Sale Support For Resellers
- Qnap Home/Soho NAS Features
- Qnap Business NAS Features
- Qnap Expansion Units: Expand Your NAS Up To 760 TB!
- QNAP Turbo NAS with SSD Cache
- How to use QNAP Flexible RAID Volume Management
- Qnap Thunderbolt NAS: Introducing DAS/NAS/iSCSI SAN Triple Solution for 4K Workflows
- Qnap Data Protection Features
- Does Qnap Gives Free Backup Software?
- Qnap HDD Compatibility List (Very Important!)
- What is Your HDD Brand/Model You Advice? (Not An Offical, Just Personal Advice)
- Qnap Compatibility Table
- QNAP Projects
- About Qnap Warranty And How To Check RMA Status
- Extended Warranty: How To Extend Your Qnap Warranty 3 More Years?
- What is IP?
- Quick Setup for QNAP ZFS Supported ES (Enterprise Storage) Series NAS
- How To Add Or Remove Spare Disk From RAID
- How To Create Multi Volume/Second RAID And Upload Folders To This Second RAID/Volume
- My RAID Should Be 76 TB, But It Seems 64 TB, What Maybe Wrong?
- How To Use QNAP Qtier For Auto Tiering And Optimizing Your Storage Performance
- How to Expand RAID Capacity (Online RAID Capacity Expansion)
- How to Upgrade the Memory(RAM) of NAS
- Is it Worth to Upgrade RAM on Qnap?
- Qnap Connection for Machintosh
- How to Connect Qnap via Linux
- Qnap Firmware Downgrade
- Qnap Firmware Release Notes
- Where Can I Download Qnap 4.1 Firmware?
- Load Balance Setup: Which Is The Best Port Trunking Option?
- What Is The Port Number Used By QNAP NAS? And Where Can I Change 443, 8080 Ports?
- How To Set Port Trunking On Your Qnap Nas To İncrease The Bandwidth Via 802.3ad Protocol.
- Cannot Access NAS With \\NasName But Can Access Via \\IPAdress. Why?
- Virtual Switch Blank Page Problem, How To Reinstall Network Config & “You don’t have permission to access /apps/netmgr/ on this server” Problem
- How to Use Windows ACL to Manage User Permissions on the QNAP NAS
- Advanced How To Create Users and User Groups Document
- Advanced Creating Share Folder & Permissions Document
- Subfolder Permissions
- User Permissions & Share Folder Problems
- Advance Folder Permissions
- What is Microsoft Networking Host Access Control
- What is Folder Aggregation & How to Use?
- ISO Share Folder
- Connect the NAS to an LDAP Directory
- Active Directory Entegration Problems & How To Solve
- What is Radius Server & How to Use
- How To Create ISCSI Target & Manage
- Qnap CHAP “Authentication failure” Error When Adding An iSCSI Target With CHAP
- ISCSI Connetion for Machintosh
- Connect to the iSCSI targets by Open-iSCSI Initiator on Ubuntu Linux
- Qnap Lun Backup & Incremental Lun Backup
- How to Configure iSCSI Advanced ACL on QNAP Turbo NAS
- How To Backup ISCSI
- ISCSI Connection Security
- Can I Expand My ISCSI Lun Capacity in Future?
- Optimize iSCSI performance
- FAQ About ISCSI
- How to use virtual disk on your QNAP NAS
- Qnap-VMware Compatibility Guide
- Using QNAP NAS VLAN with Virtualization Deployment
- Qnap Virtualization Station Feature: Run Virtual Windows / Centos On Your NAS!
- Container Station Problems & How To Fix
- FAQ & Answers About FTP
- How to Fix Corrupted Filename For FTP
- TFTP Server
- Remote Replication: Protect Files From Data Loss By Remote Replication
- Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR): Protect QNAP NAS Data with RTRR
- Real-Time Remote Replication 2-Way Sync: Synchronize Shared Folders Between 2 Nas Units
- How to Backup Your Folders to Another Folder On The Same Device
- How To Sync Windows Folders to Qnap With Qsync
- Qnap SMB / Cifs Backup Fails To Connect, Even Test Connection Seems Ok?
- External Drive Backup
- Time Machine Setup
- Qnap Snapshot Feature For Cryptolocker Ransomware Attack & Accidently Deleted Files!
- Qnap Versioning Feature; Free Your Business From The Risk Of Losing Data With Backup Versioning
- Netbak Replicator
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Guide
- Cobian Backup : Perfect Free Backup Software
- Windows Server 2012 Windows Sever Backup
- How To Backup Data From Qnap To Buffalo NAS
- Backup From Synology to Qnap Fails And Synology Banned Qnap IP Adress? How To Solve Probelm
- Back up NAS Data to Symform Storage Cloud™
- Continuous Data Protection on QNAP NAS with ElephantDrive
- How to Use Amazon S3 with QNAP Turbo NAS
- Qnap Qsync Problems & How To Fix
- Back Up Files From Your Dropbox Account To Your QNAP
- How To Back up the Turbo NAS data to Google Drive
- Back up the Turbo NAS data to Google Drive
- What’s the difference MyQNAPCloud vs CloudLink?
- Set up DDNS Service for Remote Internet Access to QNAP NAS
- File Station: Access, Manage & Share Files On the Web Interface
- Use TappIn to access the QNAP NAS data from anywhere
- How to Display Movie / MP3 Files on your iPhone & Android Device
- Plex Media Server NAS Compatibility
- How To Connect Qnap to Dune HD Streamer
- PhotoStation: Publish Your Photo Collection
- TV Station: Never miss your favorite TV show again!
- Video Station: Build a Personal Video Website
- DJ Station: Channel your music talent on the air
- Music Station: Organize music with music library
- iTunes Server
- How to Use Qnap with Your TV and PS3
- UPnP Media Server Adance Setup & Configration
- Download Station: Torrent / Rapidshare withput PC
- Qnap Unable To Play MKV Files Anymore After Firmware Update And Gives “The Video Does Not Support Online Playback or Does Not Exist” Error?
- KODI / XBMC is Removed From Qnap, But How to Install Kodi to Linux Station
- The XBMC Add On: Live TV, Movie Channels and PVR/DVR Setup Guide
- QGenie: Qnap NAS Device İn Your Pocket
- IP Blocking Based Security
- How to Clean Virus on Qnap?
- Set up SMS, Email, and IM Alert on QNAP NAS (Advance Document)
- What is VPN Service & How to Use
- Import SSL Secure Certificate
- Encrypted File System Setup
- Signage Station: Ideal Tool For Creative Presentation
- Qnap Proxy Server
- Set up a CRM system on the QNAP NAS for your business
- Asterisk – Turn your QNAP into PSTN/VoIP Gateway
- XDove: Qnap Mail Server Setup
- QSims: OpenSim Metavers on QNAP – Start your 3D WebSim Now!
- Virtual Hosting on Qnap
- How To Create Joomla Website
- WordPress Troubleshooting
- How To Create Java-Based Website & Publish
- Host a Forum with phpBB on QNAP NAS
- phpMyAdmin Username & Password Doesnt Work!
- System Logs
- Resource Monitor
- UPS Support
- How to set up a network printer via QNAP NAS
- Webcam Surveillance
- Meaning of Led Lights and Alarm Sounds
- quick.cgi Download On Login Screen Problem & How to Solve?
- I Forgot My Admin Username and Password
- How to Start / Stop Services on Qnap
- Qnap Windows Access Smb 1.0 Share Problem After Windows Wannacry Update Patch
- How To Remove Second Volume And Expand First Volume Capacity
- How To Understant Which HDD Is Broken And Cause Problem In Command Lines?
- How To Be Sure If Its Qnap Hardware or HDD Issue?
- Read I/O error, sense_key=0×0, asc=0×0, ascq=0×0, CDB=28 00 57 09 ed 18 00 00 10 00 Errors & How To Fix
- The file system is not clean. It is suggested that you run “check disk”.
