Grade 3 English
Complete the cloze passage by filling in the blanks with the correct word.
Read and match the opposite words .
Cloze Passage Diwali
Complete the Diwali cloze passage by filling in the blanks with the correct word.
Fill in the blanks with the correct nouns.
Adjectives are words used to tell us more about an object. We use adjectives when we want to tell more about a noun. Example: This is a small table. The word ”small” tells us something about the table. It is an adjective.
Adjectives and Nouns
Simple Present Tense
Choose the correct answer.
Can you write an interesting story using these words; dream, ghost, frightened, bed, screamed, ran, house, scary? This writing prompt worksheet is suitable for all levels. Let students explore their imagination!
Cloze Passage Spiders
Read and match the opposite words.
Free Writing Template
Free writing template with hot air balloon can be used as a guide for beginners to put down their thoughts and ideas.
Possessive Adjective is used to show the object following it belongs to someone or something. They are his, her, my, your, its, their and ours .
What are prepositions? Prepositions are words used before nouns and pronouns to show place and time. These are some examples of prepositions used in sentences; under, in, on, above, to, at, and from.
Color the common nouns red and proper nouns green.
Complete the sentences with the correct conjunction .
Choose the correct Simple Present Tense.
Fill in the blanks with ‘ and ’ , ‘ but’ or ‘ór’
You have $1000 in your pocket. How would you spend it? What will you do and why?
If I were a king writing prompt. This writing prompt worksheet is suitable for all levels. Let students explore their imagination!
Fill in the blanks
Fill in the blanks with the correct cvc word.
Why do we need to learn? Write your thoughts.
What are prepositions? Prepositions are words used before nouns and pronouns to show place and time. These are some examples of prepositions commonly used; under, in, on, above, to, at, and from.
Statements and Questions
Rewrite each sentence with capitals letters and question mark.
Fill in the blanks with ‘ and ’ or ‘ but’ .
Parts of Speech
Parts of Speech Worksheet. Nouns , verbs and adjectives are parts of speech. Read and sort the words into noun, verb and adjective.
Parts of Speech Worksheet . Nouns , verbs and adjectives are part of speech . Read and sort the words into noun, verb and adjective.
Parts of Speech Worksheet . Nouns, verbs and adjectives are part of speech . Read and sort the words into noun, verb and adjective.
Count the Syllables
Count and color the number of syllables in this worksheet.
Possessive Adjectives are used to show the object following it belongs to someone or something. They are his, her, my, your, its, their and ours .
Possessive Adjectives are used to show the object following it belongs to someone or something. They are his, her, my, your, its, their and ours.
Personal Pronouns are words which can take the place of nouns. They are used so that we will not be using the nouns all the time. Choose the correct personal pronouns from the box.
Countable Nouns Worksheet
‘A’, ‘an’ and ‘the’ are used for any singular count nouns. We use ‘a’ before words that begin with a consonant sound and ‘an’ before words that begin with a vowel sound. ‘The’ is used when referring to a particular noun.
‘A’ and ‘an’ are used for any singular count nouns. We use ‘a’ before words that begin with a consonant sound and ‘an’ before words that begin with a vowel sound.
Nouns are words we use to name things, places, plants, animals, names and people. The words ‘things’, ‘places’, ‘plants’, ‘animals’ and ‘people’ are also nouns.
Nouns – Singular & Plural Form
Change the singular form to plural form of the nouns.
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $6.49
Grade 3 Grammar & Writing Worksheets
Third grade language arts.
Our grade 3 grammar and writing worksheets focus on the parts of speech, the construction and punctuation of sentences and writing paragraphs and short pieces in a structured manner.
Other parts of speech
Other writing topics
Grade 3 Grammar Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
3rd Grade English Worksheets
Interactive 3rd Grade English worksheets and learning resources for all units. Created by teachers 3rd Grade English auto-graded practice and assessment worksheets are perfect for in-class and distance learning. Try engaging and Interactive Exercises, including multiple choice questions, fill-in-the-blank, and other question types. Give personalized feedback and track students progress.
Browse by subject
Browse by grade.
19 English Grammar Worksheets for Class 3 with Answers
Here you will explore 19 English grammar worksheets for class 3 with answers that will enhance students’ understanding and foster a strong foundation in English grammar.
The English Grammar Class 3 Worksheet s with Answers is a comprehensive worksheet designed for third-grade(3rd-grade) students, providing a comprehensive understanding of English grammar.
