- Recommended Links
- Voom Fibre Business Broadband - get speeds up to 1000 Mbps
- Looking for help?
Looking for business mobile? Head to O 2
Call o 2 on 0800 028 0202 or visit o2.co.uk/business, need support with an existing virgin media business mobile contract check out our help and advice pages if you have received an email or sms regarding changes to your virgin media business mobile contract and services please call us on 0800 953 7009, virgin media have joined forces with o 2 , and they're now taking care of phones and tablets for all our small business customers. whether you’re looking for a business sim only or phone deal, mobile broadband, or the latest tablets, we’ll make sure you get great value and the best possible service. visit o 2 to check out what deals you can get., mobile sim tablet find them at o 2.
Supercharge your business with Volt
Get broadband and mobile benefits on us when you’re with both virgin media and o 2 ., call o 2 on 0800 028 0202, or visit o2 business.
Virgin Mobile for Business
Bring your business to life with brilliant packages.
What’s the secret to a successful business? We believe the answer is great connectivity. We bring you the flexibility to make connectivity work for you, whether you need the freedom of shorter term contracts, or our totally unlimited international plans. Find your perfect plan below. Looking for even more great value? Check out our range of smartphones.
Virgin Mobile Business Plans
Virgin mobile freedom.
- 5 GB 4G Data
- Unlimited Calls and Texts to Ireland
- Roam Free with EU Roaming Included
/month (excl. VAT)
Virgin Mobile Unlimited
- Unlimited 4G Data
- Unlimited Calls and Texts to Ireland and UK
- Roam Free Allowance for EU Roaming included from 32.3GB
Virgin Mobile International
- Unlimited Calls and Texts to Ireland, EU, US and Canada
- Roam Free Allowance for EU Roaming included from 51.7GB
How would you like to order?
Speak to our experts to tailor a package and take your order.
1800 940 062
Monday to friday 9am - 5.30pm, we’ll call you.
Choose a time slot and provide a few details. Our experts will call you back to take your order.
- Please enter your name Your Name
- Please enter your Business Phone Number You must enter numeric digits only Business Phone Number
- Please enter your Business Email Address You must enter a valid email address Business Email Address
- Please enter the Business name Business Name
- Business Size (optional) Small business Medium business Enterprise business Partnership Public Sector
- Callback time (optional) 9am - 10am 10am - 11am 11am - 12pm 12pm - 1pm 1pm - 2pm 2pm - 3pm 3pm - 4pm 4pm - 5pm
- Broadband and data services
- TV Services
- Cloud services
- Security services
- Comment (optional)
- I agree to the Virgin Media Ireland Ltd. Terms and Conditions
The legal stuff.
Mobile SIM Only price plans: Price plans available up to a limit of twenty-five mobile subscriptions per account (subject to application check). Maximum of one promotion per mobile number. A 30 day rolling contract on VOOM Freedom mobile plan applies. All of the inclusive minutes, texts and data in our 5GB plans can be used both within ROI and EU. A 12 month minimum contract applies to VOOM Unlimited and VOOM International plans. Our plans include landline, mobile and non-geographic calls, texts and data within the Republic of Ireland. EU Roaming is also included. All out of package national, international, premium, non-geographic and non-EU Roaming calls and texts will be charged at our standard rates. Full terms and conditions can be found here .
Mobile offer: Virgin Media Business VOOM Mobile offer of reduced rate for 12 months is valid across all price plans. After 12 months standard monthly rates of €25 per month for VOOM Freedom and VOOM Unlimited and €40 per month for VOOM International plans will apply. All prices are ex VAT. This offer is not available to existing Virgin Media Mobile customer. This offer is available to all other Virgin Media Business Customers and new customers. Terms and Conditions are available here .
Fair Usage Policy on unlimited plans: Our unlimited plans have a monthly allowance of 10,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS within ROI and EU. All other calls and SMS in excess of our Fair Usage Policy or for international, premium, non-geographic numbers and non EU roaming will be charged at our standard rates. Unlimited Data in the ROI applies subject to the terms set out in our Acceptable Usage Policy. Our Acceptable Usage Policy can be found here (https://www.virginmedia.ie/terms/usage-policy/). An allowance of data specific to each plan can be used per month when roaming in the EU after which surcharges will apply. Surcharges will also apply if over a 4 month rolling period your roaming usage or presence within the EU exceeds your domestic usage or presence. Details of our rates can be found here .
Need a handset?
Check out our latest range of smartphones handsets for business, iphone se 2020, samsung galaxy a52, samsung galaxy z fold 3, samsung galaxy a32, samsung galaxy z flip 3, not sure what you need, small and medium business, [email protected], monday to saturday 9am - 5.30pm, enterprise business, [email protected], or we can call you.
Choose a time slot and provide a few details. Our Experts will call you back.
- Find a store
- Book an appointment
- Bring your own phone
- Certified Pre-Loved
- Internet plans
- Why choose us
- Member Benefits
- Refer a friend
- Plus with Purpose
- Billing & Usage
- Using My Account
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Internet Explorer is no longer being supported.
Heads up: Internet Explorer is retiring on June 15, 2022. For a better browsing experience and to properly view all of the features on our website, please use a more recent Internet browser.