- What is Stress Test & How To Test HDD Speed On Qnap
- Qnap HDD Smart (S.M.A.R.T) Test
- Qnap Device Slows Down Internet Connection Problem & How To Solve
- Can’t Change The Access Rights New Made Shares
- “You Might Not Have Permission to use this network resource” Error;
- What is Reset Button Function?
- Qnap Recycle Bin Doesn Work & Recycle Does Not Contain Deleted Files Problem How To Fix
- Qnap Create Temp Files (*.tmp), How Can I Solve This Problem?
- Qnap Gmail Problem; Why Can I Not Send Notification Emails After Setting A Gmail Account As An Smtp Server?
- Time Machine Can’t Access the Backup Disk “TMbackup” Problem & How To Solve
- Qnap Machintosh AFP Problems And Files From My Qnap File Server Magically Disappear When Viewing Them İn The Finder
- Qnap Veeam Backup Problems & How To Solve
- Symantec Backup Exec Qnap Problems & How To Solve
- Windows 7 / Windows 10 Backup Cannot Save To A Network Location On NAS, How To Solve!
- Qnap Download Station Stops Working Suddeny And Gives This Error; Download Station Is Currently Offline
- PhotoStation Errors and How To Reinstall Database; Thumbnail Generation Failed A Few Photos, No Folder View And Albums Empty After Firmware, Photo Station Albums Gone, Photostation Not Showing All Files
- Error Page Not Found Or The Web Server Is Currently Unavabile. Please Contact The Website Admin For Help
- Warning: Re-Launch Process Error
- Qnap Reboot Itself Randomly Even There is No Problem on RAID, What Should I Do?
- MySQL Problems, Cannot Access SQL Server After Update Firmware & How to Solve
- Snapshot Problems & How To Solve
- Issue of Cloud Drive Sync Problems & How To Solve
- Backup Station Incomming List – Incorrect Job Status: How To Fix Hanging RTRR Job Status Problem
- How To Disable Creation of ._.DS_Store Files On Samba Shares on Qnap
- Qnapcloud UPnP Router Problem; I Can Access NAS Via Cloudlink, But name.myqnapcloud.com Doestn Work?
- How To Purchase And Use myQNAPcloud SSL Certificates & How To Use SSL Certificates
- I Want To Complete Reset / Re-Install Qnap
- Enable Trusted Domains Doesnt Work? How To Reinstall To Fix Smb!
- The Program Cannot Open The Required Dialog Box Because İt Cannot Determine Whether The Computer Named … İs Joined To A Domain Problem
- 501 and 502 Named Users Problem and How To Solve
- Threshold Warning; How To Disable Threshold Warning From Volume Managment;
- How To Stop Every Day At 02.00 Am “[Volume Volume1, Pool 1] Start To Reclaim Volume” Process
- Qnap Mac Adress Lost and Turn To 00-00-00-00-05-09
- Why My Ts-X31 Series Nas Can’t I İnstall License After The Firmware Update Or Reboot? (Error code: qlicense-Error code=1111)
- The System Is Unable To Save Your Settings Due To İnsufficient Ramdisk Space
- Filename Characters Are Corrupted
- How To Recover Corrupted .conf File On Qnap
- Qnap BIOS Update To Solve HDD(s) Spin Down
- How To Recover Unreachible NAS with “Restore Factory Settings” Feature
- Qnap Exel / Word Files “Access Denied. Contact Your Administrator” Problem & How To Solve
- Qnapfinder Cannot Find My NAS
- Qnap Becomes Unreachable When I Plug Qnap to My Network
- HDD capacity seems Full And I cannot Reach My Datas & How To Delete Folders From Qnap
- My Share Folders Disappear!
- After HDD Plugged in to Qnap, Qnap Shutdown Suddenly
- Want To Check my RAID But md_checker Command Doesnt Work! How Can I Install md_cheker Manually?
- Stuck At “Hardware Test” At LCD Panel
- Stuck At Booting / Loading Drive Error
- The Second Boot Area On The Flash Is Corrupted Error
- Old Generation (Ts-x09) Qnaps Firmware Recovery
- Firmware Reflash for ARM Based (Ts- x10/x12/x19 Series)
- Firmware Reflash for x86 Based (Ts- 509 / 809 / x39/ x59) Models
- Firmware Reflash For Ts- x79 Series
- RAID System Errors (Advanced Document)
- “In Active” RAID 2.th Scenario
- How To Fix Unmounted RAID Scenario 1
- How to Fix if All HDDs Seems as “Single Disk” Scenario 1
- If Loose More HDD than RAID Tolarete, Scenario 1
- How To Repair RAID Brokenness
- How To Repair RAID Brokeness II
- How To Fix / Mount RAID After 4.1.0 Firmware
- How To Fix Not Active RAID After 4.1.0 Firmware
- RAID Seems Unmounted and Mounting Volume Failed; How To Start e2fsck Command And Mount Volume
- Examination Failed(Cannot unmount disk) Error
- How to Recover System if You Dont Know HDD RAID Order?
- How To Unmap Lun, Move Lun To Another Target or Delete Lun on Qnap
- Qnap Lun Free Size Is Not Same on Windows ISCSI Disk? How To Fix Qnap Lun Dead Space
- Qnap ISCSI “Interrupted Actions: An Unexpected Error Is Keeping You From Copying The File” Problem;
- Windows Server 2012/2008 iSCSI Lun File Problems: How To Start chkdsk Command
- iSCSI Targets Get Lost Suddenly, How Can I Restore Them?
- My ISCSI Luns Disappeared!
- My ISCSI Luns are not exist under .@iscsi folder?
- ISCSI Lun Becomes as RAW / Unallocated File system
- ISCSI Lun Recovery
- How To Recover Corrupted Configration / iSCSI Configration / RAID Configration On QTS 4.1 Firmware
- How to Recover Accidently Deleted Data on ISCSI
- My Qnap is Dead! How to Recover Data?
- How To Recover Data From Raid 1 / Single Disk
- Data Recovery with Photorec
- Recover Data with R-STUDIO
- Qnap RAID Data Recovery with ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery
- NVR Camera & HDD Compatibility List
- How To Choose NVR/NAS & Qnap NVR/NAS IP Camera Bandwith / Storage Calculator
- Qnap NAS Surveillance Station Pro Setup At 3.8.4 Firmware
- How Add Additional Recording Channels Lisence On NAS & NVR?
- How To Expand NVR Capacity With NAS Device By Using Storage Expansion
- Qnap CMS (Central Managment Lite): Manage Up To 16 NVR & 256 Camera Easily
- Use Your Webcam or SmartPhone As IP Camera
- Qnap Awards & Reviews
Qnap Netork / IP Settings
I – How Can I change Qnap Ip Adress?
II – Can I combine 2 lan ports for faster data transfer? (Port Trunking, Load Balance & Failover Configuration)
III – Can I Use my Qnap over Wireless Network? (How to Use Wi-Fi Dongle With Qnap)
IV – Can I connect my Qnap NAS from Internet? (DDNS Settings)
V – Which Ports Does Qnap Use?
VI – What is Port Forwarding?
VII – How can I configure Port Forwarding on my Modem?
VIII – How to Change Ip Adress via Command Line? (For Advanced Users!)
IX – How to To Give IP Adress From DHCP via Command Line (For Advanced Users!)
Login Qnap and go to -> System Administration ->Network -> TCP /IP. Press Pencil Icon at the end of “Ethernet 1″ or “Ethernet 2″ to change Qnap IP.
Also, at this picture my network speed seems 100 mbit. If you’r using a Gbit swith, change your Network speed from Auto Negotation to 1000 mbit.
Second way to change is Qnapfinder, but I dont advice this way, because it cost too much time to configure.
What is DHCP server and advice Qnap DHCP server confgiration?
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol ( DHCP ) is a network protocol that is used to configure network devices so that they can communicate on an IP network
It gives Qnap IP adress automaticly, but some wrong configured DHCP servers has a chance to give different IP in time, or may cause IP crash on Newtor, so dont use this option. Always give Qnap IP adress manually.
I give Ip adress manually at first Installation setup but Qnap doesnt change this adress and give 169.254.100.100 Ip adress.
At first time setup, Qnap configure first ethernet port Ip configration. Plese check if you plug 1.th or 2.th Lan port. If you swith back to 1.th port, you can reach Qnap which Ip adress you configure.
Can I configure different IP adress to Qnap devices;
Sure, I use my Qnap that way. I plug my first ethernet port to external switch, give a real Ip adress (77.79.124.x) and can use it witout port forwarding. Also plug my second ethernt port to another switch, and give an internal IP adress (192.168.2.91) to my second ethernet port from our internal IP range, and I can use my Qnap without problem.
Can I use Qnap ethernet ports just like Switch to combine my 2 networks?
No, its not possable.
II – Port Trunking : Can I Combine 2 lan ports for faster data transfer?
The NAS sup port s port trunking which combines two Ethernet interfaces into one to increase the bandwidth and offers load balancing and fault tolerance (also known as failover). Load balancing is a feature which distributes the workload evenly across two Ethernet interfaces for higher redundancy. Failover is the capability to switch over to a standby network interface (also known as the slave interface) when the primary network interface (also known as the master interface) does not correspond correctly to maintain high availability.
To use port trunking on the NAS, make sure at least two LAN port s of the NAS have been connected to the same switch and the settings described in sections (i) and (ii) have been configured.
Follow the steps below to configure port trunking on the NAS:
The port trunking options available on the NAS:
III – Can I Use My Qnap Over Wireless Network?
To connect the NAS to a Wi-Fi network, plug in a wireless dongle into a USB port of the NAS. The NAS will detect a list of wireless access points. You can connect the NAS to the Wi-Fi network in two ways.
Method 1: Connecting to an existing Wi-Fi network:
A list of Wi-Fi access points with signal strength are displayed on the “Wi-Fi Network Connection” panel.
Click “Rescan” to search for available Wi-Fi networks in range. Select a Wi-Fi network to connect to and click the “Connect” button. Enter the security key if it is a security-key enabled network. Click “Next” and the NAS will attempt to connect to the wireless network. You can view the status of the configured network profiles.
Method 2: Manually connecting to a Wi-Fi network:
To manually connect to a Wi-Fi network that does not broadcast its SSID (network name), click “Connect to a Wi-Fi network”.
You can choose to connect to an ad hoc network in which you can connect to any wireless devices without the need for an access point. To set up, follow the steps below:
If the Wi-Fi connection is the only connection between the NAS and the router/AP, you must select “WLAN1″ as the default gateway in “Network” > “TCP/IP” page. Otherwise, the NAS will not be able to connect to the Internet or communicate with another network.
IV – Can I Use my Qnap NAS Over Internet?
“Stay connected to your NAS from everywhere”
Dynamic Domain Name Service (DDNS) is a service used to map a domain name to the dynamic IP address of a network device. QNAP NAS supports DDNS for quick access to the server on the Internet by an easy-to-remember domain name (URL) instead of a lengthy IP address. Once the IP is changed, the NAS will automatically update the information to the DDNS provide to ensure it is always available for remote access.
1. Register DDNS service
1.1 Domain Name
A domain name is a translation operated by a DNS (Domain Name System) provider to convert an Internet IP address into a name (e.g. ‘18.104.22.168’ is www.google.com ).
1.2 Register a free DDNS account
If your NAS is set up to use a dynamic IP address, you may register a free DDNS (dynamic DNS) account from a DNS service provider and assign a unique host name for easy access to your NAS on the Internet.
To register a DDNS account, please refer to the steps below: Choose a DNS service provider. QNAP NAS currently supports the following DDNS service providers:
Create an account. Here we take http://www.dyndns.org/ as an example.
Visit http://www.dyndns.org/ . Click ‘Sign In’ and ‘Create an Account’ to register a DynDNS account.
Complete the form to create your free account.
A confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
Click the link in the email for confirmation.
Click ‘Confirm Account’ and login DynDNS.
Register a host name for your NAS. A host name is a unique name that identifies your server. Pick something you will remember. For example, fill in ‘QNAP’ and select ‘dyndns-office.com’. Then click ‘Add’.
Activate the host name.
Now you can login the NAS and set up the DDNS service.
1.3 Configure DDNS service on QNAP NAS
Login your NAS and go to ‘System Administration’ > ‘Network’ > ‘DDNS’. Enter the DDNS information you registered from the DNS service provider. You may also schedule the NAS to update the DDNS record periodically by configuring the ‘Check the External IP Address Automatically’ option.
After finishing the settings, the NAS will start to update the WAN IP to the DDNS provider for domain name mapping. You can now connect to the NAS by the domain name (qnap.dyndns-office.com) on the Internet.
1.4 Lookup for your DNS if you need to verify:
To check that the domain name of the NAS is correctly mapped to its WAN IP, you may visit http://www.mxtoolbox.com/DNSLookup.aspx . Enter your domain name for DNS lookup and it will return your IP address.
2. Port Forwarding
If your NAS is located behind the NAT router, you need to open the port numbers on the router for remote access to the NAS. This function is available on most routers in the market and is often known as “Port Forwarding”, “NAT Server”, or “Virtual Server”. You may select the services with the corresponding port numbers to be opened on the router for Internet access. For example, to access the administration interface of Turbo NAS series, you need to open port 8080.
VI – Which Ports Does Qnap Use?
VI – What is Port Forwarding; (from : http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-port-forwarding.htm )
Port forwarding is the process that your router or firewall uses to sort the right kind of network data to the right port. Computers and routers use ports as a way to organize network data. Different types of data, such as web sites, file downloads, and online games, are each assigned a port number. By using port forwarding, the router or firewall sends the correct data to the correct place.
Taken From : http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-Port-Forwarding-on-a-Router
- For Windows: Open the command prompt and enter ipconfig/all .
- For Mac: Open the command prompt and enter netstat -nr .
- For Linux: Open the command prompt and enter ifconfig wlan0 .
- On Linksys routers, type “admin” for both the username and the password.
- On Netgear routers, type “admin” for the username and “password” for the password.
- On other routers, try leaving the username empty and entering “admin” for the password.
- Enter your application name. For a list of which ports an application might use, see the Sources and Citations section below.
- Select the ports you wish to use. If you only want one port open, enter the same number in Start and End. If you wish to open a range of ports (say 5), you might type 3784 in Start and 3788 in End.
- Select Both if you’re asked to choose between TCP and UDP.
- 5 – Save your settings . You might need to restart your router for them to take effect
Also here is a video How to do;
[pro-player width='530' height='253' type='video']http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AAAcTQ5PTGg[/pro-player]
VIII – How to Change Ip Adress via Command Line? (For Advance User!)
1 – Login Qnap Via SSH;
2 – Type This Commands; (Ex; you want to chagne first ethernet port IP adress 192.168.1.1)
/sbin/setcfg eth0 “Gateway” 192.168.1.1;
/sbin/setcfg eth0 “IP Address” 192.168.1.2;
IX – How to To Give IP Adress From DHCP via Command Line ;
Proceed as follows:
- Power off your NAS
- Eject all drives. (Do not remove them, just eject them by 1″ (3cm) so they are no longer connected to the SATA Bus).
- Turn on the NAS. (You’ll hear a short “ beep “)
- After 2-3 minutes, a long beep will be heard, and the NAS can be “ found ” via QNAP QFinder
- Hot-plug all HDDs into the NAS (Do not power off the NAS. Do not follow the Quick Setup prompts)
- Access your NAS via SSH (using PuTTY ) (Note: it’s IP address may have changed, use QNAP QFinder if necessary to determine it’s IP address)
- Execute the following commands on the NAS: config_util 1 storage_boot_init 1 setcfg -f /share/HDA_ROOT/.config/uLinux.conf eth0 'Configure' 'TRUE' setcfg -f /share/HDA_ROOT/.config/uLinux.conf eth0 'Use DHCP' 'TRUE' setcfg -f /share/HDA_ROOT/.config/uLinux.conf eth0 'Usage' 'DHCP' sleep 2 reboot
7 Responses to Qnap Netork / IP Settings
merhabalar, qnap vs 2108 pro+ model nvr cihazıyla uzakda statik ipye bağlı bir kamerayı bağlayabilirmiyim
Elbetteki, (eğer Qnap’a ve IP kameraya WAN üzerinden ulaşabiliyorsanız tabiki..)
Advanced… You forgot advanced also means configuring IP via command line.
Type This Commands; (Ex; you want to chagne first ethernet port IP adress 192.168.1.1)
QNAP’i mi fabrika ayarlarına aldım. Fakat şimdi erişemiyorum. Default bir statik ip’si var mı ? Yardımcı olabilirseniz sevinirim.
Qnap’ın standart IP adres 169.254.100.100:8080 dir
Can insert the static arp into my qnap ts-439 pro 2? Thanks a lot
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Language / dil seçin, disclaimer:, bizi takip edin;.
+"Lun Stuck At Removing & Other Qnap iSCSI Lun Problems" document added; http://qnapsupport.net/lun-stuck-at-removing-other-qnap-iscsi-lun-problems/
+"High CPU & RAM Usage Problems & How To Understand Which Service Use Resource" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/high-cpu-ram-usage-problems-how-to-understand-which-service-use-resource/
+"The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable Error On iSCSI Lun Folder" Document added http://qnapsupport.net/the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable-error-on-iscsi-lun-folder/
+"How To Hide Folder & Disable Recycle Bin For Other Users" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-hide-folder-disable-recycle-bin-for-other-users/
+"How To Mount Qnap ISCSI Lun On NAS & Backup To Azure?" Document Added http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-mount-qnap-iscsi-lun-on-nas-backup-to-azure/
+"Backup Job Unsupported Filenames Problem: “Warning: Skip the /nas/Backup/folder1/.streams” file which has an unsupported filename!" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/backup-job-unsupported-filenames-problem-warning-skip-the-nasbackupfolder1-streams-file-which-has-an-unsupported-filename/
+"MySQL Problems, Cannot Access SQL Server After Update Firmware & How to Solve" Document extended; http://qnapsupport.net/mysql-problems-how-to-solve/
+"Qnap Windows Access Smb 1.0 Share Problem After Windows Wannacry Update Patch" Document added http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-windows-access-smb-1-0-share-problem-after-windows-wannacry-update-patch/
+"How To Recover Unreachible NAS with “Restore Factory Settings” Feature" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-recover-unreachible-nas-with-restore-factory-settings-feature/
+"Windows Server 2012/2008 iSCSI Lun File Problems: How To Start chkdsk Command" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/windows-server-lun-file-system-problems/
+"How To Stop Every Day At 02.00 Am “[Volume Volume1, Pool 1] Start To Reclaim Volume” Process" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-stop-every-day-at-02-00-am-volume-volume1-pool-1-start-to-reclaim-volume-process/
+"Qnap Reboot Itself Randomly Even There is No Problem on RAID, What Should I Do?" Document extended http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-reboot-itself-randomly-even-there-is-no-problem-on-raid-what-should-i-do/
+"Error Page Not Found Or The Web Server Is Currently Unavabile. Please Contact The Website Admin For Help" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/error-page-not-found-or-the-web-server-is-currently-unavabile-please-contact-the-website-admin-for-help/
+"How To Unmap Lun, Move Lun To Another Target or Delete Lun on Qnap" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-unmap-lun-move-lun-to-another-target-or-delete-lun-on-qnap/
+"Qnap Smb Service Totaly Broken After Firmware Update? How To Fix" document extended; http://qnapsupport.net/enable-trusted-domains-doesnt-work-how-to-reinstall-to-fix-smb/
+"How To Purchase And Use myQNAPcloud SSL Certificates & How To Use SSL Certificates" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-purchase-and-use-myqnapcloud-ssl-certificates-how-to-use-ssl-certificates/
+"Load Balance Setup: Which Is The Best Port Trunking Option?" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/load-balance-setup-which-is-the-best-port-trunking-option/
+"Qsync Failed To Inıtialize Problem & How To Restore Homes Folder" Document fixed; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-qsync-problems-and-how-to-fix/
+" Qnap Blue Login Screen Problem" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-blue-login-screen-problem/
+"Cannot Access NAS With \\NasName But Can Access Via \\IPAdress. Why?" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/cannot-access-nas-with-nasname-but-can-access-via-ipadress-why/?lang=en
+"Qnap SMB / Cifs Backup Fails To Connect, Even Test Connection Seems Ok?" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-smb-cifs-backup-fails/?lang=en
+"Virtual Switch Blank Page Problem, How To Reinstall Network Config & “You don’t have permission to access /apps/netmgr/ on this server” Problem" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/virtual-switch-blank-page-problem-how-to-reinstall-network-config-you-dont-have-permission-to-access-appsnetmgr-on-this-server-problem/?lang=en
+"How To Create Multi Volume/Second RAID And Upload Folders To This Second RAID/Volume" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-create-multi-volumesecond-raid-and-upload-folders-to-this-second-raidvolume/?lang=en
+"What is QPKG & How To Install Application Manually & How To Reinstall App Center" Document Extended http://qnapsupport.net/what-is-qpkg-how-to-use/?lang=en
+"Container Station Problems & How To Fix" Docuement Added; http://qnapsupport.net/container-station-problemleri-ve-cozumu/
+"Read I/O error, sense_key=0×0, asc=0×0, ascq=0×0, CDB=28 00 57 09 ed 18 00 00 10 00 Errors & How To Fix" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/read-io-error-sense_key0x0-asc0x0-ascq0x0-cdb28-00-57-09-ed-18-00-00-10-00-errors-how-to-fix/?lang=en
+"Qnap Lun Free Size Is Not Same on Windows ISCSI Disk? How To Fix Qnap Lun Dead Space" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-lun-free-size-is-not-same-on-windows-iscsi-disk-how-to-fix-qnap-lun-dead-space/?lang=en
+"myQNAPcloud Name Registration Problems & How To Solve" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/myqnapcloud-kayit-etme-problemleri-ve-cozumleri/
+"How To Be Sure If Its Qnap Hardware or HDD Issue?" Document Added http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-be-sure-if-its-hdd-problem/?lang=en
+"Windows 7 / Windows 10 Backup Cannot Save To A Network Location On NAS, How To Solve!" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/windows-7-windows-10-backup-isleminde-cannot-save-to-a-network-location-hatasi/
+"Qnap Exel / Word Files “Access Denied. Contact Your Administrator” Problem & How To Solve" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-exel-word-files-access-denied-contact-your-administrator-problem-how-to-solve/?lang=en
+"Qnap “System Reserved” Storage Takes Too Much Space? What Is Sys. Reserverd And How To Fix This" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-system-reserved-storage-takes-too-much-space-what-is-sys-reserverd-and-how-to-fix-this/?lang=en
+"Qnap Login Interface Blue Screen Error After Firmware Upgrade & How To Solve" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-login-interface-blue-screen-error-after-firmware-upgrade-how-to-solve/?lang=en
+"RAID Seems Unmounted and Mounting Volume Failed; How To Start e2fsck Command And Mount Volume" Document extended; http://qnapsupport.net/raid-seems-unmounted-and-mounting-volume-failed-how-to-start-e2fsck-command-and-mount-volume/?lang=en
+"Qnapcloud UPnP Router Problem; I Can Access NAS Via Cloudlink, But name.myqnapcloud.com Doestn Work?" Document renewed! http://qnapsupport.net/qnapcloud-upnp-router-problem-i-can-access-nas-via-cloudlink-but-name-myqnapcloud-com-doestn-work/?lang=en
+"How To Remove Second Volume And Expand First Volume Capacity" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-remove-second-volume-and-expand-first-volume-capacity/?lang=en
+"Issue of Cloud Drive Sync Problems & How To Solve" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/issue-of-cloud-drive-sync-problems-how-to-solve/?lang=en
+"PhotoStation Errors and How To Reinstall Database; Thumbnail Generation Failed A Few Photos, No Folder View And Albums Empty After Firmware, Photo Station Albums Gone, Photostation Not Showing All Files" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/photostation-errors-and-how-to-reinstall-database/?lang=en
+"Container Station Only Shows My Nas And The Refresh İcon, But No Folders At All… How To Fix" Document added; http://qnapsupport.net/container-station-only-shows-my-nas-and-the-refresh-icon-but-no-folders-at-all-how-to-fix/?lang=en
+"About Qnap Warranty Issue" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/about-qnap-warranty-issues/?lang=en
+"Qnap Unable To Play MKV Files Anymore After Firmware Update And Gives “The Video Does Not Support Online Playback or Does Not Exist” Error?" Docuemnt Added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-unable-to-play-mkv-files-anymore-after-firmware-update-and-gives-the-video-does-not-support-online-playback-or-does-not-exist-error/?lang=en
+"Qnap Download Station Stops Working Suddeny And Gives This Error; Download Station Is Currently Offline" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/qnap-download-station-stops-working-suddeny-and-gives-download-station-is-currently-offline/?lang=en
+"RAID Seems Unmounted and Mounting Volume Failed; How To Start e2fsck Command And Mount Volume" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/raid-seems-unmounted-and-mounting-volume-failed-how-to-start-e2fsck-command-and-mount-volume/
+"How To Understant Which Broken HDD Cause RAID Rebuilding Process Slow Down" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-understant-which-broken-hdd-cause-raid-rebuilding-process-slow-down/
+"How To Add Or Remove Spare Disk From RAID" Document Added; http://qnapsupport.net/how-to-add-or-remove-spare-disk-from-raid/?lang=en
Sorularınız mı Var? Qnap Form Sitesine Yazın Cevaplayalım
Moving a QNAP to a different IP-range
Hi! I have a stupid question...
A customer is going to bring his QNAP which I am supposed to connect to a new VLAN. Now I wonder how I'll be able to change the QNAP's IP-settings (it probably uses a static IP which won't work in my network)....
Do I have to ask him to change the IP before bringing the QNAP to my network?
Thank you for your help
Popular Topics in General Networking
You can connect the QNAP to your laptop and change the IP address of your laptop to the same network the QNAP is configured. Thats if its not using DHCP. If the QNAP is using DHCP, just plug it to your network and run the QNAP software to find the device
You can more details about the QNAP here
http:/ Opens a new window / docs.qnap.com/ nas/ en/ index.html? network.htm
+1 for me again. I always change the IP with my Laptop as well. (Loging on webinterface and changing there) You just have to know the old QNAP IP !
Not all QNAP models have a screen showing it .
While you're in there, there's probably a firmware update that can be done. They come out with new updates pretty regularly.
Bump, any updates on this issue?
This topic has been locked by an administrator and is no longer open for commenting.
To continue this discussion, please ask a new question .
Read these next...
Snap! -- Irish satellite, Pay for Privacy, Malicious bots, $11 Million in Shrimp
Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to the Snap! Flashback: December 1, 1971: Project Gutenberg Launched (Read more HERE.) You need to hear this. UK Celebrates “World-First” Anti-Fraud Deal With Big Tech According to Inf...
Does your company do Holiday Bonus?
Mine does a party vs cash. I'll admit I'd rather have the cash than the party and to be fair its a fancy party at a nice hotel with good food and DJ, not a large pizza and a board game in the break room. But all in all I'd rather have the 50-100 dollars...
Client with No Budget
Okay...Take a deep breath because I acknowledge this isn't the best way to handle this but here goes...I've got a client running a hyper-v server running a bunch of og 2012 boxes. (GRRRRR.... I've told them it's not supported etc etc)But...Everything can ...
SpiceQuest December (2023) -- Of Computers and Crosswords
Welcome to another SpiceQuest! In this series, we call out current holidays and give you the chance to earn the monthly SpiceQuest badge! (Each task can be done at any time. They don't have to be completed on a certain holiday.) This month w...
Spark! Pro series – 1st December 2023
Well here we are, starting the wrap up of 2023. Christmas and New Year are fast approaching. Look out 2024, here we come! Just a reminder, if you are reading the Spark!, Spice it up. We like it spicy here...
Configuring DNS Settings
The Network & Virtual Switch window opens.
- Go to Network > Interfaces .
The Configure window opens.
- Go to the DNS tab.
- Click Apply .
QNAP NAS Community Forum
Skip to content
- Home Board index General Miscellaneous
Reset all network settings from the command line
Post by ccc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:19 am
Re: Reset all network settings from the command line
Post by pwilson » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:36 am
ccc wrote: hi Last time I had problems with TS-EC1279U-RP using vlan and couldn't connect over the network, so I' ve done a factory reset. How to reset all network settings inklusive vlan from the command line, if doesn't help via web interface?
[url=http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.0/en/hardware.htm]Hardware[/url] section of the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual wrote: Basic system reset (3 sec) After pressing the reset button for 3 seconds, a beep sound will be heard. The following settings will be reset to default: System administration password: admin. TCP/IP configuration: Obtain IP address settings automatically via DHCP. TCP/IP configuration: Disable Jumbo Frame. TCP/IP configuration: If port trunking is enabled (dual LAN models only), the port trunking mode will be reset to “Active Backup (Failover)”. System port: 8080 (system service port). Security level: Low (Allow all connections). VLAN will be disabled. Service binding: All NAS services run on all available network interfaces.
Post by ccc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:04 am
Post by doktornotor » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:51 pm
Post by ccc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:18 pm
doktornotor wrote: Simple - you don't. No such thing supported.
Post by schumaku » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:39 pm
Post by ccc » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:49 pm
schumaku wrote: Check /etc/config/uLinux.conf ... in the active Network and/or trunk Interface you find the configuraiton controls related: [eth1] Configure = TRUE ... vlan_id = 100 vlan_enable = TRUE For this example... [~] # setcfg eth1 vlan_enable FALSE ...an reboot.
Code: Select all
Post by piathink » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:07 pm
Post by Trexx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 pm
Post by piathink » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22 pm
Post by Trexx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:23 pm
Return to “Miscellaneous”
- QNAP General
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Features Wanted
- ↳ Users' Corner
- ↳ Official Apps
- ↳ Prestashop
- ↳ Webalizer
- ↳ Virtualization Station
- ↳ Notes Station
- ↳ SocialLink Station
- ↳ McAfee Antivirus
- ↳ IT Management Station
- ↳ Container Station
- ↳ Qsirch & Qfiling
- ↳ Community Apps
- ↳ Apps Wanted
- ↳ Partner Apps
- ↳ BitTorrent Sync
- ↳ EZPhone
- ↳ Plex Media Server
- ↳ Ragic
- ↳ Tonido
- Getting Started
- ↳ Frequently Asked Questions
- ↳ Presales
- ↳ Turbo Station Installation & Setup
- ↳ Hardware & Software Compatibility
- ↳ HDD Spin Down (HDD Standby)
- ↳ Seagate Drive Discussion
- ↳ Western Digital Drive Discussion
- ↳ File Sharing
- ↳ Mac OS
- ↳ Linux & Unix (NFS)
- ↳ Windows
- ↳ Backup & Restore
- ↳ Symform
- ↳ Microsoft Azure
- ↳ OpenStack Swift
- ↳ Amazon Glacier
- ↳ Amazon S3
- ↳ WebDAV-based Backup
- ↳ Google Cloud Storage
- ↳ Object Storage Server
- ↳ ElephantDrive
- ↳ Xopero
- ↳ System & Disk Volume Management
- ↳ Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)
- ↳ Download Station and QGet
- ↳ myQNAPcloud service
- ↳ Surveillance Solution
- ↳ Miscellaneous
- ↳ QIoT
- ↳ QuAI
- ↳ QVR Face
- ↳ Windows Domain & Active Directory
- ↳ iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk
- ↳ Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery
- ↳ Server Virtualization & Clustering
- ↳ NAS Management
- ↳ QES Operating System (QNAP Enterprise Storage OS)
- ↳ Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station
- ↳ Media Streaming
- ↳ Mobile Devices
- Home Board index
- All times are UTC+08:00
- Delete cookies
Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Privacy | Terms
NAS- Network Attached Storage
Jbod expansion, cloud storage, das & accessories, routers (wi-fi 5/6 & wired), switches (25gbe/10gbe/2.5gbe), intel x86 smart edge switch, ndr cybersecurity appliances, network virtualization ucpe, accessories, expansion accessories, expansion cards/ interface cards, surveillance & smart video.
- QVR Pro Appliance
Video conferencing appliance, operating system, networking os, qne network, smart video solutions, where to buy.
- Software Store
- Service Portal
- Account Center
Personal and Home NAS
Small and midsize business.
- TVS-h674T NEW
- TVS-h874T NEW
- TBS-h574TX NEW
- TS-h1277AXU-RP NEW
- TS-h1677AXU-RP NEW
2.5GbE NAS + Switch Bundle Pack
- TS-473A-SW5T NEW
- TS-673A-SW5T NEW
- TS-873A-SW5T NEW
- QXP-3X8PES NEW
- QXP-3X4PES NEW
- Guideline for Choosing and Upgrading NAS
- How to choose a 4-bay NAS
- Product Comparison
- Compatibility for NAS Migration
- NAS Performance
- RAID Calculator & NAS Selector
- Virtualization Certification
- Customer Stories
- Online Demo
- White Papers
JBOD & RAID
- TL-R2400PES-RP NEW
- TL-R1600PES-RP NEW
- TL-R1200PES-RP NEW
- NAS Compatibility
- Drive Compatibility
- myQNAPcloud Storage for NAS Backup
- myQNAPcloud Storage as Cloud Drive
- QuTScloud for Public Cloud
- QuTScloud for Private Cloud
- Backup to Cloud
- VJBOD Cloud
Direct Attached Storage (PC/Workstations)
- Choose Ideal External Drive RAID Storage for Your Mac/PC
Wi-Fi Mesh Router
Wi-Fi 6 SD-WAN Router
Wired sd-wan router, compatibility list, qsw 2.5gbe switches.
QSW 10GbE Switches
- QSW-3216R-8S8T NEW
- QSW-M3216R-8S8T NEW
- QSW-M3212R-8S4T NEW
QSW Full 10GbE Switches
QSW Managed Switches
Qsw unmanaged switches.
QSW Industrial-grade Switches
Qsw 25gbe switches.
QSW 100GbE Switches
- QSW-M7308R-4X NEW
QGD Smart Edge Switches
ADRA NDR Cybersecurity Appliances
Qucpe network virtualization premise equipment, virtualized it room solutions.
- Software-defined Platform Total Solution
- AMIZ Cloud Management Platform
- QNE Application Store
Wired/Wireless Network Adapters
- QXG-10G2SF-X710 NEW
- QXG-10G2T NEW
- QXG-25G2SF-E810 NEW
Wake on Lan Device
- Choose Accessories
QVR Pro Appliances
- How to Choose a Surveillance NAS
- QVR Elite Camera Compatibility List
- QVR Pro Camera Compatibility List
- Solution Brief: How Surveillance NAS can become the best enterprise surveillance solution
Smart Video Products
QTS is the operating system for entry- and mid-level QNAP NAS. WIth Linux and ext4, QTS enables reliable storage for everyone with versatile value-added features and apps, such as snapshots, Plex media servers, and easy access of your personal cloud.
- Storage & Snapshot
- Network & Virtual Switch
- Notification Center
- Qfinder Pro
- Desktop Utilities
- Mobile Apps
Backup and data protection.
- Hybrid Backup Sync
- Hyper Data Protector
- Multi-Application Recovery Service
- Container Station
- QuWAN vRouter
- Storage for Virtualization
- Linux Station
- Virtualization Station
- DA Drive Analyzer
- SSD Over-provisioning
- Browser Station
- File Station
- IFTTT Agent
- Notes Station
- Qsirch PC Edition
- WirelessAP Station
- WorldCard Team
- Organization Center
- HybridDesk Station
- Multimedia Console
- Photo Station
- Music Station
- Video Station
- Plex Media Server
- Roon Music Server
- CAYIN MediaSign Player
- QVR Smart Search
- QVR DoorAccess
- Malware Remover
- QNAP Authenticator
Utilities and Mobile
- Client Utilities
QuTS hero is the operating system for high-end and enterprise QNAP NAS models. With Linux and ZFS, QuTS hero supports advanced data reduction technologies for further driving down costs and increasing reliablility of SSD (all-flash) storage.
- QuTS hero h5.1
- Backup & Restore
- Real-time SnapSync Disaster Recovery
- QuTS hero Snapshots
QuTScloud is the operating system for QNAP Cloud NAS virtual appliances. With the possibility of on-premises and cloud deployment, QuTScloud enables optimized cloud data usage and flexible resource allocation at a predictable monthly cost.
- QuTScloud for On-Premises Hypervisors
QES is the operating system for dual-controller QNAP NAS models. With FreeBSD and ZFS, QES is flash-optimized, capable of driving outstanding performance for all-flash storage arrays.
- ZFS Advantages
- RAID Calculator
QNE Network is the operating system for QuCPE, QNAP's universal customer premises equipment series. Run virtual network functions, freely configure software-defined networks, and enjoy benefits such as lowered costs and reduced management efforts.
- QNE Network Overview
- Network Manager
- Service Composer
- Security Center
- QuWAN Orchestrator
QNAP Switch System (QSS) is the configuration interface for QNAP's managed switch series. Enable management functions such as link aggregation, VLAN, and RSTP, to take care of your network topology with ease.
- QSS Overview
QNAP’s QuRouter OS simplifies managing high-speed and high-coverage LAN/WAN. With NAT, VPN, security, and QuWAN SD-WAN, network management is made easier and remote connections more secure.
- QuRouter Overview
QVR Elite is the subscription-based network video recorder software for QNAP's QTS, QuTS hero, and QNE Network operating systems. Its low monthly fee enables homes and small businesses to build a cost-effective and flexible video surveillance system.
QVR Pro is the network video recorder software for QNAP's QVR Pro video surveillance appliances. QVR Pro can be also used with a series of apps, such as face recognition and door access control, making it versatile for a range of scenarios.
QVR Face is a smart facial recognition solution featuring real-time live streaming video analytics from connected cameras. It can be integrated into multiple scenarios to provide intelligent attendance management, door access control management, VIP welcome systems and smart retail services.
- QVR Face & NAS/NVR Selector
QNAP smart video solutions provides integrated intelligent packages such as video conferencing and smart retail, boosting productivity for individuals and businesses.
Smart retail, for enterprise.
- All-Flash Storage
- Petabyte-Scale Storage
- FC-SAN Solution
- High Availability Storage
- Cold Data Storage
- Why Business NAS Uses ZFS?
- Disaster Recovery Solution Exclusive for ZFS NAS
- Start a Virtual Machine on NAS
- 10/25GbE Network
- One-stop 25GbE Ultra-high-speed Networking Solution
- SMB 3.0 Multichannel
- SSD Cache Acceleration
- Manage multiple NAS via Cloud
- Drive Health Diagnostics & Prediction
- Best Business Backup Solution
- NAS Data Backup & Restore
- Windows PC/Server Backup
- SaaS Backup
- License-free VM Backup
- Veeam-Ready and Virtualization Certifications
- RAID Protection
- Snapshots & Versioning
- Email Backup and Management
- Google Photos Backup and Migration
- What is NAS?
- Upgrade to 2.5GbE NAS
- myQNAPcloud Remote Access to NAS
- Home Backup Solutions
- Data Protection against Ransomware
- Best Plex NAS
- High-capacity Cloud Photo Album
- Play & Stream Your Music
- Central Storage for Video Collections
- Full-text Searches for NAS Files
- myQNAPcloud Storage
- Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- QuTScloud Cloud NAS
- Support DataCore vFilO
- Support Platform9’s Managed OpenStack Solution
- Backup to ElephantDrive
- AWS Storage Gateway
- Cloud Storage Gateway Solutions
- Future-ready Network Switches
- NDR Solutions against Targeted Ransomware
- Mesh VPN Solutions
- Cloud Orchestrator Management Platform
- VPN Servers & Clients
- Support pfSense Firewall
- Virtual Router
Smart Video Surveillance
- NAS Smart Surveillance System Solutions
- AI-powered Surveillance Event Search
- Face Recognition
- Door Access Control
- Surveillance Systems Control Center
- Support Milestone Surveillance Platform
- QVR Developer Center
- Security Overview
- Secure Storage
- Protection against Ransomware
- NAS Secure Access Best Practices
- Secured login and multi-factor authentication
- Security Counselor
- QuFirewall Firewall Solution
- McAfee Antivirus
- Content Creators
- Pair Adobe CC with QNAP NAS
- Thunderbolt™ Solution
- Direct-Attached Storage
- exFAT Large File Transfer
- Best Storage for Apple Users
- Knowledge Base
- QuTS hero Manual
- QNE Network Manual
- Video Tutorials
- Contact Sales
- OS & User Guide
- Security Advisories and Updates
- Report a Vulnerability
- Information Security Manual
- Product Security News
- Security Bounty Program
- Drives & Peripherals
- Storage Expansion Enclosures
- QVR Elite Cameras
- QVR Pro Cameras
- Surveillance Station Cameras
- Move Drives to Another QNAP NAS
Technical Support & Repair
- Contact Technical Support
- Check Standard Warranty
- Register Products and Buy Extended Warranty
- Out-of-Warranty Repair
- Check Repair Status
- Check Product Support Status
- Operating System Release Notes
- Become QNAP Developer Partners
- Technical Advisories
Buy from QNAP
- Buy Licenses
- Buy Extended Warranty
- Buy Accessories
- Brunei Darussalam
- Awards & Reviews
- Privacy Notice
- Home Cloud 2.0
- File access
How to use Qsync to synchronize files between the NAS and my other devices?
System requirements, getting started, installation, installing qsync central, installing qsync client on windows or macos, installing qsync client on ubuntu, installing qsync pro on android and ios, synchronization, enabling shared folder synchronization on the nas, adding a nas and paired folders for synchronization, adding a nas and paired folders from qsync client, adding a nas and paired folders from qsync pro, synchronizing files between the nas and your device, managing paired folders, managing paired folders on qsync client, managing paired folders on qsync pro, synchronization settings, space-saving mode, enabling space-saving mode, changing space-saving mode file status, freeing up space (qsync 5.0.6 win/5.0.5 macos), freeing up space (qsync 5.0.5 win/5.0.4 macos), smart delete file management, restoring and deleting files using qsync client, restoring and deleting files using qsync pro, qsync central, management settings, configuring management settings, configuring synchronization settings, configuring policy settings, creating a user, modifying qsync access, modifying shared folder permissions, managing devices, shared folders, team folders, sharing team folders, modifying team folder users, shared file links, version control, configuring version control settings, configuring advanced version control settings, searching device event logs.
This applies to the following application versions (and later): Qsync Central 22.214.171.124, Qsync Client 5.0.0 for Windows, Qsync Client 5.0.0 for Mac, Qsync Pro 1.4.0 for Android, and Qsync Pro 1.1.0 for iOS.
Business users can use Qsync to enhance teamwork and collaboration, while home users can easily access and share their multimedia files.
Qsync Central supports all NAS models and all versions of QTS .
Qsync Client for Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu are available in QNAP Utilities .
The following operating systems support Qsync Client .
Qsync Pro for Android and iOS are available in the Google Play Store or the App Store.
Qsync Pro requires the QNAP NAS to run QTS 4.3.6 (or later) and Qsync Central .
The following mobile versions support Qsync Pro .
You must install Qsync Central and turn on synchronization access to shared folders in Qsync Central to start syncing files between your NAS and other devices.
For details, see the user creation section of the QTS User Guide.
For details, see the shared folders section of the QTS User Guide.
For details, see Installing Qsync Central .
For details, see Enabling Shared Folder Synchronization on the NAS .
Qsync Client synchronizes files between your computer and other devices.
For details, see the following topics:
Qsync Pro synchronizes files between your mobile device and other devices.
For details, see the following topic: Installing Qsync Pro on Android and iOS
For details, see Adding a NAS and Paired Folders from Qsync Client .
For details, see Adding a NAS and Paired Folders from Qsync Pro .
This section explains how to install the applications you need to start syncing your files.
Before installing Qsync Central , ensure that a default volume is configured on the NAS. For details, see the volumes section of the QTS User Guide.
- Log on to QTS as administrator.
A search box appears.
The Qsync Central application appears in the search results.
The installation window appears.
- Select the volume you want to install Qsync Central on.
QTS installs Qsync Central .
Qsync Central is enabled by default. Disabling Qsync Central stops all synchronization activities and hides all application shortcuts.
This task explains installing the Qsync Client from your web browser. You can also install the Qsync Client through Qsync Central . For details, go to Overview .
- On your web browser, go to https://www.qnap.com/en/utilities/ .
Your operating system downloads the installer.
The operating system installs Qsync on the client device.
Ubuntu downloads the installer.
- Open Terminal .
32-bit: sudo dpkg -i QNAPQsyncClientUbuntux86_126.96.36.1990.deb
64-bit: sudo dpkg -i QNAPQsyncClientUbuntux64-188.8.131.520.deb
Ubuntu installs Qsync on the client device.
This task describes installing Qsync Pro for Android and iOS from Qsync Central . You can also install Qsync Pro directly on the Google Play Store or on the App store.
Four installation options appear.
The Google Play Store or the App Store opens.
This section explains how to synchronize files and folders between your NAS and your device.
Qsync Central must be enabled to sync files. The application is automatically enabled by default and must stay enabled for file synchronization.
Synchronization access to shared folders must be enabled to sync files between that folder and your device. Shared folders do not have synchronization access by default. For details, see Enabling Shared Folder Synchronization on the NAS .
Only administrators can enable or disable synchronization access.
Non-administrators with read and write access to a shared folder can sync files between your NAS and other devices.
- Open Qsync Central , and then go to Shared Folders .
Depending on which device you want to sync your files to, you must add a NAS and a paired folder using Qsync Client or Qsync Pro . For details on syncing between your computer and your NAS, go to Adding a NAS and Paired Folders from Qsync Client . For details on syncing between your mobile device and your NAS, go to Adding a NAS and Paired Folders from Qsync Pro .
Adding a NAS from Qsync Client synchronizes files between the NAS and computer.
- Open Qsync Client on your computer.
Windows users can add multiple NAS devices. MAC users can only add one NAS device.
- Specify your NAS username and password.
- Select Secure login .
QNAP recommends selecting this option.
Use only the following characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, dash (-).
This client name will appear on the list of devices in Qsync Central.
The Select folders to sync screen appears.
Your files start synchronizing.
- Open Qsync Pro on your Android or iOS device.
This task explains how to sync new files from the NAS to your device.
- Open File Station , and then go to the paired folder.
For details on how to upload a file or folder, see the Folder Operations section of the QTS User Guide.
The file or folder appears in the paired folder on your device.
This section explains how to add, edit, delete, or pause your synchronization tasks.
- On your client device, open Qsync .
The NAS details appear.
The Manage Paired Folders window opens.
- Click Close .
The Manage Paired Folders screen appears.
Depending on your needs, you can choose to enable Space-Saving Mode or Smart Delete File Management for better control over your synced files.
This only applies to Qsync Client 5.0.0 or later and requires Windows 10 version 1909 or above for Windows users.
Space-Saving Mode allows you to view files without downloading them to your device. You can download files only when you need to open and edit them. Space-Saving Mode allows you to save disk space on your computer, synchronize files faster, and avoid a server overload.
After enabling Space-Saving Mode, you can change online-only or locally available files to files that are always available. For more information regarding file statuses after enabling Space-Saving Mode, refer to the following table:
Depending on your operating system, Space-Saving Mode has specific folder restrictions. Qsync Client allows Space-Saving Mode for the following folder types.
Space-Saving Mode and Smart Delete File Management cannot be enabled at the same time. Enabling Space-Saving Mode automatically disables Smart Delete File Management.
The Manage paired folders window opens.
The Select folders to sync window opens.
For information on these statuses, go to Space-Saving Mode .
This option is available for Qsync Client 5.0.5 and earlier on Windows and 5.0.4 or earlier on macOS.
- Click Apply .
After enabling Space-Saving Mode, you can right-click a file or folder and select Space-Saving Mode to change the file status. For information on these statuses, go to Space-Saving Mode .
When Space-Saving Mode is enabled for a paired folder, you can reduce the size of synced files by freeing up space. When freeing up space, locally available files will become online-only. Files with an always available status will not be affected. Freeing up space can be done automatically or manually by using the settings below.
Windows Storage Sense can also be used on Windows computers to automatically free up space. For more information, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-onedrive-and-storage-sense-in-windows-10-to-manage-disk-space-de5faa9a-6108-4be1-87a6-d90688d08a48 .
- Open Qsync Client .
The Settings window opens.
Qsync Client frees up space.
When Space-Saving Mode is enabled for a paired folder, you can reduce the size of synced files by freeing up space. When freeing up space, locally available files will become online-only. Windows Storage Sense can also be used on Windows computers to automatically free up space. For more information, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-onedrive-and-storage-sense-in-windows-10-to-manage-disk-space-de5faa9a-6108-4be1-87a6-d90688d08a48 .
Qsync Client turns Locally available files to Online-only.
This section explains how to use Smart Delete File Management . The feature allows you to restore removed files from paired folders to your device or delete them from your NAS.
You must select Smart delete from the NAS settings on your device to use the Smart Delete File Management features. For details, see the Qsync Client and Qsync Pro documentation.
The Smart Delete File Management window opens.
Qsync performs the specified action.
The Smart Delete File Management screen appears.
This applies to Qsync Central 184.108.40.206 (and later).
Qsync Central is a file synchronization application for your NAS that is downloadable from the App Center. Qsync Central is a required application for you to sync files between your NAS and your device. When you add files to your designated sync folders, the specified folders and files become available on the NAS and on all linked devices.
The Overview screen displays the configuration mode, number of online devices, and users synchronized with Qsync . On this screen, you can enable Qsync , download Qsync applications to your computer or mobile device, manage Qsync files from a browser, or synchronize your files over the internet.
Management settings allow administrators to choose whether a user or administrator can set Qsync preferences.
- Go to Qsync Central > Management settings .
Click Reset to default to reset all configurations made on this page.
Qsync applies the selected mode.
- Go to Qsync Central > Management Settings > Edit preference settings > Synchronize .
- Optional: Select Do not remove any file on the NAS during synchronization .
This option can only be selected when Central Configuration Mode is enabled in Management Settings .
Qsync performs the selected task.
- Go to Qsync Central > Management Settings > Edit preference settings > Policy .
Let me decide for each file
Rename files on the NAS
Rename local files
Replace files on the NAS with local files
Replace local files with files on the NAS
Qsync skips files based on these settings.
The Users screen displays all user statuses on Qsync . On this screen, you can search, allow or deny access, and modify shared folder permission for each user. On the All users screen, you can create a user, search, allow or deny access, and modify shared folder permission for each user.
This task explains how to create a local user from Qsync Central . To create a domain user, see Domain Security under Privilege in the QTS User Guide.
The Create a User window appears.
- Specify the user's user groups, shared folder permissions, application privileges, or quota.
- Click Create .
- Go to Qsync Central > Users .
The users list appears.
- Under the Grant column, select the users you want to allow or deny access to.
- Go to Qsync Central > Users > All users
- Identify a user.
The Edit Shared Folder Permissions window appears.
QTS saves the changes.
The Devices screen displays the devices synchronized with Qsync . On this screen, you can search connected devices, search by user, block devices, erase Qsync data, and modify each device's settings.
- Go to Qsync Central > Devices .
Qsync applies the selected option to the device.
- Optional: Select Apply these settings to every device. .
Qsync performs the specified task.
The Shared Folders allow administrators to turn on or turn off synchronization of shared folders and edit shared folders. If synchronization is enabled, users with read and write privileges of shared folders can synchronize the contents with other devices via the Qsync client utilities.
- Go to Qsync Central > Shared Folders .
- Under Select permission type , select a permission type to edit.
Qsync applies the permission type.
You can share the folders in the Qsync folder as team folders. From the Team Folders screen, you can add a team folder, edit user acess to team folders, and unshare a team folder. Team folders do not have file restrictions and allow easier file sharing compared to using emails. The team folder can serve as a file exchange platform for greater teamwork.
- Open the Qsync folder on your client device.
The Share with Users window opens.
- Select Local Users or Domain Users .
- Select the users you want to share the folder with.
The Select Folders window opens.
The Share Team Folder window opens.
- Select the users that can access the shared folders.
The folders appear under the Folder column.
- Go to Qsync Central > Team Folder .
- From the Folder list, identify the folder you want to modify.
The Shared File Links displays the share links created by every user. You can search by specific users or file names on this screen. For details on how to create a share link, see the QTS User Guide.
Version Control allows users to keep separate versions of a file whenever it is modified. Users can retrieve a specific version of the file at any time and anywhere.
- Go to Qsync Central > Version Control .
- Select Enable version control .
Select this option to enable version control for all files and subfolders under the Qsync folder.
- Click Apply All .
- Go to Qsync Central > Version Control > Advanced .
- Select the Maximum Number of Versions .
Qsync Central displays the disk space used for version control.
The Event Logs screen allows you to view Qsync logs for all synchronized devices. You can search by user, device, action, and details.
- Go to Qsync Central > Event Logs .
Was this article helpful?
Please tell us how this article can be improved:
The article is missing important information
The article's solutions do not work
The article is too complicated
The article contains incorrect information
The article is out-of-date
If you want to provide additional feedback, please include it below.
This site in other countries/regions:
- ASEAN / English
- Australia / English
- 香港特別行政區 / 繁體中文
- India / English
- Middle East / English
- Česká Republika / Čeština
- Danmark / Dansk
- France / Français
- Deutschland / Deutsch
- Magyarország / Magyar
- Italia / Italiano
- Nederland / Nederlands
- Polska / Polski
- Portugal / Português
- España / Español
- Sverige / Svenska
- Türkiye / Türkçe
- United Kingdom / English
- América Latina / Español
- Brasil / Português
- Canada / English
- United States / English
- Global / English
Welcome! You can start using a variety of QNAP member services.
Get licenses for advanced features from our Software Store.
If you need a longer warranty, you can purchase QNAP Extended Warranty Service (QEWS) for additional coverage.
If you have any further questions about QNAP products or solutions, contact customer service through the Service Portal.