Significance of English Grammar Class 3 Worksheets with Answers
Understanding grammar is essential for effective communication. This worksheet, designed for children of Class 3, plays a crucial role in laying the foundation for strong grammar skills.
Contents for English Grammar Class 3 Worksheets
These sample exercises provide a glimpse of the types of questions that can be included in an English Grammar Class 3 Worksheet. Such worksheets help students practice and reinforce their grammar skills in an interactive and engaging manner.
English Grammar Resources
1. english grammar class 3 worksheet : nouns: common nouns, proper nouns, worksheet s.
A. Underline the proper nouns and circle the common nouns in these sentences.
1. He speaks Tamil at home.
2. The Indian Ocean is very big.
3. Sarla is a dancer.
4. Miss Pushpa is my class teacher.
5. Australia is a large island.
6. The River Nile flows through Egypt.
7. The mango is the national (fruit of India.
8. Jupiter is a planet.
2. English Grammar Class 3 Worksheet: Singular and Plural
A. Match the singular nouns in column A with the correct plural nouns in column B.
3. English Grammar Class 3 Worksheet : Gender
A. Write M for masculine nouns and F for feminine nouns.
1. Uncle ___________
2. tigress ___________
3. washerman ___________
4. sister ___________
5. landlord ___________
6. emperor ___________
7. airhostess ___________
8. niece ___________
A. Choose the correct words from the brackets to complete these sentences.
1. Deepa plays in the park. _________ in the evening. (He/She)
2. Vinod is studying. _________ He has a test tomorrow. (He/She)
3. That is a nice sari! _________ look very pretty in it. (It/You)
4. It is going to rain. _________ don’t have an umbrella. (I/He)
5. The house is big. _________ has many rooms. (It/She).
6. My parents and I are in Munnar. _________ like this place. (We/They)
A. Complete these sentences with a or an.
1. Gina is reading __________ book.
2. I want __________ ruler and __________ pencil.
3. There is __________ entrance on the other side.
4. __________ elephant can eat ten sugarcanes at once.