Warning Msg Title
Warning Msg Content
Celebrate more data for less. Get 25 GB for $34 /mo. per month
Available on new activations only when you bring your own phone.
Celebrate more data for less. Get 20 GB for $39 /mo. per month
‘Tis the season for a new Google phone.
Get the Google Pixel 7 for $0 down, 0% APR with Sweet Pay™ on eligible 2-year plans. Taxes extra.
Get the Samsung Galaxy S23 FE with plans starting from $45 /mo. per month
With Sweet Pay Lite on a 2-year plan. Taxes extra.
Give the gift of iPhone this season.
Get iPhone 14 for $0 down, 0% APR with Sweet Pay™ on eligible 2-year plans. Taxes extra.
Unlimited internet from $35 /mo. per month
Get 300 mbps megabytes per second unlimited internet from $52 /mo. per month.
One-time $60 installation fee may apply.
Unlimited internet from $50 /mo. per month
After a credit of $15 for 12 months.
Get 300 Mbps megabytes per second unlimited internet from $65 /mo. per month
After a credit of $25 for 12 months.
Save up to 75% on the pre-loved phones you want.
Savings based on the discounted price of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
Shop online and save $60.
Shop online and we’ll waive the $60 connection service fee.
Available on a 2-year plan with a new phone or when you bring your own phone. New activation only.
Save with Member Benefits.
Enjoy discounts on food, fashion and entertainment with Canada’s #1 Telco rewards program.*
*Based on the telco with the most offers in January 2023 – August 2023.
Save big on pre-loved phones.
There’s lots of love about “like-new” and “gently used” phones, especially at our prices.
Get in on a good cause.
Virgin Plus makes an impact by supporting the next generation, the planet, and our communites.
Affordable plans with tons of data
Super affordable unlimited 5G and fixed data plans with everything you need
You like deals. We like sending them to you.
Sign up and be the first to know about offers we think you’ll like.
YOU LIKE DEALS. WE LIKE SENDING THEM TO YOU.
Heads up: With Virgin Plus you can update your Communication Preferences at any time online or by sending a request to: Virgin Plus Head Office at 15 Asquith Avenue - Floor 6. Toronto, Ontario M4W 1J7, or by calling 1-888-999-2321. If you're an existing Virgin Plus Member, you can also log in to My Account to manage your Marketing Preferences.
THANKS FOR SIGNING UP!
Now we're like BFF pen pals. Keep an eye on your inbox for upcoming deals and amazing offers. If you want a sneak peek right now, check out our Hot Offers page.
- Why Virgin Plus
- Wanna partner with us?
- Upgrade your device
- Track your order
- Activate Prepaid
- Top Up Prepaid
- Buy a Prepaid SIM Card
- Community Forum
- Manage Your Communication Preferences
- My Benefits App
- Contest Winners
- Contest rules
- My Account App
- Accessibility Centre
- Media Releases
- Legal & Regulatory
- Privacy & Security
- Wireless Code Member Rights
- Internet Code Member Rights
© Virgin Plus. All rights reserved.
Virgin Mobile UAE Offers
- Choose your plan
- Home Internet
- iPhone 15 VIP Plans
- Tourist SIM
- eSIM for Apple watch
- Get our app
- 50% off yearly plans
- Double Data
- Free Data Upgrade
- Unlimited Local Minutes
- Internet Calling
- Family Plan
- Free Anghami Plus
- 5G for free
- Switch to us
- Roaming Countries list
- Press release
- Our partners
- People of determination
- Do Not Call Registry
- How can I contact Virgin Mobile?
- How do I transfer my existing UAE number to Virgin Mobile?
- Can I change from physical SIM to eSIM?
- Join Virgin Mobile and get great value offers and loads of Red Hot Extras.
- What’s more, everything is done online! No queues, no waiting, no fixed prebuilt packages.
- Flexible prepaid plans that are fully customizable, great pool of regular and VIP numbers to choose from with 5G network capability enabled. What’s more, manage everything through our app !
- All you need to do is build your plan, choose your number and order online. We deliver across the UAE and you get an active mobile plan in 60 minutes.
Join us now & make use of our offers for maximum savings. Offers do run out after a period of time, keep track of them here .
Supporting businesses with the cost of doing business
We’re here to help, help managing your account.
We’re supporting businesses through tough times with our dedicated people and systems. By actively taking away some of the stress, businesses can focus on stability and being ready for growth.
Chat to our dedicated business team, who can support all your challenges and queries, big or small.
Manage your bill online
Log in to My O 2 Business to manage your mobile costs, data and Bolt Ons. View your internet bill on MyBill from Virgin Media Business.
Digital Solution Specialists
Book an appointment with one of our digital specialists to ensure you’re getting the most from our products and services.
Solutions that support businesses
Whether you’re looking for pure value for money or options to drive efficiency, we’ve got you covered.
Mobile plans with cost-effective features
From SIM only to sharer plans, handset tariffs to Bolt Ons, our flexible mobile plans ensure we have your business needs covered.
SIM only is super-efficient for anyone looking to save money, while sharer tariffs enable you to share a pot of data between all your employees, making it more cost-effective and easier to manage.
