Art For Kids Hub
Art projects for kids and the whole family!
Symmetry Art Activity – 5 Free Coloring Pages
The dragonfly post was such a hit with my little guy, Jack, I had to make more. Be sure to check out the original symmetry art activity , if you haven’t already.
So, here’s five more activities to download for free! Once you print them, have your kid fold the paper down the dotted line. Then place the paper on a window (you can even use a small strip of tape to hold it in place). Next have your kid trace the lines to complete the other side.
A different way to do this activity is with paint. Have your kid paint the side with lines, then while the paint is still wet fold the paper along the dotted lines (with the paint on the inside). This will transfer the wet paint to the other side, completing the image. My kids preferred this method, it seemed very magical .
If you like these free downloads, be sure to check out our 10 Free Coloring Pages – Bug Symmetry !
Cartoon Face (Rob)
Download Symmetry Face Activity as a PDF.
Download Symmetry Spider Activity as a PDF.
Download Symmetry Turtle Activity as a PDF.
Download Symmetry Cat Activity as a PDF.
Download Symmetry Butterfly Activity as a PDF.
- Number Chart
- Number Counting
- Skip Counting
- Tracing – Number Tracing
- Numbers – Missing
- Numbers – Least to Greatest
- Before & After Numbers
- Greater & Smaller Number
- Number – More or Less
- Numbers -Fact Family
- Numbers – Place Value
- Even & Odd
- Tally Marks
- Fraction Addition
- Fraction Circles
- Fraction Model
- Fraction Subtraction
- Fractions – Comparing
- Fractions – Equivalent
- Decimal Addition
- Decimal Model
- Decimal Subtraction
- Addition – Picture
- Addition – 1 Digit
- Addition – 2 Digit
- Addition – 3 Digit
- Addition – 4 Digit
- Addition – Missing Addend
- Addition Regrouping
- Addition Word Problems
- Subtraction – Picture
- Subtraction – 1 Digit
- Subtraction – 2 Digit
- Subtraction – 3 Digit
- Subtraction – 4 Digit
- Subtraction Regrouping
- Multiplication – Repeated Addition
- Times Tables
- Times Table – Times Table Chart
- Multiplication – Horizontal
- Multiplication – Vertical
- Multiplication-1 Digit
- Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit
- Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit
- Squares – Perfect Squares
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Square Root
- Division – Long Division
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder
- Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder
- Division – Sharing
- Time – Elapsed Time
- Time – Clock Face
- Pan Balance Problems
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Math Worksheets on Graph Paper
- Preschool Worksheets
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Tag: finish the drawing symmetry worksheets ·
- Home Preschool Kindergarten First Grade Math Pinterest
- Book Report Critical Thinking Pattern Cut and Paste Patterns Pattern – Number Patterns Pattern – Shape Patterns Pattern – Line Patterns Easter Feelings & Emotions Grades Fifth Grade First Grade First Grade – Popular First Grade Fractions Fourth Grade Kindergarten Worksheets Kindergarten Addition Kindergarten Subtraction PreK Worksheets Preschool Worksheets Color, Trace & Draw Coloring Color by Number Spring Cut and Paste Activities Cut and Paste Letters Cut and Paste Numbers Cut and Paste Shapes Cut and Paste Worksheets Dot to Dot Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-10 Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-20 Dot to Dot – Tracing Dot to Dot – Letter – a-z Dot to Dot – Numbers 1-50 Fruits and Vegetables Modes of Transportation Opposites Preschool Matching Worksheets Scissor Cutting Skills Size – Same and Different Size Comparison Size – Big Bigger Biggest Size – Longest and Shortest Size – Shortest and Tallest Size – Smallest and Biggest Tracing Pre Writing Worksheets Tracing – Line Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Shape Tracing – Preschool Tracing – Picture Tracing Tracing – Picture Tracing – Popular Trace and Draw Tracing – Spiral Tracing Second Grade Second Grade – Popular Third Grade Graphing Graph – Trace and Draw Graphing – Count and Graph Halloween Worksheets Pumpkin Worksheets Letter Alphabet Coloring Letter – Coloring Letter – Mazes Letters – Alphabet Chart Letters – Before and After Letters – Capital Letters Letters -Uppercase Letters Letters – Uppercase and Lowercase Letters -Missing Letters Letters -Small Letters Letters -Lowercase Letters Tracing – Letter Tracing Uppercase and Lowercase Math Addition Addition – 1 Digit Addition – 1 More Addition – 10 more Addition – 2 Digit Addition – 3 Digit Addition – 4 Digit Addition – Add and Match Addition – Add and Multiply Addition – Add Tens Addition – Adding 3 Numbers Addition – Adding 4 Numbers Addition – Basic Addition Facts Addition – Dice Addition – Making 10 Addition – Making 5 Addition – Missing Addend Addition – No Regrouping Addition – Number Line Addition – Picture Addition – Popular Addition – Repeated Addition Addition – Sums up to 10 Addition – Sums up to 20 Addition – Sums up to 30 Addition – Ways to Make a Number Addition – Sums up to 5 Addition Doubles Addition Doubles Plus One Addition Regrouping Addition Sentences Addition/Subtraction Addition/Subtraction – 1 More 1 Less Addition/Subtraction – 10 More 10 Less Algebra Algebraic Reasoning Balancing Equations Equations Pan Balance Problems Brain Teasers Decimal Decimal Addition Decimal Model Decimal Subtraction Dice Worksheets Division Division – Long Division Division – Sharing Division-2Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Division-2Digit by1Digit-With Remainder Division-3Digit by1Digit-No Remainder Fraction Fraction Addition Fraction Circles Fraction Circles Template Fraction Model Fraction Subtraction Fractions – Coloring Fractions – Comparing Fractions – Equivalent Fractions – Halves Geometry Polygon Magic Squares Magic Triangles Math Worksheets on Graph Paper Multiplication Multiplication – Basic Facts Multiplication – Cubes Multiplication – Horizontal Multiplication – Popular Multiplication – Quiz Multiplication – Repeated Addition Multiplication – Test Multiplication – Vertical Multiplication Target Circles Multiplication-1 Digit Multiplication-2 Digit by 2 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 1 Digit Multiplication-3 Digit by 2 Digit Squares – Perfect Squares Times Tables Times Table – 10 Times Table Times Table – 11 Times Table Times Table – 12 Times Table Times Table – 2 Times Table Times Table – 3 Times Table Times Table – 4 Times Table Times Table – 5 Times Table Times Table – 6 Times Table Times Table – 7 Times Table Times Table – 8 Times Table Times Table – 9 Times Table Times Table – Popular Times Table – Times Table Chart Times Tables – Advanced Times Tables 2 -12 – 1 Worksheet Number Number – Comparing Number – More or Less Number – Greater & Smaller Number – Hundreds Number – Ordinal Numbers Number Bonds Number Chart Number Coloring Number Counting Number – Count How Many Number Counting – Dice Numbers – Count and Match Numbers – Before, After, and Between Numbers 1-20 – Before & After Numbers – Even & Odd Numbers – Missing Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-15 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Missing Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers Numbers – Least to Greatest Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-10 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-100 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-20 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-30 Numbers – Ordering Numbers 1-50 Numbers – Place Value Numbers – Ten Frames Numbers – Tens and Ones Numbers -Fact Family Numbers 1 – 10 Numbers 1 – 100 Numbers 1 – 20 Numbers 1 – 30 Numbers 1 – 50 Numbers 1 – 15 Numbers 1-120 Part Part Whole Skip Counting Skip Counting – Count by 1000s Skip Counting – Count by 100s Skip Counting – Count by 10s Skip Counting – Count by 2s Skip Counting – Count by 5s Skip Counting – Popular Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, and10s Tracing – Number Tracing Percent Puzzles Regrouping – Addition and Subtraction Shapes Shape – Match Shapes Shape – Mazes Shape Names Shapes – Popular Square Root Subtraction Subtraction – 1 Digit Subtraction – 1 Less Subtraction – 10 Less Subtraction – 2 Digit Subtraction – 3 Digit Subtraction – 4 Digit Subtraction – Missing Minuends Subtraction – Missing Subtrahends Subtraction – No Regrouping Subtraction – Number Line Subtraction – Picture Subtraction – Subtract and Match Subtraction – Subtract Tens Subtraction – Within 10 Subtraction – Within 20 Subtraction – Within 5 Subtraction Regrouping Subtraction Sentences Symmetry Tally Marks Time Time – Clock Face Time – Draw the hands Time – Elapsed Time Time – Elapsed Time Ruler Time – Telling Time Word Problems Addition Word Problems Multiplication Word Problems Subtraction Word Problems Missing Operator Most Popular Math Worksheets Most Popular Preschool and Kindergarten Worksheets Most Popular Worksheets New Worksheets Phonics Phonics – Beginning Sounds Phonics – Ending Sounds Phonics – Middle Sounds Preschool and Kindergarten – Mazes Printable Posters Charts Science Life Cycle Spelling Spelling – Days of the Week Spelling – Months of the Year Spelling – Numbers in Words Spot the difference Theme Worksheets Theme – Animal Theme – Dinosaur Theme – Cloud Theme – Flower Theme – Fruit Theme – Transport Theme – Aeroplane Theme – Car Theme – Rocket Theme – Train Theme – Truck Thinking Skills Analogies Worksheets Picture Analogies Preschool – Connect other half Top Worksheets Uncategorized Writing
Draw the other half – Ladybug – One Worksheet
- 1st Grade Free Worksheets
- 1st Grade Worksheet
- 1st Grade Worksheets
- complete the drawing
- count spots
- Draw the missing half of the picture
- Draw the other half
- Equal parts
- finish the drawing
- finish the drawing symmetry worksheets
- finish the drawing worksheets
- finish the picture
- first grade
- First Grade Worksheet
- first grade worksheets
- grid drawing
- grid drawing worksheets
- Grid for drawing
- half and half
- half and half picture
- Half Drawing
- lady bug worksheets
- ladybug spots
- ladybug themed
- ladybug worksheets
- line of symmetry
- lines of symmetry
- Simple Grid Drawing
- Symmetrical Figure
- Symmetrical Figures
- Symmetry Worksheet
- Symmetry Worksheets
Draw the other half – Flower – One Worksheet
- spring worksheet
- spring worksheets
Draw the other half – Car – One Worksheet
Feelings And Emotions – Draw the other half – Smiley Face – Mad & Surprised – One Worksheet
- basic feelings
- basic feelings of anger
- Behavior Worksheets
- Emotions worksheets
- Feelings And Emotions Worksheets
- Free Emotions worksheets
- happiness and sadness
- how do i feel?
- smiley face
- smiley faces
Feelings And Emotions – Draw the other half – Smiley Face – Happy & Sad – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – Sun – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – Triangle, Circle, Rectangle, Square, Heart, Oval – One Worksheet
- Preschool – Shapes
Draw the other half – Spider – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – Owl – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – Rocket – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – Bee – One Worksheet
Draw the other half – Butterfly – One Worksheet
Scroll to Top
Fun Stuff for Kids and Their Grown-Ups
Free Printable Symmetry Drawing Worksheets
Published by Chrysa on August 22, 2022 | Updated August 31, 2022 | 1 Comment
With these free printable symmetry drawing worksheets kids can practice drawing symmetrical pictures to begin to understand the concept of symmetry.
Kids have a natural inclination to understand the concept of symmetry. They will often seek out symmetry in the form of order and balance in their world.
You can see them arranging toys and other objects into lines, rows or patterns. The idea of symmetry comes naturally at a young age, even if the concept isn’t fully developed.
These symmetry drawing prompts help kids to learn about symmetry and build on that natural instinct to seek out balance and order. It combines both this basic math concept and art into one activity.
With these 10 free printable symmetry drawing activities for kids they can practice drawing symmetrical pictures and begin to understand the mathematical concept of symmetry.
Introducing Kids to the Concept of Symmetry
When giving the symmetry drawing activity worksheets to kids, explain that they just need to draw the other half of the image, using the given side as an example.
Once they have completed the worksheets (or at least a few of them) is the perfect time to then explain the meaning of the word symmetry.
Explain that something is symmetrical when it is the same on both sides. An image or shape has symmetry if a central dividing line (a line down the center) show that both sides of the line are exactly the same.
Another explanation of the concept is if the two sides of a picture are mirror-image halves. Using lightweight paper, if you fold the page in half along the dividing line you can then hold it up to the light and see that both sides match.
This activity packet includes 10 different images that allow the kids to duplicate the design on the other half of the dotted line.
Once they have drawn the other half of the image, they can add some flair by coloring in the complete image with markers, crayons or colored pencils.
Print the Free Printable Symmetry Drawing Worksheets HERE .
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
I’m a busy blogger and happy auntie of Little R, who I spend time with several days per week – which ends up being the FAVORITE part of my week! We love to cook together, do crafts, play outside and turn boring errands into fun adventures.
- Free Printable Santa Letter
- ABCmouse Black Friday Deal 2023 - Over 70% Off! + FREE GIFT! EXTENDED
- Printable Pumpkin Pie Maze for Thanksgiving Fun
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
September 4, 2022 at 8:04 pm
Love the activity
- 4th of July
- Cinco de Mayo
- Groundhog Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Mother’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
HOME > Maths > Shape, Space and Measures > Symmetry
Symmetrical Autumn Leaf Mirror Pictures (SB3175)
Symmetrical half- pictures of various Autumn leaves for children to complete by placing a mirror against the line.
Symmetrical Autumn Leaf Matching Activity (SB6434)
A set of symmetrical Autumn leaves that can be cut in half for children to match the halves together.
Butterfly Symmetry Activity (SB7927)
A set of printable activity sheets where children arrange coloured shapes on the butterflies to make them symmetrical.
Symmetry Mirror Pictures (SB3998)
A set of colourful half- pictures with mirror lines for children to complete using a mirror. 3 pictures to a page.
Blank Coloured Ladybirds/Beetles (SB7971)
A set of A4- sized blank (no spots) ladybirds/beetles in a variety of colours. Great for all sorts of uses: maths counter games, symmetry activities, pupil sticker (spots) reward cards, colour recognition and more!
Symmetrical Christmas Objects Mirror Pictures (SB9079)
Symmetrical half- pictures of various Christmas objects for children to complete by placing a mirror against the line.
Symmetrical Christmas Objects Matching Activity (SB9080)
A set of symmetrical Christmas objects that can be cut in half for children to match the halves together.
Easter Egg Symmetry (SB10431)
A set of half- patterned Easter eggs that can be used for mirror symmetry or for children to complete the other half with the corresponding symmetrical pattern.
Symmetrical Snowflakes Mirror Pictures (SB9149)
Symmetrical half- pictures of various snowflakes for children to complete by placing a mirror against the line.
Symmetrical Snowflakes Matching Activity (SB9150)
A set of symmetrical snowflakes that can be cut in half for children to match the halves together.
Pizza Toppings Symmetry Activity (SB7138)
A set of printable activity sheets where children arrange toppings on the pizzas to make them symmetrical.
Pizza Toppings Symmetry Activity - Black and White (SB10094)
Symmetrical Mirror Pictures (Small) (SB265)
A PDF document with colour symmetrical half- pictures for children to complete by placing a mirror against the line. 3 pictures to a page.
Symmetry Display Banner (SB3360)
A colourful banner for your ‘Symmetry’ display.
Symmetrical Mirror Pictures (Large) (SB266)
A PDF document with colour symmetrical half- pictures which can be completed by placing a mirror against the line. 2 pictures to a page, great for whole- class demonstrations.
Crown Jewels Symmetry Activity (SB9417)
A set of printable activity sheets where children arrange or draw coloured jewels on the crowns to make them symmetrical.
Football Pitch Symmetry Activity (SB7221)
Patterned Hearts (SB2114)
Great for maths pattern sorting activities and symmetry. Also, can be used for PSHE ‘heart partners’. Cut the hearts in half and give each child one half. They then find their ‘heart partner’ for the week.
Butterfly Symmetry Interactive Activity (SBi8)
A simple click- and- drag activity ideal for whole- class teaching and using an interactive whiteboard. Children drag the coloured shapes to make the butterfly wings symmetrical.
Blank Butterfly Symmetry Interactive Activity (SBi9)
A simple click- and- drag activity ideal for whole- class teaching and using an interactive whiteboard. Children drag the coloured shapes and make the butterfly wings symmetrical.
Rotational Symmetry Display Poster (SB12388)
A poster heading for your 'Rotational Symmetry' classroom display featuring various shapes and symbols that have rotational axes of symmetry.
Rotational Symmetry Display Banner (SB12389)
A banner heading for your 'Rotational Symmetry' classroom display featuring various shapes and symbols that have rotational axes of symmetry.
©2023 iStockphoto LP. The iStock design is a trademark of iStockphoto LP.