5. She always eats __________ orange after lunch.
6. He wants to live on __________ island.
7. Jay is buying __________ school bag.
8. Ravi has __________ bicycle and his brother has __________ motorcycle.
1. Circle the adjectives in these sentences.
1. Miss Sarkar is a strict teacher.
2. Raju cannot do the difficult sum.
3. A bright light shines through the window.
4. Chikku is a shy child.
5. The small boy is crying.
6. The teacher is scolding the rude girl.
7. I do not like sour lemons.
8. The little girl gives me flowers every day.
1. circle the verbs in the sentences
1. She walks to the park every morning.
2. The cat chased the mouse around the room.
3. They are studying for the exam right now.
4. He will bake a delicious cake for the party.
5. I love to read books in my free time.
6. We should clean the entire house this weekend.
7. The birds sing beautifully in the morning.
8. She dances gracefully on the stage.
9. They have been working on the project all week.
10. The chef prepared a gourmet meal for the guests.
8. The Simple Present Tense
1. Circle the verbs in the simple present tense in these sentences.
1. Plants give us oxygen.
2. They keep their toys in the red toy box.
3. His mother fries delicious samosas.
4. They swim in the village pond.
5. Radha brushes her teeth before going to bed.
6. Miss Rao teaches us Science.
9. The Present Continuous Tense
1. Complete these sentences with the present continuous tense of the words given in the brackets.
1. The children ____________ every day. (swim)
2. It ____________. (rain)
3. The wind ____________ very hard today. (blow.)
4. He ____________ at the station. (wait)
5. I ____________ a really good book. (read)
6. She ____________ hard for the exams. (study)
10. The simple past Tense
1. Complete these sentences by adding -d or -ed to the verbs in the brackets.
1. Jaya __________ her room yesterday. (clean)
2. She __________ at the little baby. (smile)
3. The lion __________ into the pond. (jump)
4. They __________ football last week. (play
5. I __________ clothes and put them for drying. (wash)
6. We__________ all day and all night. (work)
11. The Linking Verbs: am, is, are, was, were
A. Complete these sentences with is, am, and are.
1. Grandmother ___________ in the kitchen.
2. You ___________ my neighbor.
3. We ___________ in the dance competition.
4. Swati ___________ tired of waiting for Dina.
5. I ___________ in Kerala now.
6. Sam ___________ the captain of the football team.
7. It ___________ an interesting story.
8. Lily and Huma ___________ good at playing tennis.
A. Match the words in column A with the correct words in column B.
A. Complete these sentences with the correct prepositions.
1. The butterfly is sitting _____ a yellow flower. (on/in)
2. Ali wakes up _____ 7 o’clock every morning. (on/at)
3. Mina is standing _____ the tree. (under/on)
4. Grandmother takes a short nap _____ the afternoon. (in/on)
5. The boys are swimming _____ the river. (on/in)
6. Ravi and Rani baked a cake _____ Monday. (on/at)
7. Hira keeps his toy_____ .the red box. (in/on)
8. The old man is sitting _____ the bench. (on/under)
A. Join these sentences with and/or.
1. Is that Meena? Is that Heena?
2. It is very hot. Everybody is sweating,
3. The bus stopped. All the passengers got down.
4. Does he live in a village? Does he live in a town?
5. You can have pineapple juice. You can have orange juice.
6. She is at home. She is practising for the dance competition.
7. Are we leaving today? Are we leaving tomorrow!
8. They can go to Delhi by čar. They can go to Delhi by bus.
A. Complete these sentences with the correct interjections from the words given in the brackets.
1. _________ He shouldn’t have said that. ( Good!/Goodness! )
2. _________ I spilled the milk on the carpet. ( Oops!/Yeah! )
3. _________! What a cute baby. ( Oh no!/Aww! )
4. _________You scared me. ( Oh! / Yeah! )
5. _________ We lost the battle. ( Alas!/What! )
6. _________ What a beautiful dress! ( Aww!/Wow! )
7. _________ Is that a lizard? ( What!/Ouch !)
8. _________ I missed the bus. ( Oh dear!/What! )
16. Wh-Question Words
A. Read the given answers. Tick (✓) the correct questions for these answers.
1. a. Why is the baby crying?
b. What is the baby doing?
c. How is the baby?
Answer: The baby is hungry.
2. a. How are your parents?
b. Where are your parents?
c. Who are your parents?
Answer: My parents are fine.
3. a. When is your cousin coming?
b. How is your cousin coming?
c. Where is your cousin coming from?
Answer: He is coming at 9 o’clock.
4. a. Where is your class teacher?
b. What is your class teacher?
c. Who is your class teacher?
Answer: Miss Roy is my class teacher.
5. a. What sweets are there?
b. How many sweets are there?
c. How much sweets are there?
Answer: There are ten sweets.
6. a. How is the children’s park?
b. Why is the children’s park closed?
c. Where is the children’s park?
Answer: The children’s nark is near the rive
17. Subject and Predicate Worksheets
A. Underline the predicate parts in these sentences.
1. School closes at 3.30 p.m.
2. Maya and Mala are reading storybooks.
3. Fish live in lakes, rivers and seas.
4. We are driving to Bengaluru on Saturday.
5. The baby cries a lot.
6. Vasanti is wearing a sari,
7. The newspaper is on the table.
8. The snake catches a frog.
18. Punctuation Marks Worksheets
A. Rewrite these sentences with capital letters, full stops and question marks where needed.
1. kabir is going to coorg and mysuru in february
2. father and i want to go fishing in the lake
3. when are you visiting us
4. i plan to go to my cousin’s house tomorrow
5. which way is the station
6. raj enjoys reading pinocchio and cinderella
7. sunny cannot go to school on tuesday
8. where did you find the little puppy
FAQs English Grammar Worksheets for Class 3
Q: Why is grammar important?
A: Grammar is the foundation of effective communication. It helps us convey our thoughts clearly and accurately.
Q: How can students improve their grammar skills?
A: Consistent practice, reading, and seeking guidance from teachers or resources like this worksheet can help students improve their grammar.
Q: Can worksheets like these be used for self-study?
A: Yes, worksheets are valuable tools for self-study, allowing students to practice grammar independently.
Q: Are grammar rules difficult to learn for Class 3 students?
A: Not at all. With age-appropriate resources and guidance, Class 3 students can grasp basic grammar concepts effectively.
Q: What are some other resources to improve grammar skills?
A: Apart from worksheets, there are grammar books, online tutorials, and educational games that can aid in grammar learning.
Q: How can teachers make grammar lessons engaging for students?
A: Incorporating interactive activities, real-life examples, and storytelling can make grammar lessons more engaging and relatable.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve explored the significance of “English Grammar Class 3 Worksheet with Answers.”