Free EU Roaming
Another cost-saving feature that we offer is free EU roaming . Our customers can travel to destinations all over Europe and use their data, calls and texts just like they do in the UK, at no extra cost. 1
1. Customers on O 2 Unlimited Data tariffs will be charged if their usage exceeds 35 GB in O 2 ’s Europe Zone. For more details please see: Terms and Fair Usage Policy.
Get More from Virgin Media O 2 Business
When you combine mobile and broadband, you’ll get more. By bringing both your on-site connectivity and mobile connectivity to us, we’ll put 10% of your new plan’s value back into a tech fund 2 , so you can make great savings on the latest tech for your team.
That includes Microsoft and Samsung devices, among others.
2. You must combine an O 2 Business mobile service with Virgin Media Business broadband or leased lines. The value of your fund is based on 10% of the monthly airtime bill of your new plan. Get More Funds can only be spent on a set list of tech. For full terms and conditions, go here .
Digital solutions that help your business and people move to secure, hybrid working
Now that Virgin Media Business and O 2 Business have joined forces, you can plug into a range of internet and mobile solutions that drive efficiency in your business and better outcomes for your customers.
Our portfolio includes superfast broadband, dedicated internet services , and even tools such as Office 365 , security from Sophos and mobile device management from IBM.
Trade in your old device with O 2 Recycle
Are you holding on to unused tech? Trade in old devices lying around the office and get cash back for your business or money off new devices for your team. You don’t need to be an O 2 Business or Virgin Media Business customer to use O 2 Recycle.
Zero rate websites
These are a list of websites that O 2 Business customers can access without having to worry about eating into their data allowance. This year, we extended this list to include sites such as Citizens Advice, UK Data Bank, the Debt Advice Foundation and more, to support businesses and their employees through the cost of living crisis.
A little perk for your employees
When you're an O 2 Business mobile customer, you can share some of the benefits that you get access to with your employees.
Priority from O 2
Priority is our way of saying thanks. It's exclusive to our customers and their employees. You can get great offers from high street brands, tickets and experiences, as well as exclusive prize draws.
Employees can get up to 25% off their personal Airtime Plan when they buy a new phone or tablet on O 2 Refresh, directly from us. With our employee discount programme, O 2 Open.
If you’re an existing customer, please reach out to your account manager for any additional support that you might need.
Not a Virgin Media O 2 Business customer yet but would like to hear more about our solutions and what we can offer? Please contact us on 0800 298 8848.
Virgin Media Business
For over 20 years, Virgin Media Business has helped small, medium and large sized businesses across sectors to:
Get better connected with their people and their customers
Adapt to new ways of working
Accelerate digital transformation projects
As a customer-first organisation dedicated to delivering the best for business, we are continually investing in our network.
In a single year our connectivity:
Supports 708 million credit and debit card transactions
Helps dispense four million medical prescriptions
Unlocks superfast broadband in 500,000 buildings
Empowers digital innovation for education in thousands of schools
Among the innovative, high-quality networking and communication products, applications and services we provide, our fibre-optic network is our crown jewel. We’re investing £3 billion to bring it to even more of the UK.
Our long-term vision is to help the UK excel by revolutionising the everyday, while building connections that really matter.
So whether you're looking to grow and evolve your business with reliable, secure connectivity, empower your staff with hybrid working solutions, or get the advice you need to unleash your digital potential, we can help you get from where you are today to where you want to be tomorrow. In June 2021, we joined forces with O2 to offer even better connectivity, more choice and more value for you and your organisation across fixed and mobile networks. Together, we are reimagining connectivity and upgrading the UK.
Find out more at Virgin Media Business .
Latest Virgin Media Business stories
Related Virgin Companies
Skip to main content
Below are some of the types of cookies that we use to collect your data. By clicking on ‘Accept All’ you’re saying that you trust us and you’re giving consent for us to perform analytics, provide you with targeted content, and provide you with the means to share content on social media. You’re also giving permission for us to share your data with our partners. You can change your mind at any time and switch the cookies on or off.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Functionality cookies, analytical and performance cookies, advertising and targeting cookies.
- Start Up Loans
- APPLY FOR FUNDING
Business Plan Template
Download our free business plan template today
How to write a business plan
Writing a business plan is one of the most rewarding things you can do when you’re starting up in business. Taking that idea from your head and putting it down on paper will help organise and galvanise you into getting started. Every business that applies for a Virgin StartUp Loan is required to complete the Virgin StartUp business plan. We're now making that template available to you, hopefully it'll inspire you to follow you dreams.
Complete this plan to :
- Validate your idea
- Research your competition
- Create a financial forecast
- Obtain one of the key documents you need to obtain a Start Up Loan from Virgin StartUp, of anything from £500 to £25,000 per co-founder. UK only.
- Get matched with a mentor if you successfully apply for a Start Up Loan from Virgin StartUp
Get the Virgin StartUp Business Plan Template
Leave your details below to access the template and receive a series of emails, jam-packed full of useful content to help you turn your idea into reality.
REMEMBER: Download and save the business plan to your desktop before you start filling it with your ideas to take over the world. Otherwise these brilliant plans might get lost.
First Name * Surname * Email Address * Post Code * I would like to sign up to the mailing list to receive marketing communications from Virgin StartUp
Best small business mobile phone contracts 2023
Written and reviewed by:
Our independent reviews are funded in part by affiliate commissions, at no extra cost to our readers.
1. Vodafone : best overall with excellent customer service and huge variety in plans 2. EE : best for reliable coverage, with outstanding 4G and 5G networks in the UK 3. O2 : best for fair payment plans, and the most generous rewards system
Don't overspend – you can click any of the links above to compare fees on business mobile contracts for your own business's size and needs.
Almost every telecom company upped its prices on April 1, and there have been plenty of subsequent changes to tariffs. But, most providers save their best rates for new customers, so it can still be a great time to start or switch a business mobile plan. Switching to a competitively-priced business mobile contract can save you money – essential in today's poor economy.
During our research to find the right business mobile plan, we compared the top providers for three key mobile phone metrics we know are important to small business owners: network connectivity, customer support, and value for money.
We then used our results to build our simple online comparison tool. This helps you compare mobile plan costs quickly and easily , and find the best mobile phone provider to switch to with obligation-free quotes.
In this article you will learn:
Best business mobile phone providers, how does a business mobile phone contract work, benefits of switching to a business mobile phone contract, compare business mobile deals.
- Business mobile phone FAQs
What is a business mobile phone?
Business mobile phones are exactly what they sound like: a mobile phone that's intended for professional, rather than personal, use. Whether you are a sole trader, employee, or employer, if you use your mobile phone for work then you have a business mobile.
Where a business mobile differs from a personal mobile is the contract's terms and conditions. These are specially designed by mobile providers to cater for employees. Rather than a pay-as-you-go plan that's topped up by the worker, for example, a business mobile contract will usually be paid monthly and expensed by the employer.
Business phone contracts come with many advantages for organisations; chief among these is cost. Users will usually pay less than they would for a consumer plan because the VAT can be reclaimed if you’re a VAT-registered business.
Similarly, switching to a business mobile from a VoIP phone system can also be game changing for today's SMEs. Being much less office-centric, mobile phones are a good choice for modern workplaces with remote teams. The incoming PSTN Switch Off in December 2024 means all UK business communications will run through the internet, which is why many SMEs are pulling the plug on landlines and now require their staff to rely on smartphones. Rather than forcing employees to use personal phones for work matters, a business mobile can be a welcome perk and a handy way of ensuring sensible access to sensitive business data.
To create the below list of the best business mobile phone providers, we spent days researching the top 10 providers based in the UK. We focused our analysis on what Startups' readers told us are the three most important factors for small businesses. These are:
1. Value for money – we took upfront costs, contract length, data allowances, and seasonal deals and discounts into consideration. We also looked at split deals (monthly fees that automatically reduce once the handset has been paid for).
2. Coverage and speed – SMEs don’t have time to hang around for slow download speeds, or risk a new client call not getting through. We used the 2023 Ofcom customer service report (released in May) to guide our analysis of each provider's data speeds.
3. Customer support – switching any business technology will come with a few challenges. We also used the Ofcom report for the help and support options available to users, and how quickly each provider's support team responds to queries, on average.
We regularly update this page to ensure we are giving you accurate and up-to-date information about the best business phone contract to switch to.
There are lots of different factors that business owners need to consider when switching their mobile contract. The best plans improve your company's efficiency with a bounty of essential features and generous allowances while the wrong choice could lose you money and create a negative customer experience.
Searching for the best business phone contract can be confusing and time consuming. In the below guide, we'll break down the top contract providers in the UK, helping you make an informed decision when choosing a business mobile phone deal .
Openreach by BT is currently upgrading the outdated, analogue Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) to a faster, full-fibre digital network. By the end of December 2025, any business or home phone call will instead be hosted over Internet Protocol (IP). Named the ‘ Big Switch Off ’, the move has big implications for any firm using broadband in its operations. In today’s world, that’s pretty much everyone.
To prepare for the change , all existing phone systems and older internet connections – including any used by hardware like card machines and CCTV – will need to transition to an IP mode. Therefore, abandoning your business landline and switching to a business mobile will be the best option.
Vodafone: Best for a wide range of business mobile contracts that support scale-up
- Value for money 4.5
- Coverage and speed 5
- Customer support 4
- Generous Rewards scheme for pay-as-you-go customers
- Easy to get help from business mobile experts thanks to Vodafone's 500 UK stores
- Global roaming: Select plans let you use your UK allowances overseas for no extra charge
- Slightly lower Ofcom complaints solving rating compared to rivals
- Unlimited data plans are a lot more expensive for monthly contracts (prices start from £23 per month)
Is Vodafone good value for money?
Vodafone offers good value for money and has a vast mix of pay-monthly offers for business use. Plus, it offers tons of trials and discounts so you can try before you buy , reducing the risk of spending money on the wrong product plan.
Small business phone contracts
Vodafone offers a range of plans that will suit the budgets and needs of most small business owners. The most popular ones are:
- Vodafone Business Evolve – a flexible option that is great for SMEs. If you're undecided about what you want from your plan, do not worry. This option will let you change your mind about data allowances or devices whenever, so you can alter your plan based on the growth of your business.
- Vodafone Business Advance – if you have a growing team and need access to a large number of resources, then this plan is the best choice as it offers employees unlimited data, texts, and calls.
- Vodafone Business Optimiser – plans can change. If you want to avoid nasty surprises on your phone bill, this clever solution will automatically adapt to the amount of data or calls you're carrying out, so you'll never pay more than you can afford.
- Vodafone Business Freedom – for SMEs making international calls or business trips, this plan lets you manage usage so you won't incur any hidden fees when you travel or call abroad.
You can also personalise your plan with add-ons including Device Support and Rapid Insurance, so whatever you want to prioritise as a small business owner – the choice is yours.
SIM only business phone contracts
Vodafone's SIM only plans are a great option if you want to keep your existing phone and save on minutes, texts, and data .
The SIM only data plans are ideal for companies with fewer than 50 employees. At the moment, these start at a tidy £19.17 a month (ex. VAT) for the Red 150GB plan. This increases to £33.33 per month (ex. VAT) for the Unlimited Max + 3 Xtra benefits + Entertainment plan.
Pay-as-you-go business phone contracts
Pay-as-you-go customers also get some nice perks and freebies – like the Freebie International Minutes plan , giving you more free international minutes the more you top up.
There's also a generous Rewards loyalty scheme available, where you'll get points for every top-up that you can put towards more calls and data – or even your next smartphone.
What is Vodafone's coverage and speed like?
As one of the UK's biggest mobile providers, Vodafone runs its own network, offering 2G, 3G, and 4G coverage across the UK. In the USwitch ranking of the top providers for mobile coverage in the UK, Vodafone came second behind EE, which boasts 97% population coverage for 4G.
According to its online directory , Vodafone offers 5G in 124 UK towns and cities. This is not the most extensive list on the market. No new locations have been added in over a year (for comparison, Three caters for over 300 towns and cities.)
In August 2023, Vodafone announced it had acquired Three , another major network player. As part of the merger, Vodafone has pledged to reach more than 99% of the UK population with its 5G standalone network by 2034.
Many providers – including BT, Plusnet and EE – increase their prices each year in line with the inflation rate, plus their own extra rate of 3.9%.
From April 1, Vodafone announced on its website it has raised its prices mid-contract for broadband customers by 14.4%. Given that most providers save the best prices for new customers, switching can often save you money. Use our cost comparison tool to start comparing plans now.
Is Vodafone good for customer support?
In its 2023 report on mobile and landline customer service, Ofcom found that Vodafone scored 56% for complaints handling . This number is nothing to write home about, but it is an increase from its 2022 complaint satisfaction rating of 53%.
That said, Vodafone does have a higher overall customer satisfaction score on this list than Virgin Media O2 (86% vs. 83%). Should things ever go awry, or you need support with setup, Vodafone is also one of the easiest phone companies to get help from as it has 500 shops across the UK.
Finally, we like that Vodafone offers 30 days to try out your phone and coverage, and if business users are not impressed, they'll get a full refund. This is well above the typical 14 days offered by other companies like O2.
Want to find out more about how our top rated business mobile plan provider stands up against its rivals? Use our online tool to compare Vodafone's business mobile deals today.
O2: Best for its low-cost payment plans and excellent customer rewards program
- Coverage and speed 4
- Excellent range of perks and offers for employees
- More generous European roaming charges than rivals like Three and EE
- Because deals tend to be longer (typically 24 months), O2's upfront costs are lower
- Helpline waiting times can be lengthy
- There has been a small increase in the number of O2 customer complaints between 2021 and 2022
- Plans tend to be less flexible and tie users in for longer (especially SIM only plans)
Is O2 good value for money?
Ofcom's 2023 report shows that 79% of customers are happy with O2's value for money (compared with just 74% of EE's customers). In August 2023, the provider also released its own cost calculator for users to check if they are overpaying for their smartphone, emblematic of O2's commitment to save its customers money.
O2 welcomes small businesses with open arms via its dedicated Small Biz tariffs. You can choose between SIM only, SIM+phone, and pay-as-you-go deals, all of which are competitively priced. For just £16 per month you can access 20GB of data on a two-year, SIM only deal – more than enough for most small business owners.
Last year, Virgin Mobile joined forces with BT for business mobile customers to create a shared offering called Volt. Virgin Mobile will be fully phased out, with all business mobile customers moved to an O2 plan ( which is why we have removed our review of Virgin Mobile from this page ).
This means that any mobile user on O2 will be able to choose Virgin Media broadband for a broadband speed boost and double data.
As with Vodafone, millions of O2 customers were hit with price hikes of around £50 a year on April 1.
O2 and Virgin Mobile confirmed that customer bills would rise as a result of inflation. Still, while an increase of £50 is hardly welcome, O2 plans will still likely remain cheaper than more costly rivals like EE.
Given that most providers save the best prices for new customers, switching can often save you money. Use our cost comparison tool to start comparing plans now.
O2 SIM only business phone contracts
O2's 12-month SIM only tariffs start from just £10 per month for 1GB. For unlimited data allowance (both 4G and 5G), prices start from £24 per month for a two year contract.
What is O2's coverage and speed like?
O2 has its own network and offers 2G, 3G and 4G coverage. Coverage experts OpenSignal, in their September 2022 report , found that O2 customers had the least consistent coverage at 66.1% of the time – just behind Vodafone and EE (with 70% and 77.5% access, respectively).
O2 currently provides 192 UK towns and cities with 5G (you can check whether you're covered using their up-to-date online tracker ).
O2 also allows business customers to create their own private 5G network to ensure reliable connectivity and enhanced security. If you run a SME that works with advanced technologies such as robotics, you can enquire about a private 5G network online.
Is O2 good for customer support?
As one of the UK's largest mobile phone providers, customers can reach the network at one of its hundreds of high street stores, where you’ll benefit from the expertise of the company's ‘O2 Gurus'.
According to Ofcom's 2023 report, O2 has one of the lowest percentages of customers with a reason to complain, with just 9% of O2 business users saying they were happy with the way their complaint was dealt with. With O2 Priority, you can expect many perks, like pre-sale tickets. There’s also O2 Rewards, which gives PAYG customers a percentage of your spend on credit.
Many small business owners spend most of their days hooked up to their WiFi, so data usage may be less than you’d expect. 10GB to 15GB mobile data is usually plenty for most small business owners and entrepreneurs.
If you try Googling Virgin Mobile, you'll notice their webpage no longer exists. That's because they were acquired by O2. Similarly, EE and BT were merged.
EE: Best for 5G coverage and super fast download speeds
- Value for money 3.5
- Customer support 4.5
- My EE Bill Analyser helps employees stay on top of their phone bills
- Wide-ranging 4G and 5G coverage with the fastest download speeds in the UK
- Free replacement for 24 months in case of breakage or damage
- Lower money satisfaction score with customers than Vodafone
- Roaming charges returned in January 2022 - not good for firms with employees based abroad
Is EE good value for money?
EE is unlikely to appear on any budget-topping lists. If you value good data allowance and coverage for your business' needs, they’re unrivalled, but you will pay for the privilege. This is why the customer satisfaction with value for money is a measly 74%, according to Ofcom's 2023 report.
The top business mobile phone plans from EE start at a pricey £13 a month for a SIM only contract, but you'll get unlimited data. However, EE's rates are much less competitive when you add in the cost of a mobile device. A Google Pixel 8 Pro with EE is £51 per month – more expensive than Vodafone (£37 per month).
Like O2's partnership with Virgin Mobile, BT recently partnered with EE to hand over the responsibilities for its business mobile customers. That means BT broadband customers may be able to get exclusive deals on EE business mobile plans when they join EE (this is also why we removed our review of BT from this list).
Small business owners can choose between EE's Essential plans or Max plans. They start at just £15 a month, and include access to 5G roaming (if your chosen mobile device is compatible).
EE customers were hit with price hikes of 14.4% on April 1 2023, which is the same cost increase that Vodafone and O2 introduced.
Does EE have good coverage and speed?
EE pioneered 4G (super-fast wireless internet) and it still offers the best download speeds and coverage. According to OpenSignal's September 2022 report, EE's download speed was the fastest in the UK with a score of 55.8 – this is 21.3% faster than the runner-up brand, Three.
EE offers 5G for customers in 162 towns and cities across the UK. It's currently the best provider on the market for 5G in terms of coverage – users had the fastest overall speed on EE, with scores of 109.5 megabyte per second for Download Speed Experience. You can check if your area is covered using the EE online tool.
Is EE good for customer support?
EE doesn’t have a leading reputation for top customer service. However, the 2023 Ofcom customer service report for mobile phone providers shows it achieves a satisfaction score of 86%, which puts it on par with Vodafone and O2.
With more than 500 stores up and down the country, EE is one of the biggest phone providers, so it will be there should your small business need them. It even offers free phone replacements if anything goes wrong within the first year.
Nonetheless, the call waiting time for EE's customer support team lets it down. As we've noted above, users will be waiting almost a full minute longer to speak to an EE representative, on average, when compared with O2.
Want to save time? If you’d like a quicker way to compare phone plan providers, we've designed a simple online tool you can use to compare mobile contracts for your business. It's free of charge and gives you expert advice instantly.
Upfront, business mobile phone contracts are considerably cheaper than personal ones. This is a deliberate decision on the part of the provider because these are generally bought in bulk and distributed across a business. This means the phone company can afford to lower the price of its contracts.
Company phones also qualify as a business expense, so you can offset the cost of your phones by claiming them against your annual tax return. Here are three other key differences that separate a consumer mobile phone plan from a business mobile phone plan:
1. Data allowance
If you need to check spreadsheets on the go or stream video calls, you'll need a larger data allowance. Business phone contracts are more than likely to have unlimited data or a shared pool for employees over personal ones.
2. Repair and maintenance costs
Business mobile contracts will typically offer repairs and maintenance for any damage or malfunctioning software as part of the contract rather than as an add-on.
3. Easy-to-manage accounts
With a business phone contract, your team's spend on minutes or data will be saved on a single bill. If an employee racks up an expensive phone bill to a client in China, you can easily expense it, rather than spend weeks combing through phone records for the accounting team.
If your business currently uses a VoIP phone system or landline to make and take calls, you might be wondering if, and why, you should switch to a business mobile phone plan instead. Certainly, running your business from a mobile phone comes with some real advantages:
1. Reduces running costs: Mobile contracts can start from as low as £30 per month for the latest handsets. Plus, you won't compromise on functionality. Most smartphones still run all business applications, like Microsoft Teams or Outlook.
2. Encourages business growth: Unlike landlines, you can purchase as many business mobiles as you'd like for your team – helping you to adapt your business to today's uncertain economy.
3. Increases mobility: Business mobiles allow you to take your entire workstation anywhere – as long as there's an internet connection.
What types of businesses are mobile phones suited for?
In today's online world, any company will benefit from having a mobile phone. However, there are some specific use cases where mobile phones are paramount to your team's success. These are:
1. If you are currently connected to the PSTN: in December 2024, the Big Switch Off will see every landline currently connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network shut off. Turning to business mobile plans will mean you can avoid the admin woes of having to buy a whole new phone system.
2. If your team is in the field a lot: if you have sales reps or contractors who don't work in the office should consider investing in a business mobile over a personal contract. With more and more companies doing business over Whatsapp, having a business phone that's separate to your private number will look more professional and help you keep work and home life separate.
3. If you are a remote or hybrid team: UK employees increasingly work from home some, if not all, of the time. Business phones are a good way to maintain communication and collaboration when teams are based miles apart. Plus, having separate work and home numbers will improve work-life balance and help them avoid stressful notifications at the dinner table.
Business impact of switching from landline to mobile
Naturally, any good business owner will be concerned about the potential negative impact of migrating to a new business technology. Here are three things you should consider before pressing the trigger and switching to a business mobile contract:
1. Will I have downtime when switching? Almost definitely not. Business mobile phone SIMs can be activated instantly, so you will be able to open your new line of communciation immediately after your handset arrives. The only issue could be in switching your business phone number, which can take a few days to complete – more on this below.
2. Is it really the cheapest option? It's possible that neither a mobile phone nor a landline are the cheapest option for your company. VoIP phone system costs can start from as little as £5 per month for a high-quality call connection hosted over the internet. Plus, many come with free mobile apps, so you can use your personal mobile to answer calls made to your business number.
3. How do I divert my business number? Switching to a mobile phone from a landline or VoIP system will mean your business number changes. You can bite the bullet and simply change your contact information to the new number. Or, you can use number porting to keep the same number, which takes a few days to complete. Our guide to business mobile phone numbers has more information on the options available.
Some of the best business mobile phones in 2023 are:
- Apple iPhone 15 Pro – the best business phone from Apple; offers all-day battery, durable handset, and powerful processing
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro – essentially the Pro Max's younger brother; its more compact, lightweight design is great for doing business on the go
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra – top chipset, powerful camera and a super high-res screen make this a great choice for running your business on the go
- Google Pixel 8 Pro – fantastic integrations with (you guessed it) Google drive, this is the search giant's first attempt at an ultra-high-tech phone and it's certainly a success
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 – this ‘phablet' (phone/tablet) is the future of smartphones. Its dual display is excellent for messaging, multitasking, and video calling
The above list is a good place to start if you're looking for a reliable, effective business mobile phone. If you're looking to keep costs down, take a look at our list of best budget smartphones for business .
When should I switch my business mobile phone tariff?
If your business phone contract is drawing to an end, here are five reasons to consider switching your tariff:
- You’re paying too much and think you can find a better deal elsewhere
- You’re always having connectivity issues or running out of data
- You’re disappointed with the customer support team
- You want the latest handset model for yourself or your team
- You have multiple phones on different contracts and want to align them all to one provider
If you already have a business phone tariff, it's still a good idea to keep an eye out for competitor deals. The top three providers (Vodafone, O2, and EE) are constantly releasing new sign-up deals to entice switchers, so you could end up saving hundreds of pounds each month if you regularly change providers.
Remember , if your contract is coming to an end, you should also check first with the provider to see if they'll offer you a split deal. This is where the phone handset has been paid off, and so the network gives you a cheaper deal on your contract.
Let us help. Our specially-designed, 100% free online comparison tool will match you with the most suitable mobile network providers for your needs in just one minute.
Now you have a better idea of what the mobile phone network providers are really like, the next step is to find out which ones are offering the best deals for the mobile phone you're interested in.
Every business will have different requirements from its mobile network. Here are three questions to ask yourself to help you pick out the best business mobile phone provider based on your specific organisational needs:
1. Is it good value for money? 2. What is the coverage like? 3. What customer support features are there?
Above, our research team has reviewed the top providers based on these three questions. Save time and money by using our simple cost comparison form to be paired with the mobile network that best fits your business needs, today.
- Are business mobile plans cheaper? Yes. Business mobile phone plans tend to prioritise data and call allowance, which is why they are usually the cheaper option for businesses compared to consumer mobile phone plans.
- Can I get a phone contract through my business? Yes. Just make sure you sign up to the contract with your business name and information. Provided each staff member is only given one mobile, you can deduct the cost of each mobile phone and any related bills as a business expense.
- Should I use a separate phone for business? Business phones look more professional to customers. They also ensure you are protecting potentially sensitive business data, and can be used to add useful customer service features like forwarding any calls to team members. Finally, they'll make work more manageable, as employees can more easily differentiate between work and personal calls.
- What phone do most business owners use? Smartphones are definitely a must-have for a business phone, as the best option for on-the-go working and productivity. We recommend either the Google Pixel 7 Pro or the Apple iPhone 14 Pro as two good business models for 2023.
Startups.co.uk is reader-supported. If you make a purchase through the links on our site, we may earn a commission from the retailers of the products we have reviewed. This helps Startups.co.uk to provide free reviews for our readers. It has no additional cost to you, and never affects the editorial independence of our reviews.
Virgin Mobile’s SIM-only deals
Virgin Mobile offers two affordable SIM-only plans, capped and unlimited. You don’t need to have Virgin Media broadband in Ireland to benefit from these great offers.
Looking for Virgin Media broadband deals instead? Visit Virgin Media Broadband & TV Bundles for some great broadband offers.
This unlimited plan is ideal if you use your mobile phone for everything and don’t want to worry about topping your data limit.
This plan will enable you to:
- Stream music all day
- Watch live sport wherever you are
- Download movies on the go
This is a SIM-only, 30-day contract you can cancel anytime. This means no ties, and you can switch plans whenever you like.
Why choose Virgin Mobile?
Virgin Media are an award-winning communications provider, offering superfast broadband, TV and mobile services across Ireland.
- It’s powered by the Three network for 99.9% population coverage
- Keep your mobile number for a hassle-free switch
- Next day delivery of your new SIM at a time and place to suit you
- Switch plans whenever you like; no ties and no hidden charges
- Manage your bills and plans easily online with the My Virgin Media account
- Order up to 4 SIMs if you’ve been with Virgin Media for over 3 months
- Generous EU roaming data allowances
Winner at the Switcher.ie Mobiles Awards 2023
- Best Mobile Network for Data
- Best SIM-Only Bill Pay Plan
What are the advantages of a SIM-only plan?
You’ll save money by switching to a SIM-only deal if you’ve paid off your phone and are happy with your existing handset.
Advantages of switching to a Virgin Mobile SIM-only deal include:
- You can keep your existing phone
- SIM-only plans are cheaper
- It’s flexible, with no contract tie-ins
- It’s a good way to check how a new network performs without locking into a 2-year deal
Can you get add-ons for international calling?
Virgin Mobile’s fixed-cost add-ons are ideal for keeping in touch with family and friends in the UK and abroad.
To help you keep track of costs, Virgin Mobile will notify you by text to stop you from going over your allowance when 80% and 100% of your allowance has been used.
There are two options:
- €5 UK Calling Add-On for 500 minutes a month to the UK and Northern Ireland
- €5 US, Canada & Europe Calling Add-On for 350 international minutes a month to US, Canada and 44 EU and other European destinations.
Virgin Mobile’s network coverage
Virgin Mobile is powered by Three, one of Ireland’s biggest mobile networks. Virgin claim to have 99.9% population coverage for calling and 99% 4G coverage.
Virgin Mobile currently does not offer 5G mobile coverage in Ireland.
What else do Virgin Media offer?
Besides some great SIM-only deals, Virgin Media also provides superfast, reliable broadband and TV bundles. Check out what Virgin Media Broadband & TV bundles are available in your area with our free broadband checker .
Get super fast broadband from just €30 a month
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving
Virgin Mobile FAQs
Can you get virgin mobile if virgin media broadband isn't in your area.
Yes, Virgin mobile is available nationwide, not just in their cable areas.
The Virgin Mobile network is powered by the Three network, so Virgin coverage is exactly the same, which is 99% for 4G services and 99.9% for calling services.
Can I keep my mobile number if I switch to SIM-only?
Yes, you can keep your number when you switch to a Virgin Mobile SIM-only plan.
On receipt of your SIM, register for a My Virgin Media account (or sign in if you’re an existing Virgin Media customer).
You’ll then be taken through 3 easy steps to move your existing number to your new Virgin Mobile SIM.
Can I upgrade from a Virgin Mobile SIM-only plan to a bill pay plan?
With a 30-day SIM-only plan, you have the freedom to upgrade or change your plan at any time, without worrying about exit fees or charges.
Virgin Mobile is also really flexible, even if you don’t want to upgrade you have the option move to a cheaper plan, or add more minutes, texts and data, at any stage, and the change will take effect on your next billing date.
Is Virgin Mobile's mobile data truly unlimited?
Yes. With Virgin Mobile’s Unlimited Plan, you don’t have to worry about a fair usage policy or any data caps as the mobile data really is unlimited
How long will it take for my SIM to arrive from Virgin Mobile?
If you place your order before 8pm you’ll be offered next day delivery from Virgin Mobile. Once the order goes through, you’ll get an email and text with delivery details, and ways to change them if they don’t suit you.
What do I need to switch to a Virgin Mobile SIM-only plan?
Sign up for your chosen plan on the Virgin Media website. You’ll need to provide your contact and bank account details; your IBAN and BIC or account number and sort code is enough.
You may be asked for proof of identity, for example, your passport, driving license or National ID card.
You may also need to contact your current mobile phone provider if you need to unlock your handset .
Get a SIM only deal with the calls, texts and data you need for less.
It only takes a few minutes to find a cheaper deal and start saving.