Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print From only $2.60
Sixth Grade Math Worksheets
Free grade 6 worksheets from k5 learning.
Our printable grade 6 math worksheets delve deeper into earlier grade math topics (4 operations, fractions, decimals, measurement, geometry) as well as introduce exponents, proportions, percents and integers .
Choose your grade 6 topic:
Place Value & Scientific Notation
Add & Subtract
Multiply & Divide
Decimals & Percents
Fractions to / from Decimals
Decimals - Add and Subtract
Decimals - Multiply
Decimals - Divide
Add & Subtract Fractions
Multiply & Divide Fractions
Sample Grade 6 Math Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
- Number Charts
- Long division
- Basic operations
- Telling time
- Place value
- Roman numerals
- Fractions & related
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions
- Mixed numbers vs. fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Prime factorization & factors
- Fraction Calculator
- Decimals & Percent
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- Fractions to decimals
- Percents to decimals
- Percentage of a number
- Percent word problems
- Classify triangles
- Classify quadrilaterals
- Circle worksheets
- Area & perimeter of rectangles
- Area of triangles & polygons
- Coordinate grid, including moves & reflections
- Volume & surface area
- Square Roots
- Order of operations
- Scientific notation
- Ratio word problems
- Write expressions
- Evaluate expressions
- Simplify expressions
- Linear equations
- Linear inequalities
- Graphing & slope
- Equation calculator
- Equation editor
- Elementary Math Games
- Addition and subtraction
- Math facts practice
- The four operations
- Factoring and number theory
- Geometry topics
- Middle/High School
- Statistics & Graphs
- Logic and proof
- For all levels
- Favorite math puzzles
- Favorite challenging puzzles
- Math in real world
- Problem solving & projects
- For gifted children
- Math history
- Math games and fun websites
- Interactive math tutorials
- Math help & online tutoring
- Assessment, review & test prep
- Online math curricula
- Number charts
- Skip Counting
- Place Value
- Number Lines
- Word Problems
- Comparing Numbers
- Ordering Numbers
- Odd and Even
- Prime and Composite
- Roman Numerals
- Ordinal Numbers
- In and Out Boxes
- Number System Conversions
- More Number Sense Worksheets
- Size Comparison
- Measuring Length
- Metric Unit Conversion
- Customary Unit Conversion
- More Measurement Worksheets
- Writing Checks
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Tally Marks
- Mean, Median, Mode, Range
- Mean Absolute Deviation
- Stem-and-leaf Plot
- Box-and-whisker Plot
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn Diagram
- More Statistics Worksheets
- Shapes - 2D
- Shapes - 3D
- Lines, Rays and Line Segments
- Points, Lines and Planes
- Ordered Pairs
- Midpoint Formula
- Distance Formula
- Parallel, Perpendicular and Intersecting Lines
- Scale Factor
- Surface Area
- Pythagorean Theorem
- More Geometry Worksheets
- Converting between Fractions and Decimals
- Significant Figures
- Convert between Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Direct and Inverse Variation
- Order of Operations
- Squaring Numbers
- Square Roots
- Scientific Notations
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Absolute Value
- More Pre-Algebra Worksheets
- Translating Algebraic Phrases
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Algebraic Identities
- Quadratic Equations
- Systems of Equations
- Sequence and Series
- Complex Numbers
- More Algebra Worksheets
- Math Workbooks
- English Language Arts
- Summer Review Packets
- Social Studies
- Holidays and Events
6th Grade Math Worksheets
Count on our printable 6th grade math worksheets with answer keys for a thorough practice. With strands drawn from vital math topics like ratio, multiplication, division, fractions, common factors and multiples, rational numbers, algebraic expressions, integers, one-step equations, ordered pairs in the four quadrants, and geometry skills like determining area, surface area, and volume, organizing numerical data as dot plots, histograms and box plots, finding mean, median, and quartiles of datasets, these pdfs become your often go-to place. Grab your ticket to a great start with our free math worksheets for grade 6 students!
Select Grade 6 Math Worksheets by Topic
Explore 4,600+ Sixth Grade Math Worksheets
Division | 4-Digit by 2-Digit and 3-Digit
Divide a 4-digit number by a 2-digit or 3-digit number, starting from the largest place value and dividing your way down to the last digit to find the quotient and remainder (if any).
Drawing Shapes to Represent the Ratio
Jazz up your ratio skills with our 6th grade math worksheet pdfs. Direct students to visually represent the terms of each ratio by sketching the specified number of shapes.
Multiplying Two Fractions by Cross Cancelling
Breaking down the numerator and denominator into prime factors, cross-cancelling the common factors, and multiplying the uncancelled parts of the fraction are all grade 6 learners are expected to do!
Expressing Decimals in Words | Up to Millionths
Let your understanding of decimal place value soar to new heights as you dive into these printable 6th grade math worksheets and express decimals up to millionths in words and vice versa.
Finding the GCF of Two Numbers
Follow the step-by-step process of finding the GCF by listing out all the factors of each pair of 2-digit numbers, then compare the factors, figure out the common ones and the greatest among them is your answer.
Representation of Integers
Laying a strong foundation in integers becomes easy with a touch of real-world offered in these grade 6 math pdf worksheets, where each scenario should be represented with a positive or negative integer.
One-Step Equation: Addition and Subtraction | Integers
Rearrange the equation, making the variable the subject, and take the integer constant to the other side and change its sign, add or subtract to find the value of the unknown variable.
Identifying Ordered Pairs in All Quadrants
Get acquainted with the coordinate plane, the four quadrants, and the ordered pairs. Identify the point representing each ordered pair in Part A; and locate and write the x-y coordinates of each point in part B.
Determining the Area of a Square
Equip grade 6 children with these printable math worksheets, if practice in determining the area of a square is on your mind. Get students to square the fractional side lengths and compute the area.
Identifying Nets of 3D Shapes
Get 6th grade learners to imagine folding the 2D nets presented in this printable math worksheet along the edges and visualize the 3D shapes that can be constructed from them.
Surface Area using Nets | Counting Squares
Whether it is refining or testing skills in counting the unit squares to determine the surface area of rectangular prisms, cubes or triangular prisms from their nets, these pdfs serve the purpose.
Descriptively analyze each dataset, by rearranging the values in ascending order and figuring out the maximum and minimum values, and the lower or 1st, median or 2nd, and upper or 3rd quartiles.
Division of 5-Digit Numbers by 1-Digit and 2-Digit Divisors
Push boundaries and brush up your division skills with adequate practice provided by these exercises in dividing 5-digit numbers with single and double-digit divisors.
Ratio Word Problems | Part-to-Part
Put your analytical skills to test with our 6th grade math worksheet pdfs. Study the data given in the pictogram and answer the set of questions detecting the part-to-part ratio in each scenario.
Multiplying Mixed Numbers and Fractions
Effortlessly multiply mixed numbers and fractions by converting the mixed numbers to improper fractions, cross cancelling the common factors and then multiplying what's left over.
Become a Member
Copyright © 2023 - Math Worksheets 4 Kids
Members have exclusive facilities to download an individual worksheet, or an entire level.
Sixth Grade Math Worksheets - Free PDF Printables with No Login
Free Worksheets for Grades 6, 7, 8
Free Math Worksheets for Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth Grade (w/ Answer Keys)
The following printable math worksheets for 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th grade include a complete answer key.
Click any of the links below to download your worksheet as an easy-to-print PDF file.
Topic: Decimals, Fractions and Mixed Numbers
▶️ Simplifying Fractions Extended Practice
▶️ Adding Fractions Extended Practice
▶️ Subtracting Fractions Extended Practice
▶️ Add/Subtract Fractions and Mixed Numbers Extended Practice
▶️ Adding and Subtracting Decimals Extended Practice
▶️ Multiplying and Dividing Decimals Extended Practice
▶️ Multiplying Decimals by 10/100/1,000 Extended Practice
▶️ Multiplying Fractions by Fractions Extended Practice
▶️ Multiplying Fractions and Whole Numbers Extended Practice
▶️ Dividing Fractions Extended Practice
▶️ Naming and Rounding Decimal Places (A)
▶️ Naming and Rounding Decimal Places (B)
▶️ Converting Between Fractions & Decimals Extended Practice
Topic: Expressions, Equations, and Inequalities
Graphing Inequalities on the Number Line
Graphing Inequalities on the Number Line (One-Step Equations)
Graphing Inequalities on the Number Line (Two-Step Equations)
Practice: Identifying 3D Figures
Finding Volume: Spheres
Finding Volume: Square and Rectangular Prisms
Finding Volume: Cylinders
Finding Volume: Cones
Finding Surface Area: Spheres
Finding Surface Area: Square and Rectangular Prisms
Finding Surface Area: Cylinders
Finding Surface Area: Cones
Topic: Fundamental Skills
▶️ Extended Practice: Order of Operations
▶️ Extended Practice: Rounding Decimals and Integers
Practice: Mean, Median, and Mode
Squares and Square Roots (Easy)
Squares and Square Roots (Intermediate)
Squares and Square Roots (Advanced)
▶️ Extended Practice: Finding GCF and LCM
Factoring Positive Integers
Practice: Prime Factorization
Practice: Factoring Monomials
Topic: Exponents and Square Roots
Perfect Squares and Square Roots
Practice: Power Rule of Exponents
Topic: Data Tables, Graphs, and Charts
Scatter Plots (Identifying Correlation)
▶️ Mean, Median, and Mode Playing Cards Activity
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges for Older Kids
- Kindergarten Thanksgiving
- 1st Grade Thanksgiving
- 2nd Grade Thanksgiving
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Add & Subtract
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
6th Grade Math Worksheets Hub Page
Welcome to our 6th Grade Math Worksheets hub page.
This is a new hub page and currently under development - so there will be more 6th grade resources on the way soon!
Here you will find a wide range of free printable worksheets that follow the standards for 6th Grade .
Come and take a look at our adding subtracting fractions page, or our 6th grade math games page. Looking for some help with algebra? We have some basic algebra worksheets too.
- This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
6th Grade Math Learning
Here are the standards for the end of the year for 6th Grade.
- Find the greatest common factor of whole numbers up to 100.
- Find the least common multiple of two whole numbers up to 12.
- Recognise opposite signs of numbers (positive and negative) as being on opposite sides of 0 on a number line.
- Recognise that the opposite of the opposite of a number is the number itself e.g. -(-7) = 7
- Understand a rational number as a point on a number line.
- Find and position rational numbers on a range of number lines.
- Understand the absolute value of a number.
- Write, interpret and explain statements about rational numbers, such as -3°C > -7°C
- Write and evaluate expressions involving whole number exponents.
- Fluently divide multi-digit numbers.
- Fluently add, subtract, multiply and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm.
- Find the percentage of a quantity as a rate per 100.
- Divide fractions by fractions using visual models.
- Solve problems involving dividing fractions by fractions.
- Understand the concept of ratio and use ratio language.
- Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ratio a:b.
- Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve a range of problems.
- Write, read, and evaluate expressions in which letters stand for numbers
- Identify parts of an expression using mathematical terms (sum, term, product, factor, quotient, coefficient);
- Evaluate expressions at specific values of the variables of different formulas.
- Apply the properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions, e.g. 10 + 5y = 5(2 + y).
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Write an inequality of the for x<c or x>c to represent a constraint or condition.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables.
- Develop understanding of statistical variability
- Summarize and describe distributions
- Display numerical data in plots on a number line, including dot plots, histograms, and box plots
- Find the median and the mean of a set of data.
- Find the interquartile range and/or mean absolute deviation and describe patterns in data.
- Find the area of right triangles, other triangles, special quadrilaterals, and polygons.
- Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths
- Apply the formulas V = l w h and V = b h to find volumes of right rectangular prisms.
- Draw polygons in the coordinate plane given coordinates for the vertices.
- Use coordinates to find the length of a side joining points with the same first coordinate or the same second coordinate.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems by graphing points in all four quadrants of the coordinate plane.
- Represent three-dimensional figures using nets made up of rectangles and triangles.
- Use the nets to find the surface area of these figures
6th Grade Math Worksheets
On this page you will find link to our range of math worksheets for 6th grade.
Quicklinks to 6th Grade ...
- 6th Grade Place Value
- 6th Grade Number Sense Zone
- Addition and Subtraction
Word Problems Zone
Fractions Percentages Ratio Zone
- Percentages Zone
- Algebra Zone
- Geometry Worksheets
- Area & Perimeter Worksheets
- Converting Measures Worksheets
Data Analysis Zone
- Fun Zone: games and puzzles
6th Grade Place Value Zone
Ordering Numbers, including Negative Numbers, Decimals to 3dp and Rational Numbers
The sheets in this section involve negative numbers, decimals to 3 decimal places, and a range of rational numbers.
There are sheets with decimals up to 10, and also sheets with numbers from -10 to 10.
- Ordering Decimals to 3dp
- Ordering Negative Numbers -10 to 10
- Ordering and Comparing Rational Numbers
Rounding Decimals and Significant Figures
- Rounding Decimal Places Sheets to 2dp
- Rounding Decimals Worksheet Challenges
- Rounding Significant Figures Worksheets
6th Grade Number Sense Worksheets
Here you will find a range of 6th Grade Number Worksheets covering skills connected to Numbers and the Number System.
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- understand how to use inequalities including where you have two values
- understand how to use exponents (powers) of a number;
- find the greatest common factors of two numbers up to 100
- find the least common multiple of two numbers up to 12.
- extend their knowledge of prime and composite (non-prime) numbers up to 100;
- know and be able to use the PEMDAS (or PEDMAS) rule.
- understand and use absolute value
- Inequalities on a Number Line
- Writing Inequalities from Word Problems
Factors and Multiples 6th Grade Worksheets
- Greatest Common Factor Worksheets
- Least Common Multiple Worksheets
- Factor Tree Worksheets (easier)
- Prime Factorization Worksheets (harder)
PEMDAS and Order of Operations Worksheets
- PEMDAS Rule Support Page
- PEMDAS Problems Worksheets 5th Grade
- 6th Grade Order of Operations
- Absolute Value Worksheets
Roman Numerals Worksheets
- Roman Numerals worksheets
6th Grade Mental Math Quizzes
Here you will find a range of printable mental math 6th grade quizzes for your child to enjoy.
Each worksheet tests the children on a range of math topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, fraction and measures questions.
A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly math quiz!
- Mental Math Worksheets 6th Grade
Top of Page
4 Operations Zone
Decimal counting worksheets.
Using these sheets will support you child to:
- count on and back by multiples of 0.1;
- fill in the missing numbers in sequences;
- count on and back into negative numbers.
- find number bonds to 1;
- Counting By Decimals
- Decimal Number Bonds to 1
6th Grade Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
The following 6th grade math worksheets involve using addition and subtraction with a range of different number types.
- add and subtract decimals up to 3dp;
- add a columns of multi-digit numbers, including decimals.
- add and subtract positive and negative integers
The addition worksheet generator below will create a range of addition problems in columns, including decimals.
- Addition With Regrouping Worksheet Generator
- Subtraction With Regrouping Worksheet Generator
- Adding Positive and Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
- Subtracting Positive and Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
- Adding and Subtracting Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
6th Grade Multiplication Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Free Printable 5th Grade Multiplication Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve using the 6th Grade Math skills of multiplying multi-digit numbers, including decimals.
- extend their knowlege of multiplication to decimals;
- use their multiplication tables to answer related facts, including decimals;
- multiply a range of decimals by a whole number;
- multiply positive and negative numbers.
- Multiplying Decimals by Whole Numbers
- Negative Number Multiplication (randomly generated)
- Multiply and Divide Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
6th Grade Division Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Free Printable 6th Grade Division Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve using the 6th Grade Math skills of dividing multi-digit numbers, including decimals, and solving division problems.
Using these sheets will help your child learn to:
- divide multi-digit numbers by one and 2-digit numbers;
- divide decimals.
- Divisibility Rules Worksheets
- Decimal Division Facts
- Long Division of Decimal Numbers
- Dividing Negative Numbers (randomly generated)
6th Grade Math Problems
Here you will find our selection of free 6th grade math word problems.
Each sheet is availabel in both standard and metric units (where applicable).
Each sheet comes complete with a separate answer sheet.
All the problems are based around 'real life' such as the planets, heights of mountains, or length of rivers.
Using these sheet will help your child to:
- apply their addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills;
- apply their knowledge of rounding and place value;
- solve a range of problems including "real life" problems and ratio problems.
- 6th Grade Percent Word Problems
- Fractions Worksheets
- Percentage Worksheets
- Ratio Worksheets
6th Grade Fraction Worksheets
Here you will find a range of free printable 6th Grade Fraction Worksheets.
At 6th Grade level, children are introduced to adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators. They know and can use equivalent fractions, and can multiply and divide fractions by whole numbers, as well as mixed numbers.
- add and subtract fractions and mixed numbers;
- understand how to multiply fractions by a whole number;
- understand how to multiply two fractions together, including mixed fractions;
- understand the relationship between fractions and division;
- know how to divide fractions and mixed fractions;
- convert decimals to fractions.
- Multiplying Fractions Worksheets
- Multiplying Mixed Fractions
- How to Divide Fractions
- Dividing Fractions by Whole numbers
- Divide Whole numbers by Fractions
- How to Divide Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying and Dividing Fractions (Randomly Generated)
- Add Subtract Multiply Divide Fractions (Randomly Generated)
- Free Printable Fraction Riddles (harder)
- Fractions Decimals Percents Worksheets
6th Grade Percentage Worksheets
Take a look at our percentage worksheets for finding the percentage of a number or money amount.
We have a range of percentage sheets from quite a basic level to much harder.
- Percentage of Numbers Worksheets
- Money Percentage Worksheets
6th Grade Ratio and Unit Rate Worksheets
These 5th grade ratio worksheets are a great way to introduce this concept.
We have a range of part to part ratio worksheets and slightly harder problem solving worksheets.
- Ratio Part to Part Worksheets
- Ratio and Proportion Worksheets
- The Definition of Unit Rate
- Unit Rate Problems 6th Grade
6th Grade Algebra Worksheets
If you are looking for some 6th grade algebra worksheets to use with your child to help them understand simple equations then try our selection of basic algebra worksheets.
There are a range of 6th grade math worksheets covering the following concepts:
- Generate the algebra - and write your own algebraic expressions;
- Calculate the algebra - work out the value of different expressions;
- Solve the algebra - find the value of the term in the equation.
- Use the distributive property to factorize and expand different expressions
- 6th Grade Distributive Property Worksheets
- Expressions and Equations 6th Grade
- Basic Algebra Worksheets (6th & 7th Grade)
Geometry & Measurement Zone
Quicklinks to ...
6th Grade Geometry Worksheets
Here is our range of 6th grade Geometry worksheets.
- Geometry Nets Information and Worksheets
- Parts of a Circle Worksheets
- Coordinate Plane Worksheets (All 4 Quadrants)
6th Grade Area & Perimeter Worksheets
- Area of Parallelogram Worksheets
- Area of Quadrilaterals
- Area of Right Triangle
- Square Inside a Circle Area Support Page
- Surface Area Worksheet 6th Grade
6th Grade Measurement Worksheets
- Convert Customary Units of Length Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Convert Customary Units of Capacity Worksheets (randomly generated)
Find links to our 6th grade Statistics worksheets below.
Using these 6th grade math worksheets will help you to:
- find the mean of up to 5 numbers;
- find a missing data point when the mean is given.
- find the median of a set of data.
- Median Worksheets
- Mean Worksheets
- Mode and Range Worksheets
- Mean Median Mode and Range Worksheets
- Dot Plot Worksheets
- Box Plot Worksheets
Fun Zone: Puzzles, Games and Riddles
- 6th Grade Math Games
Here you will find a range of free printable 6th Grade Math games.
All children like to play Math games, and you will find a good range of Grade 6 Math Games here for your child to play and enjoy.
The following games involve different 5th Grade Math activities which you and your child can enjoy together.
- Algebra Math Games
6th Grade Math Puzzles
Here you will find a range of printable 6th grade math puzzles for your child to enjoy.
The puzzles will help your child practice and apply their addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts as well as developing their thinking and reasoning skills in a fun and engaging way.
Using these puzzles will help your child to:
- learn and practice their addition facts, including decimals;
- practice their subtraction facts, including decimals;
- practice and apply multiplication and division facts;
- develop problem solving skills and reasoning.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 steps to get your worksheets printed perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return from 6th Grade Math Worksheets to Math Salamanders Homepage
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
- Puzzles & Challenges
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
- 6th Grade Math
- Mixed operations
6th Grade mixed operations made easy: Free printable worksheets
Are your students ready to have some fun with mixed operations? Then check out our free printable 6 th Grade mixed operations worksheets, made easy for students to solve problems with multiple operations enjoyably.
If you are in 6 th Grade, you have probably mastered how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. That sounds interesting, but there’s a lot more to learn! 6 th graders must know which operations to solve first if two or more are combined in one problem.
The best Resource for Grade 6 Mixed Operations: Worksheets, Examples, and Exercises
Are you a teacher or a parent looking for the best resource to help your grade 6 students master mixed operations ? Look no further! We understand the importance of providing comprehensive materials that cover all aspects of this crucial math topic. Our collection of grade 6 Mathskills4kids ’ mixed operations worksheets, examples, and exercises are designed to engage students and enhance their learning experience.
With a wide range of carefully crafted worksheets, detailed examples, and challenging exercises, our resource perfectly balances practicing fundamental skills and challenging students to think critically. Whether you teach in a classroom setting or homeschool, our resource will provide the tools you need to ensure your student's success.
Say goodbye to dull and repetitive worksheets and say hello to an interactive and engaging learning experience.
BROWSE THE WEBSITE
Download free worksheets, grade 6 math topics.
- Whole numbers
- Exponents and square roots
- Number theory
- Add & subtract decimals
- Multiply & divide decimals
- Fractions & mixed numbers
- Add & subtract fractions
- Multiply fractions
- Divide fractions
- Operations with integers
- Rational numbers
- Problems solving
- Ratio & proportions
- Measuring units
- Consumer math
- Telling time
- Coordinate graph
- Algebraic expressions
- One step equations
- Solve & graph inequalities
- Two-step equations
- 2D Geometry
- Symmetry & transformation
- Geometry measurement
- Data and Graphs
Start practice on Sixth Grade here
Importance of practicing mixed operations in 6th grade.
Mixed operations are problems that involve more than one arithmetic operation. For example, 3 + 4 x 5 is a mixed operation problem that involves addition and multiplication. Mixed operations are important for practice in 6 th Grade because they help students develop their number sense, mental math skills, and problem-solving abilities.
They also prepare students for more advanced math topics like fractions, decimals, percentages, algebra, and geometry. By practicing with Mathskills4kids 6 th Grade mixed operations made easy, students will be able to:
- Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS) correctly and consistently
- Simplify expressions with parentheses, brackets, and exponents
- Perform calculations with positive and negative numbers
- Estimate and check the reasonableness of their answers
- Communicate their mathematical thinking clearly and logically
Types of mixed operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Students will encounter four types of mixed operations in 6th grade: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division . Each type has rules and strategies that students need to know and apply. Here are some examples of each type of mixed operation:
- Addition : Adding two or more numbers together. For example, 12 + 7 + 5 = 24.
- Subtraction : Taking away one number from another. For example, 20 - 8 - 4 = 8.
- Multiplication : Repeated addition of the same number. For example, 3 x 4 = 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12.
- Division : Splitting a number into equal parts or groups. For example, 12 ÷ 3 = 4.
Worksheets for Grade 6 mixed operations
One of the best ways to practice and master mixed operations is to use worksheets. Worksheets are printable or digital sheets that contain a set of problems for students to solve. Worksheets can help students:
- Review and reinforce what they have learned in class
- Practice their skills independently and at their own pace
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor their progress and improvement
- Prepare for tests and quizzes
Worksheets for grade 6 mixed operations can be found online or in books. They can vary in difficulty, format, and content. Some worksheets may focus on one type of mixed operation, while others may include a mix of all four types. Some worksheets may provide hints or examples, while others may require students to figure out the problems independently. Some worksheets may have multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blank questions, while others may have open-ended or word problems.
Set of rules for solving 6 th Grade mixed operation problems
To solve mixed operation problems , we must follow the order of operations, i.e., a set of rules that tells which operation to do first. The order of operations is:
- Parentheses : Do the calculations inside parentheses first.
- Exponents : Calculate the powers or roots next.
- Multiplication and Division : Do these operations from left to right.
- Addition and Subtraction : Do these operations from left to right.
Here are some examples of how to apply the order of operations to solve mixed operation problems.
Example 1 : 3 x (4 + 5) - 6 ÷ 2
- First, do the calculation inside the parentheses: 4 + 5 = 9
- Then, multiply by 3: 3 x 9 = 27
- Next, divide by 2: 6 ÷ 2 = 3
- Finally, subtract from 27: 27 - 3 = 24
The answer is 24.
Example 2 : (2 x 3)² + (4 - 1)³
- First, do the calculations inside the parentheses: 2 x 3 = 6 and 4 - 1 = 3
- Then, raise to the power of 2 and 3: 6² = 36 and 3³ = 27
- Finally, add them together: 36 + 27 = 63
The answer is 63.
Examples of 6 th Grade mixed operation problems made easy at Mathskills4kids.com
To have an idea of what grade 6 mixed operation problems look like, here are some examples from Mathskills4kids.com :
Example 1 : Simplify the expression: (8 - 2) x (5 + 3) ÷ (4 -1)
Step 1 : Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Parentheses first.
(8 - 2) x (5 + 3) ÷ (4 -1)
= (6) x (8) ÷ (3)
Step 2 : Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Exponents next. There are no exponents in this expression.
(6) x (8) ÷ (3)
Step 3 : Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Multiplication and division from left to right.
= 48 ÷ 3
Step 4 : Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Addition and subtraction from left to right. There are no addition or subtraction in this expression.
48 ÷ 3
Answer : 16
Example 2 : Evaluate the expression: -3 x (-2) + 4 x (-1)
Step 1 : Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Parentheses first. There are no parentheses in this expression.
-3 x (-2) + 4 x (-1)
Step 3: Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Multiplication and division from left to right.
Step 4 : Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS): Addition and subtraction from left to right.
10 exercises for practicing Grade 6 mixed operations
Please, encourage your students to try these exercises to practice their skills in solving mixed operation problems . They can check their answers at the end of this article.
- (5 + 7) x (8 - 3)
- (9 - 4)² + (6 x 2)³
- (12 ÷ 4) x (3 + 5) - (7 - 2)
- (10 - 6) x (4 + 2)²
- (8 x 3) ÷ (2 + 4) + (5 - 1)
- (7 x 5) - (6 + 4)²
- (9 + 3) ÷ (6 - 2) x (4² - 1)
- (5 x 4)³ - (8 ÷ 2)²
- (6 + 2) x (7 - 3) + (9 ÷ 3)²
- (8 - 4)³ + (10 ÷ 2) x (5 +1)
Tips for mastering Grade 6 mixed operations
Here are some tips to help 6 th graders master mixed operations.
- Review the order of operations and memorize it.
- Use parentheses to group the calculations that need to be done first.
- Use a calculator or a pencil and paper to check your work.
- Practice with different types of problems, such as word problems, fractions, decimals, and negative numbers.
- Challenge yourself with more complex problems that involve multiple steps and operations.
Bonus: additional resources for Grade 6 mixed operations
If you want to help your Grade 6 students learn more about mixed operations and practice their skills, here are some web links with descriptions that you can use.
- https://www.mathsisfun.com/operation-order-pemdas.html : This website explains the order of operations in detail and provides examples and interactive exercises.
- https://www.math-drills.com/orderofoperations.php : This website offers free printable worksheets for practicing mixed operations with different difficulty levels.
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/arith-review-order-of-operations : This website provides video lessons and quizzes on the order of operations and mixed operations.
- https://www.mathplayground.com/order_of_operations.html : This website has fun games and puzzles that test students' knowledge of the order of operations and mixed operations.
Thank you for sharing the links of MathSkills4Kids.com with your loved ones. Your choice is greatly appreciated.
Mixed operations are an important skill to master in Grade 6 math. They help us solve complex problems that involve different types of calculations.
Using Mathskills4kids and other resources suggested in this article, students can improve their understanding of the order of operations and practice their skills in solving mixed operation problems.
They can also challenge themselves with more advanced problems and have fun with games and puzzles. We hope you enjoyed this article and learned something new!
WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?
This is mathskills4kids.com a premium math quality website with original Math activities and other contents for math practice. We provide 100% free Math ressources for kids from Preschool to Grade 6 to improve children skills.
Data & Graphs
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Our team Don't Pass on to third parties any identifiable information about mathskills4kids.com users. Your email address and other information will NEVER be given or sold to a third party.
USE OF CONTENTS
Many contents are released for free but you're not allowed to share content directly (we advise sharing website links), don't use these contents on another website or for a commercial issue. You're supposed to protect downloaded content and take it for personal or classroom use. Special rule : Teachers can use our content to teach in class.
- Top Resources
- Coding for Kids with Math
- Mad Minute Timed Math Drills
- Math Challenges - Puzzles and Brain Teasers
- Math Facts Practice
- Math Minutes
- Mental Math
- Number Sense
- Number Theory
- Place Value
- Read and Math
- Word Problems
- Common Core
- Read and Write
- Homework Books
- Fast Finishers
- Critical Thinking
- Literature Units
- Social Studies
- Reading Skills
- United States
- Learning Centers
- Free Worksheets
Sixth Grade Math Worksheets
In the sixth grade, math instruction should focus on connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division; using the concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems; completing the understanding of the division of fractions; extending the notion of number to the system of rational numbers (which includes negative numbers); writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations; and developing an understanding of statistical thinking. the quick, easy-to-print math worksheets on this page cover everything your sixth-grade students need to know. prepare sixth graders for higher-level math with in-depth, comprehensive, and fun worksheets that cover the four basic mathematical operations, algebraic equations, number theory, fractions, decimals, geometry, probability, critical thinking, and much more. create dynamic, personalized worksheets quickly and easily complete sixth-grade math workbooks allow teachers to take back their weekends and provide students with the engaging practice they need to become confident in math..
Math Assessments and Hybrid AI Learning (6th grade)
This Week's Math Review Book for Sixth Graders - Updated Each Week
Sixth Grade Math Minutes
Math Problem of the day - Robot helps kids answer a challenging question.
6th grade Monthly Math Challenge Book
Sixth Grade Math Puzzle Worksheets
Sixth Grade Mad Minute Timed Math Drill Worksheets
Sixth Grade Coding for Kids with Math
This Week's Reading and Math Book for Sixth Graders
Mental Math Practice Problems
Sixth Grade Math Assessment Practice PDF Pages
Addition Mixed Math PDF Book
Assessment Mixed Math PDF Book
Data Mixed Math PDF Book
Sixth grade math curriculum: what students will learn.
The Common Core Standards for sixth-grade math cover: understanding ratio concepts and using ratio reasoning to solve problems; applying and extending previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions; computing fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples; applying and extending previous understandings of numbers to the system of rational numbers; applying and extending previous understandings of arithmetic to algebraic expressions; reasoning about and solving one-variable equations and inequalities; representing and analyzing quantitative relationships between dependent and independent variables; solving real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume; developing an understanding of statistical variability; and summarizing and describing distributions. Sixth-grade math is where students first encounter algebra and learn about algebraic expressions, one-variable equations and inequalities, integers, and ratios. By studying fractions and decimals in-depth, students expand their understanding of rational numbers. Sixth graders will also study statistics, and learn to summarize and describe distributions using measures of center and variability. Ratios are introduced, and students study topics such as rates, unit rates, equivalent ratios, and problem-solving using bar models. Sixth-grade students are also taught the concept of percentages, which is an important topic to learn because it has many applications in daily life. The engaging, thoughtfully designed sixth-grade math worksheets take students past the basic skills they've mastered in previous years and introduce brand-new concepts. Topics are addressed in unique ways to capture the attention of your aspiring mathematicians. Students enjoy working on these worksheets and puzzles, making math practice fun and exciting! Create your own worksheets tailored to your curriculum, quickly and easily! This is a valuable, no-prep teaching resource for overworked teachers and homeschooling parents.