By breaking down the importance of grammar, the components of the worksheet, and providing answers to common questions, we aim to help students and educators build a strong foundation in English grammar.
spread the essence of knowledge
Subject / Grades
- Kindergarten 177 177 products
- Grade 1 298 298 products
- Grade 2 318 318 products
- Grade 3 286 286 products
- Grade 4 260 260 products
- Grade 5 175 175 products
- Grade 6 46 46 products
- Grade 7 12 12 products
- Grade 8 3 3 products
- Comprehension 41 41 products
- Guided Composition 2 2 products
- Picture Composition 14 14 products
- Vowels and Consonants 16 16 products
- Jumbled Words 1 1 product
- Compound Words 4 4 products
- Fruit and Vegetable 2 2 products
- Cloze Passage 1 1 product
- Letter Writing 1 1 product
- Active and Passive 5 5 products
- Adjectives 19 19 products
- Articles 8 8 products
- Adverbs 2 2 products
- Conjunctions 4 4 products
- Direct and Indirect 2 2 products
- Possessives 2 2 products
- Opposites 8 8 products
- Punctuation 7 7 products
- Countables and Uncountables 3 3 products
- Nouns 17 17 products
- Sentences 2 2 products
- Singular and Plural 6 6 products
- Subject and Predicate 3 3 products
- Prepositions 11 11 products
- Pronouns 5 5 products
- Tenses 9 9 products
- Verbs 11 11 products
- Apathit Gadyansh 61 61 products
- Cloze Passage 10 10 products
- Word Search 5 5 products
- Colors 15 15 products
- Animals and Birds 6 6 products
- Fruit and Vegetable 4 4 products
- Others 3 3 products
- Picture Explanation 8 8 products
- Picture Story 3 3 products
- Compound Words 1 1 product
- Picture Composition 22 22 products
- Picture Comprehension 5 5 products
- Picture Essay 2 2 products
- Varnamala 3 3 products
- Kaal 3 3 products
- Karak 11 11 products
- Kriya 7 7 products
- Ling 12 12 products
- Sangya 19 19 products
- Sarvnaam 4 4 products
- Vachan 16 16 products
- Vilom Shabd 1 1 product
- Visheshan 1 1 product
- Essay Writing 4 4 products
- Letter Writing 3 3 products
- Swar and Matras 39 39 products
- Sentences 8 8 products
- 2 Letter Words 13 13 products
- 3 Letter Words 7 7 products
- 4 Letter Words 1 1 product
- Weight 2 2 products
- Percentage 1 1 product
- 3 Digit Numbers 3 3 products
- Addition 10 10 products
- Subtraction 9 9 products
- Multiplication 4 4 products
- Decimals 4 4 products
- Comparing Numbers 3 3 products
- Large Numbers 9 9 products
- Fractions 13 13 products
- Pattern 3 3 products
- Time 3 3 products
- Unitary Method 1 1 product
- Numbers 8 8 products
- Shapes 3 3 products
- Animals 7 7 products
- Communication 2 2 products
- Directions 4 4 products
- Science 12 12 products
- Word Search 4 4 products
- General Knowledge 2 2 products
- Dot-to-Dot 2 2 products
- Coloring 26 26 products
- Diwali 2 2 products
- Easter 3 3 products
- Holi 3 3 products
english grammar worksheet for class 3
Showing all 15 results
Identify and circle the nouns in each group of words.
Conjunctions worksheet – 4
Identify the type of conjunction and write in the blank.
Conjunctions worksheet – 3
Choose and fill in the blanks with the correct conjunctions.
Identify the nouns and state their kind.
Collective Noun and Material Noun with Answers-2
Fill in the blanks of Collective Noun and Material Noun with Answers.
Collective Noun and Material Noun with Answers
Nouns Worksheet with Answers
Fill in the blanks with the right collective nouns from the box given.
English Grammar – Verb
Identify and mark the verb in the sentences.
Identify and write the tense in the sentence.
Complete the sentences by filling in the correct collective nouns.
Students can practice to pick out the nouns from the sentences and write they are proper or common.
Students can practice join the sentences together using the conjunctions like (and, but, or, so).
Students can practice fill in the blanks and join the sentences together using the conjunctions.
Nouns and Articles
Students can make plurals for the singular nouns.
In this worksheet students has to choose between different types of nouns: common or proper.
English class 3
exam 2nd formative
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF